Hotel Maya Long Beach

mkcurran

I was reading all the responses so I had to call and check the Maya for myself. I need a room for November 2, sailing out on November 3, this year. The room rate for cruise and park is $359. If you don't need parking, the room rate is $354. Now I see why this hotel is a good deal if you need a night stay AND parking. I will be flying in so I won't have my car with me. A bit to pricey for me for a nights lodging but if I were driving, it sounds like it would be in my budget.

I called and was also quoted the higher rates. If you send and email to Jessica (see posts above for the email address) she can give you a quote on the Carnival rate. I got $179 for a room rate the end of Nov.

Have you tried booking online with the Carnival code of P41? We are staying there in 3 weeks and the code worked for us for that night. We always stay at the Maya and always get the cruise w/parking Carnival rate. Its worth a try

We have walked from the Maya to the Queen Mary which is right next to the port. We did not do it with luggage! The Residence Inn is farther away. I would take the free shuttle and not try to walk with all your stuff!

There is nothing wrong with the Residence Inn. We get Hilton pts so try to stay at the Maya which is a Doubletree by Hilton. I agree that you need to talk to Jessica specifically or e mail her specifically to get the decent rate.

She had a problem with my last e mail going into her spam folder for some strange reason so I'd either try calling and asking for her or sending another e mail if it has taken more than 1 week to get an answer. She is not on vacation as I just heard from her a few days ago.

riffatsea....I agree and won't be paying that much either. I did book the Residence Inn that is right next door for $181 the night of November 2. Even this is pretty high for me but I like the location and should give us some fun things to do the day we arrive. I want to hop on the "passport" bus and ride around downtown Long Beach and stop off near the aquarium. Do you have any experience with this hotel and its location? The other place I have my eye on is a newer Hampton Inn by the airport but I think there won't be as much to do within walking distance but it is priced at $145. We will be getting into LAX about noon and taking Super Shuttle down to Long Beach so we will have all afternoon and evening to explore. Next day, SPLENDOR! One other question, I was told by the front desk at the Residence Inn that we could just walk to the port(they do no have a shuttle). Has anyone done this? Is it that close?

It is definitely not that close, and I would certainly not walk it, even with rolling luggage.

I did not read carefully so didn't realize that the Residence Inn doesn't offer a free shuttle to the pier. That is really silly! Try again to get the Maya for a similar rate.Their free shuttle makes it easy!! You don't want to be at the airport!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Have you tried booking online with the Carnival code of P41?

Thanks for this! I called Hotel Maya and they offered a rate of $353 for one night, same as what I saw on their site for park and cruise. However, using the P41 code online, I see a rate of $179 :)

Daniel15...I can not get that code to work, P41. Dumb question, where did you enter this code?

Go to the Hotel Maya site at https://hotelmayalongbeach.com/

In the "Book Your Stay" section on the right-hand side, enter the dates then click "Check Availability"

On the next page that comes up, enter P41 into the "Promotion/Offer Code" field

firefox_03-22.59.47.png

Daniel15, I figured it out. The date I need does not qualify for the discount. They must have sold out all the rooms for the night at that discounted rate. I plugged in a few other dates and sure enough, the code worked. I am going to keep checking to see if any cancellations happen and the code will work for the night I need. The price with the code is $179 and without is well over $300!! That is a huge difference. Thank you for posting this information and hopefully someone else can take advantage of such a great discount.

• 1 month later...
Can you use the P41 park and cruise code if you don’t have a car? I’m flying in to LAX and love staying at the Maya but have in the past always paid a lot more. Would be great to get the lower rate.

I think this would be fine. They don't really validate whether you have a car or not. They give you a pass to put on your car's dash, but I don't think they'd care if you didn't use it.