Special things to do on a cruise for your SO?

chesswiththedevil

I am sailing on the Triumph with my girlfriend November 6th and would like to make it a special trip for her. I was wondering if there was anything that I should do or could do through Carnival that would make it extra special for her? I'm not talking about grand gestures so to speak, but more like little things that she might enjoy. So far I've come up with a surprise massage in the SPA, flowers and/or chocolate strawberries for the room, and maybe a bottle of champagne. I'm talking finishing touch stuff here folks, not 80s RomCom stuff. Any thoughts or ideas?

Since you are kind of limited for options on the ship, what about looking at an excursion she might like? Or something in New Orleans the night before the cruise?

Yeah, we got several things planned for New Orleans. I would like to go out to a plantation to take a tour because we've never done that before but I haven't found any good ones yet. Any recommendations?

Take her to a dive in movie. Grab a few blankets and wrap up together in one lounger with her sitting up front between your legs :D Save 1 or 2 blankets in your cabin.

Wake up early on a sea day and take your movie blankets, beach towels and a tote of things you think your sweetheart would enjoy having for a day on the Serenity deck (book, earbuds, sunscreen, water bottle etc) . Head up to Serenity before 7am and reserve a clamshell in an out of the way location with your body. The blankets should keep you warm and you can go back to sleep until she wakes up. Leave her a note telling her to put on her bathing suit and come find you on the Serenity deck. When she gets there, she can reserve the clamshell while you go and grab the two of you some breakfast :D. Spend the day here until the two of you have had enough :cool:

If thats 80's romcom, sorry. Im just suggesting things that my hubby does for me that mean lots .

No Steakhouse ugh! :o:eek:

I think all that you already have planned is very very nice.

I am unsure about Chef's Table, you have to dress more formal for that (correct me if rules changed and I am wrong), your menu is a set menu so if one of you doesn't eat gluten or seafood it be an issue, you will be dining with other folks and not that I mind dining for a long period of time but take that into consideration...but it can be fun.

No Steakhouse ugh! :o:eek:

I think all that you already have planned is very very nice.

I am unsure about Chef's Table, you have to dress more formal for that (correct me if rules changed and I am wrong), your menu is a set menu so if one of you doesn't eat gluten or seafood it be an issue, you will be dining with other folks and not that I mind dining for a long period of time but take that into consideration...but it can be fun.

While yes, they can also change the menu for these health issues. Since they can go vegan, I'm sure gluten free wouldn't be a problem!

Take her to a dive in movie. Grab a few blankets and wrap up together in one lounger with her sitting up front between your legs :D Save 1 or 2 blankets in your cabin.

Wake up early on a sea day and take your movie blankets, beach towels and a tote of things you think your sweetheart would enjoy having for a day on the Serenity deck (book, earbuds, sunscreen, water bottle etc) . Head up to Serenity before 7am and reserve a clamshell in an out of the way location with your body. The blankets should keep you warm and you can go back to sleep until she wakes up. Leave her a note telling her to put on her bathing suit and come find you on the Serenity deck. When she gets there, she can reserve the clamshell while you go and grab the two of you some breakfast :D. Spend the day here until the two of you have had enough :cool:

If thats 80's romcom, sorry. Im just suggesting things that my hubby does for me that mean lots .

No Serenity deck on the Triumph.

Grab a couple of the fleece blankets early - they may be in short supply after the first movie.

Kudos to you for planning ahead. Hope your cruise and time in New Orleans is special.

Not through Carnival but..

Last summer on our family cruise on Dream w kids, my husband planned a "date night" for just the 2 of us. Before we went to dinner he handed me a beautifully wrapped box. Inside was an Rtic stainless cup engraved with my name, "Dream Date" & "August 2016."

Very creative, thoughtful & quite useful on the ship. It has been on 2 other cruises with me & I use it almost every day @ home (in fact, have it with me right now!)

The engraving was $10 at a local jeweler. It's an awesome way to remember that vacation..

Um...that actually sounds amazing. However, there is no Serenity deck on the Triumph! This ship seems to be on the older side. I'm discovering but I had to take what I could get because I only had a small window of dates. That said, I think that I could do something similar on the Lido or upper decks. Thanks for the suggestions!

Bring a supply of 'little gifts' in your bag. Cards, candies, gifties - anything small - and leave them on her pillow at night. It's not so much what you give that's important, but that you thought to do something special every day.

The gesture will mean a lot!

When we cruised for our honeymoon, I got in touch with the folks heading our excursion (I always book independently), and told them we were honeymooning, and if there was something special they could do. We toured the ruins in Costa Maya, and the guides did an impromptu ceremony for us. My wife loved it.

When I took my wife on a surprise cruise for her 50th birthday, I got her a sash that said "50 and Feisty". She wore it all over the ship. :)

I always make the excursion arrangements, often not to her prior knowledge. In Cozumel I booked Mr. Sanchos for the day. I told her to pick anything off of the massage menu. She said "I think the foot massage would be just great."

I turned to our host and said "Thank you, she'll take the full body massage."

Good luck, and congrats!