Budget Car Rental in Charlottetown PEI

Strathmore

I called the budget number and got someone at the Charlottetown airport and they didn't know anything about a downtown location or getting picked up at the terminal. All the online reservation systems only have the airport location. It's very frustrating. I don't want to book an airport car and then have to get to the airport. Any advice?

I called the budget number and got someone at the Charlottetown airport and they didn't know anything about a downtown location or getting picked up at the terminal. All the online reservation systems only have the airport location. It's very frustrating. I don't want to book an airport car and then have to get to the airport. Any advice?

I'm sorry, I can't help. We were there 4 years ago. It is possible that Budget decided to close all of the other locations. You might not have an option. I'd go to Google maps, enter the port info, then with it selected, search near by for car rentals.

Good luck.

I've looked at Google maps, but I get fun results like it showing an Avis kiosk inside Founders Hall but the Tourist Information Office in Founders Hall not knowing anything about it. Or apparent rental sites that have numbers that just lead you to a national phone reservation service that doesn't know anything about the particular town. But I did finally find a Canadian site that is very clear about how you can choose the port from three options and call from the cruise terminal when you get there to arrange pickup. https://www.discountcar.com/locations/Charlottetown. If I rent a car, I think I'll go with them.

I've looked at Google maps, but I get fun results like it showing an Avis kiosk inside Founders Hall but the Tourist Information Office in Founders Hall not knowing anything about it. Or apparent rental sites that have numbers that just lead you to a national phone reservation service that doesn't know anything about the particular town. But I did finally find a Canadian site that is very clear about how you can choose the port from three options and call from the cruise terminal when you get there to arrange pickup. https://www.discountcar.com/locations/Charlottetown. If I rent a car, I think I'll go with them.

I'm glad you were able to find something and hope that you have a good trip. We loved driving around the island seeing things and being able to go at our own pace and do our own thing.

Budget had moved their downtown office a few years ago. The new office was too far for walking but they did have a pick up/drop off service at the pier. I wouldn't be surprised if they recently closed the office or only keep it open when cruise ships are in port. For more local up to date information contact the Charlottetown Tourist Information ....best if you phone but you can also go to their web site. The people are very friendly and helpful. It is a beautiful island and the color coded driving maps (available on line or at tourist info) are easy to follow.

Another suggestion: Hotels usually have info on car rentals or a car rental kiosk on site. The following hotels are very close to the cruise ship pier.....quick, easy walk. For additional car rental info, you might try contacting :

The Great George, 58 Great George St., Charlottetown 1-800-361-1118

Delta Prince Edward, 18 Queen St., Charlottetown ( part of a hotel chain deltahotels.com 1-866-894-1203)

Hotel on Pownal, 146, Pownal St., Charlottetown 1-800-268-6261 (This hotel is farther from the pier...about 6 blocks.)