Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Today’s Sunday Clarkson for M and all .... lovely funny M!

It does raise a point that had been on my mind during the week and I found a bit troubling. Instead of all the protests and silliness wouldn’t it have been much better if we had had chosen one of two modes.

The first was simply to respect the office of the president of the united states and see the present incumbant as simply the current one. We could have seen the visit as the office rather than the person and shown the office the respect and friendship it deserved. In a way couldn’t the behaviour of some hurt the feelings of some Americans who might have interpreted what they saw as anti-American, which it wasn’t and which no one could have reasonably intended or wished.

The second response by those that wished to object to the individual as a person at worst was to simply ignore the visit.

So show respect for the office or don’t react at all perhap would have been more British? Wouldn’t one’s choice of either of these two responses shown us as being more impressive than I think we may have appeared to many Americans? We don’t like to see disrepsect shown to the Queen so perhaps we should have returned the sentiment.

In a way many were indulging in the very thing they were criticising. Intolerance and bad manners.

“We don’t need no condescension — so, hey tweeters, leave that Trump alone “

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jeremy-clarkson-we-dont-need-no-condescension-so-hey-tweeters-leave-that-trump-alone-m386jj7c3?shareToken=29cdcf9c58cd16a4e2e967388deb0555

Ooh, my kind of drink there Jeffers and the balcony looks great....

Wheels are in motion for a stay at La Reserve next year....hoping my TA will work her magic as the hotel website is showing no availability for my dates....

Been out mooching about today with DD...she’s in holiday mode as they’re off to Cape Verde next weekend...

Pleasant afternoon watching the tennis now....😊

MissSophia, I concur with Dave on Le Chevre d'Or. It sits high on a cliff in Eze with a 2* dining room with glass sides looking over Cap Ferat. The rooms are spectacular. DW and I stayed there two nights after a long tour of France and in some ways it was the high point--after Normandy.

Eze is truly a tourist town, not trap. Cars are not allowed and the ambience reflects that.

Chateau Eze is also outstanding and recommended by the Andrew Harper guide among others. Did not stay there, but it did look romantic.

The drive to Nice airport is about 1 hr.

MissSophia, I concur with Dave on Le Chevre d'Or. It sits high on a cliff in Eze with a 2* dining room with glass sides looking over Cap Ferat. The rooms are spectacular. DW and I stayed there two nights after a long tour of France and in some ways it was the high point--after Normandy.

Eze is truly a tourist town, not trap. Cars are not allowed and the ambience reflects that.

Chateau Eze is also outstanding and recommended by the Andrew Harper guide among others. Did not stay there, but it did look romantic.

The drive to Nice airport is about 1 hr.

Thank you very much...Eze will be my second choice if the Reserve is full and those hotels look beautiful.

S😊

Enjoy seaside! We were in Pennsylvania for the weekend with Chris's dad. And we also met some of our cruise friends for dinner.

Drove home yesterday through an impressive thunderstorm with a nice lightning display. No rain at home though, and we got home early enough to have some pool time! Only 89 degrees... More hot weather in store today. Maybe some rain tomorrow?

Good funny, mysty, though if they're as skittish as our deer they'd never stay put when somebody approached the trampoline, let alone if they started bouncing.

In full planning mode for our silver wind cruise in September! Guidebooks checked out and planning our days in port. Should be busy, as always.

I bought tickets to the Anne Frank house on line last week, as soon as they were available. We have an overnight stop in Amsterdam so we'll go first thing on the second day. Hoping we like Amsterdam more this time.

In Antwerp we are still deciding whether to stay there, or take the train to Ghent or Bruges. Decisions!

Hamburg, Rouen, and Honfleur are relatively easy, as we'll stay put and explore those cities on our own.

Have a great Monday all!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Thanks Dave,

We’re first decided to tag on a couple of days but have jut decided to add just over a further week. So wifey is to get us some more fish tomorrow and more on Friday. So hopefully a very fishy week.

We have a festival and fun fair down here next weekend and fireworks on Saturday. Not brilliant fireworks but I love fireworks so Saturday should be fun. We’re expecting reasonably good weather. We had a neighbour move away a year or so back and it has made the area feel much more friendly although as with everywhere some people are extremely odd.

I realised that yesterday we must have been on The Balcony for around eight hours or so and it is a great place to idle.

Sounds like heaven Jeff,

I’ve got a very hands on week this week, staff on holidays and one barman’s partner “accidentally booked the wrong cruise” for the same week another barman was already off so long days for me this week! At least we have a lot of our lovely regulars staying this week. I love it when we’re full of regulars instead of one night tinternet bookings.

Happy days

And just to make my evening. I have had a further content free reply from Silversea telling me that they are sorry that a few other guests behaved badly and not their fault and that zero is they feel generous. Not even an apology. Unbelievable,

Stuff to do when I get back, but offering zero really makes the court route an open goal.

No customer should be under any illusion about these people.

Evening......great idea to stay on the balcony Jeffers....such a perfect location for relaxing....

JP....sounds like you’ve had a lovely weekend...and making plans for your cruise sound ideal...

Davey....the storm reached us a couple of hours ago...four paws laid on my feet under the coffee table...he gets so stressed...despite the thunder rolls and quick downpour we now have clear skies again....at least l don’t have to water tonight!

J....SS seem to be adding insult to injury......😒

The hotel saga for next May has finally been sorted.....my TA informed me that the date l want coincides with the Monaco GP and Cannes Film Festival....how wonderful....so very limited availability......

Ah well.....

Happy Evening 😊

Hope you manage to get sorted MissSophia. Luckily for me from my two dogs one is a spaniel so has never bothered about thunder and the staffy/mastiff/Labrador beastie that used to go berserk is now almost stone deaf and can’t be bothered.

On another note, I emailed cruisecritic this weekend expressing my concern that my review hadn’t yet been published. Luckily It appeared this afternoon.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=626242

Sophia, you will have a wonderful time and the hotel you finally chose is perfectly located ... I have passed it dozens of times and the world will be your oyster.

Dave, sorry to read of the extra jobbies. A balanced review and when I feel ready I will do mine. I must try to be as balanced as you!

I’m irritated with the palaver of getting the issue sorted at court but to be completely honest as you well know the way that they have refused to engage essentially removes a level of uncertainty when contemplating the court route. A decent apology and a half decent refund gives you an agonising dilemma. The cutting your losses and putting it down to experience approach. An implicit acknowledgement of fault and no offer seems to me to be a rather foolish approach that will take some explaining to M’Lud.

I will probably talk to the credit card company and then think for a few days and will proceed with one or t’other.

At least we now know something we didn’t know before. That is that Silversea booking 220 extremely low paid commission earning network marketing people onto a boozecrooze trip of a lifetime which overwhelmed their staff and loyal customers, and stuffing them with unlimited free alcohol 24/7 is not in their view an error of judgement or an issue that compromises the ultra luxury cruise with a “sophisticated atmosphere where you will be traveling with like-minded companions” and is something they will do again. It is not an action that they seem to regret or feel that they are responsible for. It is their customers fault. Complain and you will be treated with contempt.

I hope others take heed and decide whether the lottery nature of this product justifies their hard earned cash or wherher a different line might be a better bet. Every time someone says that they have read what we have said and have learned from yours, mine and the other peoples’ experience it cheers me a little. Poor customer treatment should have commercial consequences as should excellent customer treatment.

Just lit up a Rafael Gonzalez ....