Going to Aruba soon, is the trip down there always rough?

crazycruzer68

I read several reviews on this board and others saying its not been smooth sailing. Is that what it’s like always?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, I have been there 3x on Carnival. I don't recall anything as far as rough waves go. You can have rough seas anywhere at any time. Its not the norm for most days or cruises, otherwise people would not go on them.

Aruba is beautiful...have a great time!!!

Just off the Sunshine, and we went to Aruba. You could definitely feel the movement, but I'd hardly call it rough.

I agree with that on the vista in July to Aruba.

However there was moderate wave action in the Aruba / Curaçao area. Wasn’t a storm but the ship was moving a lot. 15-20 ft swells - captain wasn’t abnormal for this part of the see. Got windy and some upper deck activities were closed but it was late night anyway. It wasnt uncomfortable or scary rough but definite movement and at Times needed to steady yourself and hold drinks in the table but that was about 24-36 hours.

Again captain said not uncommon in these waters ... but not unsafe or scary.

Was a normal cruise when I went. The roughest seas I have had were crossing the Gulf from Cozumel to Tampa. 20' plus seas had many if not most sea sick. Just come prepared.

We didnt experience anything out of the ordinary...only been once though.

We sailed out of NYC last November headed south into a winter storm...28ft swells and 55kt winds that first day at see. We had a blast and no issues, but I would say 80% of passengers it was a difference story!

Seems the seas on the eastern side of caribbean islands, the Atlantic side, is more choppy than sailing on the western side. Sailed it twice in within 45 days and the pattern was the same. It also depends on weather/storms as one time we where headed north after visiting the ABC islands and a front pushed through by Cuba and we were rocking and rolling that night on the Glory while staying in a 4j!

I read several reviews on this board and others saying its not been smooth sailing. Is that what it’s like always?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went twice this year and it didn't seem that bad, but it can get windy, but it's so hot in the summer, you'll be happy with the breeze!:D