Do staff dance in MDR every night?

Bazzybuggs

It doesn't happen every night, but it feels like it!

I have only one time seen them dance in the Lido area. Macarena chicken dance remix came on, they all danced, it went off and the went back to bussing tables. Very unusual, impromptu seemingly, but choreographed. Hilarious too.

Depends on the ship and what the boss wants to do. I know once they didn't dance because they said they were too busy (that's what I was told anyway). I don't think they dance on the first night on any ship. But, YMMV. It is usually right around dessert time for fixed dining.

Wow. Does it happen at different times? I'm looking forward to seeing that lol

Life is a disease with a 100% mortality rate

On ships where ATD is the second floor of the set time dining it will happen on the set time dining schedule (just before dessert delivery about 1 hour after service begins) almost every night.

On ships where ATD is in a separate MDR than the set time dinners the Maitre D' if they choose to it ay shift to run it at different times.

In general for those using ATD the dancing could occur as you are being seated, during the starters, as part of the main course, during dessert, or not at all.

Of course, if you have set time dining you may request of your servers that dessert delivery not wait till after the dancing. Especially helpful if children are involved.

If you're at Anytime Dining, it's hit or miss

On the Vista for ATD, they did it twice on the nights when they danced. We arrived during the first dance and then the second was around our dessert time (by random chance).

I think the staff HATES doing it...I'd just as soon see this end!

I have always wondered about this and on last couple of cruises watched the crews faces.

On the miracle Journey cruise think the majority of the crew actually likes it, especially the ones on the pedestals.

I have always wondered about this and on last couple of cruises watched the crews faces.

On the miracle Journey cruise think the majority of the crew actually likes it' date=' especially the ones on the pedestals.[/quote']

This has been my observation as well.

On our 4 night Liberty cruise, they danced the last three nights. We didn't eat in the dining room first night, so I'm not sure if they danced then. I'm lukewarm on the dancing. One of our waiters looked like he didn't enjoy it, but put a smile on his face while doing it; the other really seemed to enjoy it.