Any chance of booking a back-to-back while on part 1?

CaliforniaDon

Part 2 of a potential BTB (back to back cruises) has been showing as sold out for a while. Is there any chance of booking that second leg while on board during the first leg? Perhaps a last minute cancellation?

And if it IS possible, will the cost be low?

Part 2 of a potential BTB (back to back cruises) has been showing as sold out for a while. Is there any chance of booking that second leg while on board during the first leg? Perhaps a last minute cancellation?

Anything is possible, monitor that cruise while on the first leg.

Very often the cost will be rather high as they will try to maximize their revenue.

You MAY be able to book the second leg. As a previous post said watch carefully on the first leg. Even better would be to talk to the Cruise Consultant on the first leg and see what she/he can do for you.

The chances of staying in the same cabin, however, are quite slim. So be prepared to have the staff move all of your things to the new cabin. They will tell you which things you need to pack, but I would take everything that is in the safe with me.

Here is a different approach. Check to see if your voyage is being sold as a "Logical" voyage, two b2b's sold under a single booking number. If yes, then it's probable that some cabins showing as sold out are really just reserved for the logical bookings. You can check this by going to the Princess web site and go through the process of booking the logical cruise. If this is the case speak with your T.A., maybe they can get you a cabin. Also these logical cabins may be released close to sailing time. I would do everything I could to obtain a booking before you are on board.

How picky are you with cabins? Some say they won't do an inside or have to have a balcony or a suite. The less picky you are, the better the odds. I'd think you'd have a shot with all cabin types on the list of possibilities.

During really bad winter weather in the US, where many, many cruisers were enable to get to ft. lauderdate

to embark...I was on a cruise.

An offer showed up in my cabin mailbox inviting me to stay on board for the next cruise.

Low cost? If princess needs you ... probably yes.

If you need princess ... probably no.

All you can do is ask once on board, and see if you like the price.

Princess oversells its cruise to maximize capacity.........

Most likely it will not be available due to it being oversold in the first place.

Just ask onboard.

If it is it will be at prevailing rates which will be high.

Yes, but a last minute cancelation may make it available, even on a ship that was previously "oversold."

We were on a cruise during the Iceland volcano eruption which was causing horrible messes with people being unable to get to the port (Barcelona) for the next cruise. The cruise line offered incredibly low rates to anyone who wanted to book the next cruise as otherwise they'd have a half full ship! We couldn't take advantage of it, but it sure was tempting. We did have a couple days in the city following the cruise, which was sufficient to clear up the air mess.

We were once offered an upgrade to the Royal Suite at the cruise terminal--we were told that the family who had booked it had canceled the day before due to a medical emergency. This was on DCL. I don't believe that Princess offers upgrades at the terminal.