Suggested economy hotels for 3 nights in Honolulu

Hadassah28

First piece of advice is to look on the Hawaii board...many discussions on hotels there.

Second point is to understand that Hawaii is not cheap.

Third would be to at least look at RCI 's hotel options. Probably not cheaper...but check them anyway.

Lastly, look at some package deals through big box stores, autoclubs, things like that.

It will also depend on whether you will have a car. Economy hotels in the Waikiki area have very limited parking, and you may be parking out on the street somewhere. When I travel for work, I stay by the airport--not a great atmosphere, but I'm usually there just to work. There is public transport to the sites in the area, and you can park a rental car easily enough on site.

Not sure what your price range is but the Ala Moana Hotel is reasonable compared to most hotels...especially those in Waikiki. It is located just on the outskirts of Waikiki and right next to the Ala Moana shopping center. There are lots of dining options at the shopping center too.

Here is a link to the hotel website: https://www.alamoanahotelhonolulu.com/rooms-suites/

City view rooms are less expensive than ocean view rooms.

It is hard to give advice without knowing what "inexpensive" means to you in actual numbers?? There is no need for a rental car in Honolulu. You can get around easily by bus or walking and if you want to explore other parts of the island there are tours you can use.

If you stay a few blocks from the beach it will be less expensive. I see lots of hotels under $150 per night on various hotel booking sites.