How to avoid Room Service Charge

If you want to avoid the room service charge ask your Dining Room waiter/waiteress to box up a Cheese Platter or something non perishable to either bring back to the stateroom or for the show.

I am going to try this tip I learned on Royal Caribbean Blog and ask them for an extra cheese platter to have during the show along with a slice of cake.

Or for a midnight snack bring something that is easy to refrigerate like a slice of cake or the cheese platter. You can go up to the Windjammer and supplement it with other goodies.

Have you tried this?

If you've eaten all you can hold but still want dessert, yes, they'll box it up for you. Once we had a waiter who -- after every meal -- brought all the kids at the table a plate of cookies (under a silver dome) to take back to the room; we didn't ask for this -- they just did it.

I haven't considered asking for something else to eat for later. After such large dinners, I never want anything in the evening anyway.

One last thought: If you're going to supplement the items with addition food from the buffet, you might as well just help yourself from the buffet.

If you want to avoid the room service charge ask your Dining Room waiter/waiteress to box up a Cheese Platter or something non perishable to either bring back to the stateroom or for the show.

Seriously? You would eat something in the theater? I would never do that and I, for one, have never seen anyone doing so. I can't recommend this. ;p

My wife and I use Room Service enjoy ordering breakfast on days when we have an early shore excursion. We also order breakfast and eat on our balcony on sea days. But those are the only times we order Room Service.

Since food is available around the ship most of the time, we just grab something if we are hungry.

I've had nights when I didn't feel like changing into better clothes and I've gone to the dining room and ordered an escargot to go. They've brought it to me on a covered plate and I take it up to the Windjammer and have it with my dinner there. Gotta have my escargot.

Seriously? You would eat something in the theater? I would never do that and I, for one, have never seen anyone doing so. I can't recommend this. ;p

couple of years ago, went to a Chicago Orchestra show and there was a women take a FULL SIZE bag of potato chips out of her purse and start eating them during the show, pretty crazy to see for everyone around her

Can you imagen how the poor folks feel as they clean up your crumbs and whatnot after you turn the theatre into a dinning room. If you can't go a hour or so without eating something them maybe watching shows should not be on the checklist...

Not to mention how distracting it might be to your neighbor that might be trying to enjoy the show.

Can you imagen how the poor folks feel as they clean up your crumbs and whatnot after you turn the theatre into a dinning room. If you can't go a hour or so without eating something them maybe watching shows should not be on the checklist...

Not to mention how distracting it might be to your neighbor that might be trying to enjoy the show.

So it's ok to drink like a fish, but disgusting if you take a snack to the theatre.

Is $7.95 really gonna break the bank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like-button.jpg

And you people that are making a fuss about eating in theater do know that they now serve popcorn and candy in the there, right???

There's food available most of the time. Why not just grab something? Seems like a lot of trouble just to avoid a room service charge.

I agree sure I like saving a few bucks but its not worth it for me.

But they sell snacks in the theatre now anyway. On Harmony two weeks ago they had a small concession stand selling candy and such. I didn’t see many people purchasing those items but they do make it available. Shrug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate being nickle and dimed as much as the next guy. Still, I'm on vacation. I paid decent money already. I'm not going to let a few bucks ruin that. When it gets to the point where the money does make a difference, I'll quit taking vacations.

Honestly, I wish they would just roll everything into the price and be done with it. It's not just RCI and the airlines, everyone seems to be doing it now.

I bring a container and sandwich bags with me. I have tons of food allergies, blood sugar issues, and can’t eat after 5pm because of precancer in my esophagus. I am allergic to seafood, sauces and spices and have to limit sugars and carbs. So I put the food I can eat in the plastic bags or container so at least I have something to eat when I get shaky. Eating out anywhere is a problem as I must know exactly what is in the food. I am being checked for celiac disease so gluten free will be another problem

Sent from my iPhone using Forums