How is the birthday cake?

Joebucks

It's amazing to us! We love the choc cake!!! The mousse filling is sooo good. The choc ganache is kinda heavy, but still good. Lol we've ordered the 6"(I think it is) small size every cruise since Feb'16. That one gets eaten quick. The bigger one IS really big (to us),so for 3-4 of us it's too big, we don't get it anymore... But yes, our vote is that it's well worth it! They decorate them nicely also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Forums mobile app

That chocolate cake is so good! We had one and just kept eating on it all week. The one they will bring in the MDR if it is your actual birthday is not chocolate (at least mine wasn't). It was good too but white cake and white frosting.

If you set it up ahead of time you can request chocolate.

I have heard that it is good and I want to try it...but I'm always much too full to eat the whole thing with so many dessert options all over the ship. I suggest getting a slice of cake from the coffee shop. They are really good and the slices are very reasonably priced (2 or 3 dollars).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The complimentary MDR cake is awful: like fluffy (in a bad way) cardboard. It's nice to have it presented and all, but the cake - there are so many, many tastier dessert options on board: from the nightly menu to the coffee shop's delicacies, the chocolate cake from Room Service is very tasty.....just not the "gratis" cake. Ick.