"Must do" Foods on Oceania

CruiseLiz

One of my favorite things about cruising is enjoying the cuisine. Since my first Oceania cruise is coming up in two months, I was wondering...

For those who have cruised Oceania before, what are your favorite foods onboard? What dishes are "must do's" to you?

Thanks in advance for all of your yummy answers. ;)

Berries

Lots of fresh fruits and veggies

Caesar salad with anchovies in Tapas

Lobster in Toscana

Room service - everything

Brioche in the main dining room for breakfast - have breakfast there - very elegant

Husband says: chocolate croissants

Lemonade

And so much more.

One of Jacques Pepin's signature dishes is his roasted chicken. We both still talk about it to this day. Yummy. It's available every night in the Grand Dining Room. It's a huge 1/2 chicken portion though....

Joe

There are so many dishes I would kill to have right now. Our favorites were:

Toscana: lamb chops w/ sundried tomatoes, black olives & roasted garlic w/ roasted potatoes; lobster bisque w/ Cognac

Polo: escargot w/ cream sauce in a bowl of phyllo pastry

Main D.R.:

Soups: chicken & cauliflower cream, broccoli almond cream, sweet potato cream w/ cumin, cream of corn & chicken, seafood bisque w/ Armagnac

Appetizers: chorizo & goat cheese quesadillas, baby eggplant & cheese stacked & grilled, fried monkfish w/ applewood bacon w/ roasted garlic aioli, garlic mashed potatoes topped w/ corn & onion relish w/ roasted shiitake mushrooms & grilled asparagus, grilled marinated vegetable terrine

Entrees: rigatoni w/ tomato sauce over sautéed eggplant; roasted pork loin w/ sundried tomato stuffing & black olives, tomatoes & roasted potatoes; cannelloni w/ ricotta, tomato & mozzarella; Moroccan chicken; wild mushroom & honey roasted shallot napoleon w/ port wine sauce; red snapper steamed in cabbage leaves & stuffed w/ minced pork, fried rice & mushroom sauce

Sorbets: white peach, pink grapefruit, white grapefruit, blackberry, pear

Other desserts: pear bread pudding w/ vanilla sauce, toasted biscuit topped w/ poached pear & vanilla ice cream w/ hibiscus flower infusion (reduction)

Misc: those chocolate croissants mentioned before & the best bleu cheese salad dressing I’ve ever had.

I’m drooling all over the keyboard!

Cruiseliz-

LHT is a girl after my own heart, the Lamb is delicious! -

->Do not miss the baby lamb chops at breakfast in the GDR, they are tender and amazing! I know, most people dont think of Lamb as a breakfast item but trust me.....try them with the figs ;)

->The Lobster Bisque in Polo (they add cognac tableside) is to die for!

->The Salmon Eggs Benedict is Terrific, as is the Florentine Benedict , I always look for them.

-> The Fish Sandwich at Waves is the best thing that I've ever eaten at a pool grill! Absolutely delectable!

->The Carpaccio in Toscana is fantastic, and a huge portion

-> And yes, I too adore the Chocolate Lasagna, but I'm also a fan of the very very good chocolate cake on the room service menu

Darn it, I'm starving now!

Creme brulee- Polo

Filet Mignon-Polo

mushroom risotto-Toscana

chocolate lasagne-Toscana

veal with lemon-Toscana

cream of artichoke soup-Tapas

berries, pecans, chocolate croissant-Terrace Cafe

Jacques Pepin's Roast chicken- GDR

We are not seafood eaters, but one of our travelling companions from East Coast Canada said it was the BEST he'd ever had!

Can't wait to experience the food and wonderful service again!

I mean, ice cream! All the flavors are wonderful, but my favorite was the unusual prune-armagnac. So smooth and complex.

In Polo, I could not pass up the shrimp cocktail or the lobster bisque. Shrimp cocktail is such a cliche, but Regatta's shrimps are huge, plump, fresh-tasting, and perfectly cooked. Their cocktail sauce is tangy, lemony, bright, and perfect. Oh dear. Must have some now!

OK, it's been 10 months since Insignia, and it's 2 months to go until Regatta, and I've been doing ok not thinking about the scrumptious food until this thread started. Please STOP, I can't take it anymore:eek: :D

Mike

Wow. I knew the food was going to be very good on the Regatta, but maybe I underestimated just how good it is going to be.

Hmmm, lamb for breakfast? I never would have tried it, but now I'll have to - with figs, of course :)

This is great. Keep it comin' folks.

Gosh I'm hungry.

Now I need lunch!!!! Can someone tell me about the chocolate lasgna??!!! I'm a chocoholic and this sounds YUMMY!!!! always thought of lasgna as pasta.

It is dessert with white /dark chocolate...very good:D

I was hoping someone would start this thread and am looking forward to dining on Nautica.

When we have sailed on another line, I ordered lamb chops with mint jelly for breakfast and fresh blueberries in heavy cream from room service. So decadent, but so delicious, eating on the balcony watching the ocean. I have never seen another cruise line that offered lamb in the morning so now I am salivating.

And please describe chocolate lasagna.

I've made a list of all the favorites listed so far. Keep them coming.

Thanks,

Joanne, the chocoholic

Totally agree with Jim and Stan re the fish sandwich at the pool grill. Grilled mahi mahi...so fresh I think they caught it off the side of the ship! Had it 3 days and crave it now! DANG!

Fresh berries each morning! My DH said the hash was the best he had ever tasted. And freshly made poached eggs..

One night I had scallops baked in a paper bag for dinner. YUMMY!!! Loved the pesto gnocci. Actually.... a better question would be what DIDN't we like?

Are you kidding???

Every thing was Great.

We just returned yesterday from the Regatta and all of my clothes have shrunk!!!

Don't order the 32 ounce Prime Rib in Polo unless you have not eaten in over two weeks. I did! -- It was perfect, but the group we travelled with teased me about it throughout the trip as I was unable to finish it. I tried, but failed.

Take clothes that will expand as necessary!!!

Cheers

I have yet to cruise but will be leaving April 4 on Insignia. The descriptions of the food sounds wonderful. I can hardly wait. I want to try the shrimp and the chocolate lazagna. What were your favorite dishes at Toscana==I am an Italian food freak.

Archived