Question on fall TA

Mudhen

In our several past SS cruises, we have always sailed at around 6 pm. This cruise sails at 11. We typically have boarded shortly after noon, enjoyed lunch and explored the ship. So with sailing at 11, what time do our fellow passengers think they will be boarding?

It’ll be 11pm purely for tidal reasons. Can’t think of any other plausible reasons.... and yes I expect you will be allowed to board (as usual) before 12 so you can enjoy your ship before the masses and have lunch. Your room won’t be ready until 2 though, they will let you if you ask, to put your hand luggage away so you don’t need to cart it with you.

Looking forward to the Fall y'all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

And I echo that sentiment, altho' I had temporarily forgotten that I'll have to gen up on Zimbabwe, airport codes, and longest/deepest/widest rivers/mountains/who knows what!

It's been hard work here on the Muse with Jimmy K whose trivia is so wide ranging - our team started out well but has fallen lower in the rankings as more teams are formed - but very enjoyable.

Interestingly, we have a group of 200 from some US insurance company onboard and they have hardly impacted the cruise at all (in contrast to the saga playing out on the cooler). A sign appeared forbidding drinks in the pool, so they stopped taking drinks into the pool, and I'd guess the dress is a little more relaxed in the evening than otherwise, but nothing offensive clothing wise, and really I've hardly noticed them. So large groups, while making one's heart sink, are not necessarily a disaster.

And I echo that sentiment, altho' I had temporarily forgotten that I'll have to gen up on Zimbabwe, airport codes, and longest/deepest/widest rivers/mountains/who knows what!

It's been hard work here on the Muse with Jimmy K whose trivia is so wide ranging - our team started out well but has fallen lower in the rankings as more teams are formed - but very enjoyable.

Interestingly, we have a group of 200 from some US insurance company onboard and they have hardly impacted the cruise at all (in contrast to the saga playing out on the cooler). A sign appeared forbidding drinks in the pool, so they stopped taking drinks into the pool, and I'd guess the dress is a little more relaxed in the evening than otherwise, but nothing offensive clothing wise, and really I've hardly noticed them. So large groups, while making one's heart sink, are not necessarily a disaster.

So glad to hear "the group" hasn't made an impact on your cruise. Usually when you mention a group of 200 Americans with drinks in the same sentence, it's not good. I'm an American btw. I've put up one merit for the US and a -5 for the Brits (Whisper disaster with Jeff). It's usually the other way around! haha!

Hello Jolly!

How's the Muse? Are you enjoying?

Glad to hear Jimmy still is holding court at trivia.

Such fun, but so much anxiety!

Hello Jolly!

How's the Muse? Are you enjoying?

Glad to hear Jimmy still is holding court at trivia.

Such fun, but so much anxiety!

Hi Spins,

Having a wonderfull time! Piraeus today on turnaround day with the especial joy of a b2b pax - not having to do anything - this itinerary has been so port intensive.

And, sorry to brag, but triviawise we were first on the first day and first on the last day, very satisfying; now just need a new team for the next leg.

Like everyone, I was so hesitant about the Muse on my first cruise on her, but now on my second, I feel very much at home and am looking forward to the Museified aspects of the Spirit in September. Despite a completely full ship, I have had no dining difficulties and enjoy having the choices. In fact, I am actually wondering how I will feel on the Wind next year, I have a sneaking suspicion I may find her a bit too small and limited ...

Good to hear it’s worked well and no problems with dining or with the large party on with you. It sounds like open seating is working well. Were the menus rotated? (I’d imagine if they’re not, it may probably be more noticeable when the b2b starts the second leg.

Having been on both (even if the Spirit was just for a tour and lunch), if I had to make a decision based on identical itineraries a choice between the two, I would pick the Spirit. (Ongoing electrical faults aside.) I think they’ve learned from some of the mistakes....

Confirmed tonight that Moss will be our CD, quote 'if he lasts that long' - he has been on for all the post-stretch debacle - he will be leaving for a holiday when we disembark. Jimmy K will be coming on in Boston to carry on for a few months.

So now we know what to refresh our memories about for trivia.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

No box yet, but I believe it will come to our TA first. He usually takes it apart to be sure it's all correct. OCD in the very best way!

I'll be watching for the good news!!! Not sure if the SS web site is correct, but looks like the ship isn't full....that's fine with me!

(btw very excited!!)

Yes, the silver box went to our TA first.

She then sent it by UPS.

Not sure why it's so early but it made my day yesterday.

We still need to get through the major hurricane season.

I'm delighted to hear that the documents are IN... Pretty sure ours are with the TA now. Do your docs show what time the shuttle to the ship will be leaving from the Conrad? I could wait to find out but I'm like your TA, a little OCD ( or maybe a lot). Hate to wish away the summer because in the Pacific NW, that's the very best time of year but, fortunately, it does tend to fly by. Looking forward to meeting you all.

I'm delighted to hear that the documents are IN... Pretty sure ours are with the TA now. Do your docs show what time the shuttle to the ship will be leaving from the Conrad? I could wait to find out but I'm like your TA, a little OCD ( or maybe a lot). Hate to wish away the summer because in the Pacific NW, that's the very best time of year but, fortunately, it does tend to fly by. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi,

I am not staying at the Conrad.

Have you looked online at the my Silversea site?

Your arrangements should be listed there, although the likelihood of definite times for transfer is not high at this time.

Usually one gets that info upon checking in to the hotel.

We will enjoy meeting you all as well.

Got mine too. I think someone has got Sydney, Australia mixed up with Sydney, Nova Scotia on page 6...

Not quite following this....page 6 of where?

Hopefully, Silver Box this coming week!