Ok to leave our chair for 30 to 45 minutes lunch or go for a walk?

Produce123

hi there. My girlfriend and I are curteous people and would like to know more about chair saving etiquette in the serenity area on Vista. Can we leave our stuff on our chair if we go for lunch for 30-45 minutes? Or go for a walk for half an hour? And if we arrive around 730 to tan for the day is the section empty or already lots of towels put down on chairs? Thanks.

For me, go ahead enjoy but I am sure too many would not like that, I have no idea how people keep complaining how they can't find chairs to lie/sit on, I always see an abundant of vacant ones, I cringe when people say they have this problem, just don't understand it.

Quite honestly, whether your in the pool or getting a bite to eat, from the time your talking about there shouldn't be any problem, the way I see things.....

hi there. My girlfriend and I are curteous people and would like to know more about chair saving etiquette in the serenity area on Vista. Can we leave our stuff on our chair if we go for lunch for 30-45 minutes? Or go for a walk for half an hour? And if we arrive around 730 to tan for the day is the section empty or already lots of towels put down on chairs? Thanks.

If you aren't using it, leave it for someone else, A 5-10 minutes, fine, use the bathroom, quick dip, shower fine but longer, nope ,

I don't understand how anyone thinks it's ok to claim chairs for the entire day when hundreds of others might like a turn too.

Maybe one of the 2 of you could go get something to eat and then come back and take turns. My husband can eat lunch in about 15 minutes, I on the other hand take longer, so we each go and get our food and sometimes bring it back to our chairs and eat there. We don't usually use the chairs in serenity all day long but on sea days enjoy just relaxing out on deck so I feel like we have as much right to use the chairs as everyone else.. This way one of us is always there to safeguard our belongings and towels. We don't go out and place towels to save chairs though, just usually walk around until we see some available.

Make your cruise what you want in it, do what you think is right and always be fair either way. I see no reason why you can't leave for up to an hour after all, would people argue your not in the chair if you would be in the pool for an hour? I don't see an hour being away to be doing any wrong.

The posted time on the deck is either 30 or 40 minutes; if you are within the timeframe it is fair game. No one gets to tell you that 5 is okay but 10 is not if Carnival says 40 is fine. But if it is 40, please be respectful; 60 isn't 40.

I have no idea how people keep complaining how they can't find chairs to lie/sit on, I always see an abundant of vacant ones, I cringe when people say they have this problem, just don't understand it.

A chair is not necessarily a GOOD chair, or where someone might want to be.

For example, on RCI the solarium is always high demand, but I've seen "reserved" chairs (the typical towel and book combo) that sit empty for hours at a time while the solarium is packed full and people are very clearly milling around looking for seats.

To suggest that this is just fine because there's empty chairs on the pool deck instead is silly.

If ones desired area is full because there's actually butts in the chairs, fine...but if it's "full" because of people who have plunked down their belongings in the chance that they might come back in 3 or 4 hours, well, I don't think you need to be told that this is a problem.

A chair is not necessarily a GOOD chair, or where someone might want to be.

For example, on RCI the solarium is always high demand, but I've seen "reserved" chairs (the typical towel and book combo) that sit empty for hours at a time while the solarium is packed full and people are very clearly milling around looking for seats.

To suggest that this is just fine because there's empty chairs on the pool deck instead is silly.

If ones desired area is full because there's actually butts in the chairs, fine...but if it's "full" because of people who have plunked down their belongings in the chance that they might come back in 3 or 4 hours, well, I don't think you need to be told that this is a problem.

Be sure to look around on Serenity. The ones I have been on actually have small signs on the railing that say no reserving of seats.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Be sure to look around on Serenity. The ones I have been on actually have small signs on the railing that say no reserving of seats.

Yes the signs are there. I heard a person at the towel hut retrieving their belongings that had been removed from a chaise by the staff remark: " I thought the no reserving chairs signs meant we couldn't make reservations for the chairs through Carnival. " We laughed out loud at that whopper. :)

IMHO, One should not enjoy one activity while reserving space at another activity/venue. Going to the restroom or grabbing a snack are the exception. So if you are enjoying pool/deck chair, then when you move on to another activity, you should give up that chair. Likewise, if you are enjoying the pool/deck chair, you should not also be reserving spots in the theater or in the lounge, etc. If you simply want to tan, you can usually find deck loungers in areas away from the pool, so giving up your space and selecting another upon your return should not be an issue.

I think it's very nice of you to ask! I would suggest that you not do this, because you may lose your stuff - the past few times I've been on a ship with a Serenity desk, the attendants were very proactive about removing items from 'saved' chairs after the posted time limit had been reached. I like the suggestion that one of you stay put while the other grabs lunch, though - that's what we do.

I don't understand how anyone thinks it's ok to claim chairs for the entire day when hundreds of others might like a turn too.

Because Carnival allows people to take a break from their chair without losing it. Carnival authorizes 40 minutes away from the chair. If that is a problem, please take it up with Carnival.

Make your cruise what you want in it, do what you think is right and always be fair either way. I see no reason why you can't leave for up to an hour after all, would people argue your not in the chair if you would be in the pool for an hour? I don't see an hour being away to be doing any wrong.

Because Carnival says up to 40 minutes and after that the chair is available for anyone else to use. It's Carnival's ship so it's their rules I adhere to.

IMHO, One should not enjoy one activity while reserving space at another activity/venue. Going to the restroom or grabbing a snack are the exception. So if you are enjoying pool/deck chair, then when you move on to another activity, you should give up that chair. Likewise, if you are enjoying the pool/deck chair, you should not also be reserving spots in the theater or in the lounge, etc. If you simply want to tan, you can usually find deck loungers in areas away from the pool, so giving up your space and selecting another upon your return should not be an issue.

Carnival does not put a restriction on what a person is allowed to do with that 40 minute time allotment as long as they are back within 40 minutes.

You'll get a lot of views, some on the extreme. I think the answer is somewhere in the middle so use your discretion.

Of course you can go take a 15 minute dip in the pool to cool off. Of course you and your girlfriend can head down to Guy's, grab a burger, and head back to your lounger to eat them.

On the other end, what most folks find objectionable is when someone comes out with two pairs of flip flops (one per chair) and 4 towels spreading them over 4 prime loungers at 7a and then heads back to their room to sleep in. Many folks (or the staff) will simply remove those articles after 30-45 minutes as that is simply being incredibly rude and not allowed. Also, if you head off to another activity later in the day, also free up your chairs.

Simply asking the question shows that you were raised with common sense manors. Enjoy your cruise.