Taking Golf clubs to cabin

bobbismith

What port do you leave from? I don't take golf clubs but I take a metal detector and very large sand scoop. In Tampa they took the scoop out of my luggage and wanted to hold it till the end of the trip. They were going to give it back to me then when we reached port but due to rough seas we did not dock were I would use it. Never had a problem at any other port.

On the Paradise (April, 2000), we took our clubs to golf at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. We kept them in our cabin and after we golf at Cozumel, the golf pro on board (yes, they use to have golf pros on the ships back then), stored them in a locker on the crew deck. After Jamaica, we brought them back to the cabin for the rest of the cruise. Our another cruise (Jan. 2008), we just rented (set of Nike clubs), and brought along our own golf balls, tees, and shoes. If you bring your own golf bag, use a carry bag (not a cart bag). When you come back to the ship, they have to send the bag through the x-ray and scan it, and cart bags are too big to go through. I hope this helps.

My experience was exactly the same as Horzangle.

However, check out the websites of the courses you want to play. Many of the courses in "resort" communities have very nice high end clubs for rent. One course I played had the latest models of Taylormade clubs.

Great opportunity to try out some new clubs.

• 9 months later...
We called about taking our clubs to play in Jamaica and was told they are allowed. Had anyone taking clubs? What was your experience? Thanks

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Forums mobile app

Cruise Linesuniversally do allow you to bring golf bags onboard. If you have a hard travelcase for your clubs’ store on your balcony. If you have a suite tip your butlerto carry your golf bag to the gangplank. :cool:

We used to take our golf clubs often when we cruised... but flying was so rough on them that we decided not to bother any more... DH had his ball retriever broken going to San Juan then they snapped his driver head off on the flight home! In spite of padding the clubs and using a padded golf bag cover!

We always kept our clubs in our cabin.

Another factor- be careful with your clubs if you're playing in a port with tendering... the seas were rough enough to make getting back on the ship interesting, but when the guy dropped my clubs over the side (another worker caught the bag by the strap or Davey Jones would have enjoyed my putter!) we decided not to bother bringing our clubs anymore, we'd just travel with our accessories bag (shoes, gloves, tees, balls etc) and not worry about bringing our own clubs, just rent. them

We played in Cozumel 2 years ago and it was fun, but OMG was it hot & humid! Don't forget bug spray, whatever you do!

We called about taking our clubs to play in Jamaica and was told they are allowed. Had anyone taking clubs? What was your experience? Thanks

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Forums mobile app

I have thought about doing this...but in the end did not for a couple reasons:

1. My family does not golf.

2. It is hassle...flying or driving

3. Many reviews of the courses have a common theme of playing "in a hurry". And while I don't like 5 hour rounds, I don't like to play rushed either. Probably the biggest reason.

4. Price is just too crazy. By the time you add tips, etc (esp if caddy), I could play a couple local high end course, that I usually don't play, twice...and at a leisurely pace.

Cruise Linesuniversally do allow you to bring golf bags onboard. If you have a hard travelcase for your clubs’ store on your balcony. If you have a suite tip your butlerto carry your golf bag to the gangplank. :cool:

Carnival suites don't have butlers.

Carnival suites don't have butlers.

" For all I know someone's name could be Butler. " Marilyn Monroe in All About Eve.

OP, the previous advice to use a carry bag and not a cart bag is very good advice. You'll have many antsy guests behind you at the on board security checkpoint scanners with a cart bag.