Priority rooms ready at 130 today....

Lottacruises

Although the rooms were ready, I am absolutely certain they were not told they would be ready at 1130, or when they board.

There is lots of mentions other than this thread, from the "mistaken" original message from Carnival, from the the sign changes, to the ship crew saying it, to the new speeches in Galveston and Miami..... Even the luggage tags changed, the priority and fttf are no longer the same. Priority for suites and diamonds and platinums say priority, the fttf say fttf... That tells me that luggage delivery will possibly change too, but that is my opinion and not like the other things I mentioned that I have seen

Suites don't get Priority luggage delivery anymore. It was never a perk to begin with and they adjusted the Suite luggage tags to reflect that early this year. But yes, the D/P tags no longer have FTTF on them.

The signs on the fire doors have been changed for over a year and I suspected something was up then as evidenced by my Conquest review. I am still curious as to why they haven't changed the wording back on the website under FTTF where it used to say first access to stateroom is also a benefit for Diamonds and Platinums. I know it says on the other one that all benefits and then some of FTTF are included as D/P, but they purposefully removed that one sentence and haven't put it back.

There's no doubt in my mind they were trying to change it (as was brought up in the other thread(s)) but then backed off due to the poor execution and uproar. While I don't dismiss that they are planning to do away with the first access to the stateroom for Platinums, I don't get the feeling that this particular turn of events is the beginning. I still think it's because the port workers were incorrectly telling Suite passengers that their cabins are ready at boarding simply because they saw the "Priority" on their boarding passes without looking to see if they are Diamond or Platinum and it was causing confusion. So now there's no room for error if you tell everyone the same thing - 1:30PM. Those that are D/P/FTTF know you can go to your room and continue to do so. If there is widespread reporting and it's constantly happening that cabins aren't ready and S&S cards aren't in the mailboxes, or they put signs up saying just FTTF can go to their cabins, then it's time to be concerned. But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

Suites don't get Priority luggage delivery anymore. It was never a perk to begin with and they adjusted the Suite luggage tags to reflect that early this year. But yes, the D/P tags no longer have FTTF on them.

The signs on the fire doors have been changed for over a year and I suspected something was up then as evidenced by my Conquest review. I am still curious as to why they haven't changed the wording back on the website under FTTF where it used to say first access to stateroom is also a benefit for Diamonds and Platinums. I know it says on the other one that all benefits and then some of FTTF are included as D/P, but they purposefully removed that one sentence and haven't put it back.

There's no doubt in my mind they were trying to change it (as was brought up in the other thread(s)) but then backed off due to the poor execution and uproar. While I don't dismiss that they are planning to do away with the first access to the stateroom for Platinums, I don't get the feeling that this particular turn of events is the beginning. I still think it's because the port workers were incorrectly telling Suite passengers that their cabins are ready at boarding simply because they saw the "Priority" on their boarding passes without looking to see if they are Diamond or Platinum and it was causing confusion. So now there's no room for error if you tell everyone the same thing - 1:30PM. Those that are D/P/FTTF know you can go to your room and continue to do so. If there is widespread reporting and it's constantly happening that cabins aren't ready and S&S cards aren't in the mailboxes, or they put signs up saying just FTTF can go to their cabins, then it's time to be concerned. But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

Maybe? We will see. There are alot of things pointing to this. As people like to ask on here, show me that rule?? Well all signs of this perk are being removed before our eyes... We now only have what we "know" and are accustomed to.

I don't see any changes coming down the line. On our legend cruise a few weeks ago..not one person said any of that..and we had quite a roll call and facebook group.

A few disenters on cruise critic can spread all the stories they want. I don't believe it for a second.

If this was truly happening all over, you would hear a giant uproar, not a few "blue moon" stories

The changes are happening before your very eyes in Galveston and Miami, and one person said Baltimore. As I said before, the speech changed last weekend when I sailed the freedom,and on my second leg yesterday I asked again and it was confirmed that they were instructed by carnival to tell all guests rooms wouldn't be ready until 130. I know some were, mine was. This perk now is not written anywhere, no signs, nothing. It's not even on their website any more, lol.

Suites don't get Priority luggage delivery anymore. It was never a perk, or they put signs up saying just FTTF can go to their cabins, then it's time to be concerned.

When do you sail again?

Also, I think I am right in that this perk is no longer listed anywhere, is it? Except maybe the TV behind guest services. This perk is going away, I am sure :-(

When do you sail again?

Also, I think I am right in that this perk is no longer listed anywhere, is it? Except maybe the TV behind guest services. This perk is going away, I am sure :-(

No idea. I don't have anything booked and don't plan on it any time soon. I have a trip to Australia planned and then probably a land vacation next.

It's no longer listed under FTTF but on the other page it says that D/P get all the benefits and more of FTTF so you don't need to purchase FTTF. I've actually never seen the sign behind GS, but then again I try my best to avoid it the first day. I do believe it will be going away for Platinum but think they will leave it for Diamond. There are just so many Platinums that I don't see how they can continue to have all the cabins ready early unless they keep pushing back the check in times like they have already started to do. I realize that check in and boarding are 2 separate things, but if people start rolling in at 11AM vs 10AM, then there's less time they have to wait in the terminal taking a little bit of the pressure off. Wouldn't surprise me to see check in times get even later. But I have been saying for a while that I thought Platinums would be getting this benefit taken away. I even started a poll on it months ago and it got merged with another thread talking about it.

We have been platinum for years and when we boarded the Triumph a couple of weeks ago we were told our rooms would be ready at 1:30. I went to check about 12:30 and my key cards were not there yet. I went back at 1:00 and they were there.

The new process of leaving key cards at the door instead of giving them out at check in is to prevent people from going to their rooms early.

Sounds to me like they just wanted to make a clear policy. Rooms ready at 1:30 unless you have priority. No need to ask before then.

I board at 1:30 anyways. Room is ready, I have my luggage in hand. Not sure why so many let this topic stress them out so much.

This is what I was thinking.

It's no longer listed under FTTF but on the other page it says that D/P get all the benefits and more of FTTF so you don't need to purchase FTTF.

On the FTTF Excursion page (for an upcoming cruise) that I just looked at, it says:

"(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)"

And

"Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have."

So I'm guessing that your statement about it no longer being listed under FTTF is from the general FTTF activity page:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-%28fttf%29

It is a bit odd that for all the other perks they specifically mention "Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests" or "Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.".

As a side note, although I think this has been mentioned, I'll note it again: For those paranoid/curious about why FTTF seems to become available "mysteriously" closer in to the actual sail date (usually not long after final payments are due), Carnival does say this:

"The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing."

So once they get close to know the total number of D/Ps, they can possibly free up more FTTFs.

Sounds to me like they just wanted to make a clear policy. Rooms ready at 1:30 unless you have priority. No need to ask before then.

I board at 1:30 anyways. Room is ready, I have my luggage in hand. Not sure why so many let this topic stress them out so much.

This.....Even though my next cruise will be platinum, I still plan on going at 1:30pm. I have no desire to be in crowds, frustrated and stressing about rooms, times etc. I grab a late checkout at our hotel and catch the last shuttle to the port (usually cheaper too for last one).

I used to stress about getting FTTF and getting there early, only to stand in lines and hear so many stressed people.

People talk about getting their vacation started early...but 2 hours earlier at most usually...nope..not worth it for us :)

On the FTTF Excursion page (for an upcoming cruise) that I just looked at, it says:

"(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)"

And

"Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have."

So I'm guessing that your statement about it no longer being listed under FTTF is from the general FTTF activity page:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-%28fttf%29

It is a bit odd that for all the other perks they specifically mention "Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests" or "Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.".

As a side note, although I think this has been mentioned, I'll note it again: For those paranoid/curious about why FTTF seems to become available "mysteriously" closer in to the actual sail date (usually not long after final payments are due), Carnival does say this:

"The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing."

So once they get close to know the total number of D/Ps, they can possibly free up more FTTFs.

Yes that is what I was referring to. It used to say that first access to stateroom was also included for D/P but that was deleted from the page earlier in the year. That was around the same time CSRs and GS were telling people that it was only a perk for FTTF. When it was brought to JH’s attention he said it wasn’t true. But I truly believe it was (and is) their intention to take that perk away from Platinums. It was just rolled out poorly and they received a lot of negative feedback so back peddled on it. For now. Time will tell what will actually happen.

I've noticed on my last 2 cruises out of Tampa (Miracle & Paradise) that there were no signs saying that Diamond/Platinum/FTTF could enter on the doors. I just assumed that they weren't put up yet? I'm Platinum and I went to the cabin - it was ready and no one stopped us. We carry on our luggage so I'm only interested in dropping it off before going up to Lido. However, I am so totally a rule-follower, so if I find out it's definitely been taken away, I will not enter.

I can understand why they would want to take this away from Platinum - just because there are so many of us. If they take it away, I think I will be in that group that gets to the port at 1:30. I always thought that the crowd on the Lido would be crazy at 1:30, which is why I enjoy getting on early before it gets crowded..

For those that do board after 1:30, can you tell me whether Lido is crowded at that time. I will be on the Glory (Miami) next month. We will be arriving the night before & leaving our vehicle at the hotel during the cruise. Just wondering if we would be better off getting a taxi at 1:00??

On his Facebook page was it the port of Galveston mentioned? If not, there were two misinformed ports.

We sailed on the Valor on 9/3 from Galveston. We are Diamond. The lady who checked us in said our rooms would be ready as soon as we boarded. Just be aware that they have changed the signs on the water tight doors and they no longer tell, Platinum, Diamond and FTTF to come on in.

Our room was ready when we boarded at 11:45, and the steward saw us enter the room and came right over to welcome us.

We were however scolded by other passengers for disregarding the sign!

f7e5d8c8d4f6fc7929b8ebdb69cabeb9.jpgThis should put the rumor to rest. John Heald responded to my question via Facebook about the confusion regarding the policy.

Carnival hasn’t changed anything. Diamond, platinum and Faster To The Food all have priority cabin access upon boarding.

Later I’ll export the text to a more concise message.

.fe0f7bee6ac66bfe537984079c9dc367.jpg

Isn't that the official death knell actually? :) :) :) ;)

A reading from the first book of John...

Here is what I sent him: John, on several common interest posts today regarding early cabin access cruisers are reporting they are denied early cabin access with FTTF, diamond and platinum status. This was on the Freedom on Saturday and the Valor today.

Will you put an end to this debate and give us an answer if the policy has changed?

Here is his reply: Hello this is John, I was just told about this post and please kindly let me respectfully say what you are hearing or reading on other pages is false and incorrect. All diamond, platinum and faster to the fun guess will have the cabins ready on embarkation and as soon as they board they may go straight to them. We took this off the signs on the big water tight doors because people will miss reading it or ignoring them altogether. But please again let me say that all the VIFP guests may go straight to the cabin and I will be very grateful if you would post this on cruise critic and anywhere else you see it said otherwise. Thanks so much and my best wishes to you.

A reading from the first book of John...

Here is what I sent him: John, on several common interest posts today regarding early cabin access cruisers are reporting they are denied early cabin access with FTTF, diamond and platinum status. This was on the Freedom on Saturday and the Valor today.

Will you put an end to this debate and give us an answer if the policy has changed?

Here is his reply: Hello this is John, I was just told about this post and please kindly let me respectfully say what you are hearing or reading on other pages is false and incorrect. All diamond, platinum and faster to the fun guess will have the cabins ready on embarkation and as soon as they board they may go straight to them. We took this off the signs on the big water tight doors because people will miss reading it or ignoring them altogether. But please again let me say that all the VIFP guests may go straight to the cabin and I will be very grateful if you would post this on cruise critic and anywhere else you see it said otherwise. Thanks so much and my best wishes to you.

Usually the opposite happens of what John says. We shall see if John is wrong again.

I think there's some confusing terminology in play both by Carnival and this thread... we sailed in April on the Fascination in a Grand Suite. We are not Gold. Our boarding passes said "Priority". I do not remember if our Luggage Tags said "Priority", but I think they did. Our rooms were not ready as soon as we boarded - and we knew that was the case. That "Priority" tag includes "guests staying in deluxe suite accommodations" with the D/P/FTTF, but does not include ALL the perks for D/P/FTTF.

The title of this thread is "Priority rooms ready at 130 today...." but the OP never stated if they were staying a Suite, or were D/P/FTTF.

I work at Miami and was instructed by our supervisors to tell guests that all rooms (even for Priority and FTTF) would be ready at 1:30.

I asked my supervisor if they were sure and if it was going to be just for that specific day, and they said “the ship has instructed us that all rooms will be ready at 1:30 from now on”

I’m not a new employee, have been working in Port of Miami for 10 years!

Could it be a way, as mentioned in other posts, to prohibit those who don't have early access to cabins. Unless you KNOW you can, they aren't telling. The ship may have told the port staff that to prevent extra people in the cabins and corridors before 1:30pm. Is the port staff, Carnival employees or the ports employees? Don't you check people in for what ever cruise line is at your pier on any given day?

I can tell you that at least on the Victory last week from Miami, NO rooms were accessible at embarkation time. I know this because I boarded around 1130 and tried to stop by my cabin on Riviera deck 1 to drop my carryon bags and go back to lido for lunch afterwards. In fact, the double doors leading from the elevators to the halls were solidly locked, whereas in the past they may have been closed but you could still open them, go to your cabin, possibly see your steward as he or she was finishing up the room prep stuff. Cannot recall if the Platinum, Diamond or FTTF messages were on the doors but it said clearly that the rooms were getting their finishing touches and would be available at 130P. This threw a lot of other pax off also, as they were too expecting to at least be able to see their rooms, only to be physically denied. Now, I have read on here that this is coming and I don't have a huge problem with it but let me know that I won't be able to get to my room until after lunch and right before muster. I carried all my stuff on (as did the other 4 people in my party, 2 separate cabins) and having to wait for hours on lido to be able to get to the room kind of defeats the purpose of "Priority." To reiterate, this is the first time I think I have actually been physically denied access to my cabin prior to 130P since I have been platinum (5 years), so obviously things are changing. YMMV from ship to ship currently and JH can say whatever he wants but I know what I experienced just in the past week.

Could it be a way, as mentioned in other posts, to prohibit those who don't have early access to cabins. Unless you KNOW you can, they aren't telling. The ship may have told the port staff that to prevent extra people in the cabins and corridors before 1:30pm. Is the port staff, Carnival employees or the ports employees? Don't you check people in for what ever cruise line is at your pier on any given day?

In the past, at least on certain vessels and on certain decks, you could flash your silver card to a Carnival employee "guarding" the hall and get to your room before 1330. There were a few representatives in the elevator areas on the Victory last week that I saw but they all said to go to lido as the rooms were not going to be available to anyone until 130P. Now, I find it doubtful that they were running behind schedule as my roommate boarded around 1100 and was already getting lunch on a semi-crowded lido deck by the time I got upstairs to meet her at 1130. So obviously this is the way they want to go. Just be clear with everyone what your plan going forward is. Just another Carnival Cutback. BTW, really loved that the seaday brunch free drink coupon is only valued up to $9.00 (but not clearly marked on said coupon). Had to pay 29 cents or so for a funship special at the brunch. Talk about tacky but that is for another discussion. And to add a thought to your question about what the checkin staff are saying, I do believe the lady who checked me in said the rooms would be available for priority guests upon embarkation if I recall correctly because I do actually think I asked her. But using a paper boarding pass with a barcode to buy all your drinks for half of the first day is surely a great improvement, lol. Also, maybe it is different in Miami, but I think all the checkin staff at the terminals is contracted out, right? Maybe it is different for a place like Miami for Carnival where they have lots of cruises depart and arrive but I know in smaller ports they are not the cruise line staff and may very well rove from cruise line to cruise line on any given day.

Here is the email we received day before yesterday. The email had the platinum heading stating we were platinum. I sent an email back stating that we had early access to the room and could arrive when we wanted not 1 to 1:30. I asked if they could start correcting the emails. My reply was thanks for the email. They create their own problems.

Thank you for completing your Online Check-in. You are on your way to a fun and memorable vacation.

Arrival Information

• Please make arrangements to get to the cruise terminal within your Arrival Appointment which is 1:00 PM-1:30 PM. Guests who arrive outside their Arrival Appointment can expect longer wait times.
  • To enter the terminal, present your boarding pass, and a government-issued picture ID (applicable to all guests 16 years and older) and citizenship documents (including any necessary visas).
  • Final Boarding: In preparation for final boarding and departure, all guests must be on board the ship no later than 60 minutes prior to the published sailing time or they will not be permitted to sail.

General Information

• Staterooms are available at 1:30 PM.
  • Lunch is served on Lido deck until 3:00 PM.
  • Checked luggage service is only available until 2 hours before the ship's published departure time. Guests arriving after this time will be responsible for taking their bags on board.
  • Guests are not allowed to bring bottled beverages, (e.g., liquor, water, sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks) on board. Please review our beverage policy before you board.
  • Guests (21 and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne, per person, in their carry-on luggage only.

Mobility Devices

• For the safety of all our guests and crew, mobility devices cannot be left in hallways or other public areas and must be stored in the guest’s stateroom in a manner that does not block a clear and safe exit path from the stateroom. Unless you have reserved a fully accessible stateroom, mobility devices must be able to fit in a standard stateroom with a 22" entry doorway. Guests must be prepared to collapse their walkers, wheelchairs or scooters to allow for safe storage. Please visit carnival.com for full details.

We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.

The Carnival Triumph Fun Team

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.carnivalcruiselineemail.com%2Flib%2Ffe9513727761047c7c%2Fm%2F8%2Fc25dc507bb3b9305424e412ebcbed39c.jpg&t=1537313931&ymreqid=34975a20-b840-a8f6-1c39-620000011d00&sig=lxYDLyGCIM3KYI7R6b6Bkw--~C

Your cruise is right around the corner and we want to provide you with important information regarding your embarkation experience.