La things to do/shuttle from cruise terminal

HCI

Hi

We are a couple for Australia, after our cruise we will be staying at Hilton Los Angeles Hotel for 2 nights

This is our first time in LA

I would like some suggestion about a tour to make the best of our 2 days.

Also which transport would be ideal to use from the Port to our Hotel

Many Thanks:)

Hi

We are a couple for Australia, after our cruise we will be staying at Hilton Los Angeles Hotel for 2 nights

This is our first time in LA

I would like some suggestion about a tour to make the best of our 2 days.

Also which transport would be ideal to use from the Port to our Hotel

Many Thanks:)

Which exact Hilton hotel are you staying in? There are probably around 30 to 40 Hiltons in the greater Los Angeles area...Some are in fairly decent locations, many are remote. There are parts of town that are great to stay in...others not recommended. Also important whether or not you will rent a car or if you will be depending on other forms of transportation. A lot of areas of LA will be extremely difficult to use for a base if you do not have a car.

Also important to know which port you will be cruising into...Long Beach or San Pedro...

And...what time is your flight out on your final day?

If you need to stay at a Hilton for some reason, stay at the Hilton Universal and just hang around the theme park and City Walk. But we really do need to know, which Hilton you are at and if you are committed to that location. Also, don't let the horror stories about LA traffic scare you from driving. Yes, it can be bad. But if you time things correctly, watch traffic reports and use a GPS/Waze program it's workable.

Hi

We are staying at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Dont think hiring a car is an option for us

LAX would not be my choice as a place to stay...especially without a car. There really is nothing in walking distance. It is, basically, an industrial/office area...a lot of car lots, trucking/distribution facilities, airport-related businesses and, of course, a string of airport hotels. But, believe it or not, not a lot of restaurants or sights to see.

So, staying there two nights and wanting to do some sightseeing, you are going to have to be very dependent on Ubers or taxis.

You MAY find a tour company that will pick up there, but, believe it or not, most LA tour companies, even though they pick up at a lot of hotels in places like Santa Monica and Hollywood, don’t pick up at LAX hotels. Luckily for you, the Starline HOHO bus tour recently added an “Orange Line” extension...which picks up at the LAX Hilton...but only at 8:54 am and 9:54 am...and drops off back there at 4:26 pm and 5:26 pm...and, in summer months, at 7:26 pm. It’s not the most complete tour...and you may not be able to complete the entire loop while getting off for some stops as that would take well over six hours, not including stops for photos and/or lunch.

If you wanted to do that one...or if you can find a more personalized tour with a Hilton pickup, you’d probabl6 want to do that the day after disembarkation...as on disembarkation day, you are not goin* to get to your hotel in time to get the tour.

So, for that first day off the ship, first you will need a ride from San Pedro to your hotel. Best recommendation is Uber. If you want to save money, look into a shared shuttle with Super Shuttle or Prime Time shuttle or one of a few other companies...but it won’t save you that much and you may have to make a few stops prior to getting to your hotel. Public Transportation in LA, and specifically for getting from the Pier in San Pedro to the LAX Hilton, is, simply, not a reasonable option.

So, counting on doing a City Tour that second day, I would use the first day like this: After checking into your hotel, get an Uber to Venice and Santa Monica...one then the other...with a short Uber between the two, in one direction or the other. In Venice, stroll the Boardwalk and pick up lunch somewhere ( I recommend C&O Trattoria on Washington at the beach) ...then Uber to the Santa Monica Pier...stroll the pier...then head up to the Third Street Promenade and stroll along that...Walk along Palisades Park for the views (especially around sunset)...back to the Promenade for some dinner at one of the man6 area restaurants and along the Promenade for the nightlife. Then Uber back to your hotel...

Then, the next day, do that LA/Hollywood tour to visit Hollywood (the Sign, Grauman’s Chinese Theater, the Walk of Fame, etc.), Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills...and any other sites on the loop that interest you.

After the tour and after you get back to your hotel, catch an Uber to Manhattan Beach or to Marina Del Rey to find a restaurant.

Have fun.

Hi Bruin Steve

Thank you so much for all your information

Would area would you suggest we stay to make it easier for us to get around

Much Appreciated

Santa Monica...approximately between Pico and California...and between 5th and the beach.

All of the tour companies pick up there. The HOHO bus uses it as a hub. Lots to see and do in the immediate area (Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Palisades Park). Venice Beach is a short Uber or a bicycle rental away. Not far to the Getty Center Museum or the Getty Villa. Lots of restaurant choices. Great weather.

Obviously, the 5 star hotels near the beach are a bit pricey (Loews, Marriott LeMeridian, Shutters, Fairmont Miramar). Some of the hotels a block or two off are still pricey for some...but worth it...See the Huntley, the Wyndham...there’s a brand new Hampton Inn and a Marriott Courtyard. The Carmar is a little different...but well located and many like it,

In the end, you save much of the money back not using as many Ubers and taxis.

Hilton LAX is a great hotel for an over nighter, but not as a base of operations without a car. There isn't anyplace you will want to walk to from there. I am Hilton brand loyal and have stayed all over LA area in Hilton properties. Recently stayed at the Doubletree just up the street from Disneyland. Great property and even if you don't want to pay to get into Disney you can walk to Downtown Disney or UBER to many places. As I posted the Hilton at Universal is in the parking lot of Universal Studios and City Walk. If you didn't want to drive anywhere and just walk that would be my choice. If you want to venture out it's right off the 101 so easy UBER to many places. The Getty isn't to far and if you haven't been the Museum of Tolerance is interesting and sobering.

BTW: I was in LA this last weekend to visit our kids and discovered "Fat Sal's". If you are close to one you must go and have a sandwich. It's my new most fav sandwich location. Menu is on line if you doubt me!!!

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

Hi Bruin Steve

Thanks you for all you advise we have decided to stay at Long Beach at the Hyatt Regency

Catch a Uber from the Port

Do a tour with Sunseekers one day

Then either uber or a shuttle back to LAX

I have enquired at the Hyatt several time by email to check to see if they have a late check out, but no reply

As I flight does not leave to go back to Sydney unitll 11pm

Have you any other suggestion if the Hyatt does do a late check out

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The Hyatt Regency Long Beach isn't much better than the LAX Hilton for touring.

Hollywood and Downtown LA are the best areas for public transportation. Most of the tours for LA originate from Hollywood

From Hollywood or Downtown you can take the Flyaway Bus to LAX.

The Hyatt Regency Long Beach isn't much better than the LAX Hilton for touring.

Hollywood and Downtown LA are the best areas for public transportation. Most of the tours for LA originate from Hollywood

From Hollywood or Downtown you can take the Flyaway Bus to LAX.

Can take the Blue Line into LA from Long Beach. metro.net Wouldn’t take the Blue Line after dark as it goes thru some of our most interesting neighborhoods. All of our riots have started somewhere along the Blue Line route. That being said, we’ve taken it multiple times to Long Beach with no issues.

The Flyaway Bus has a Long Beach - LAX route. https://www.flylax.com/en/flyaway-bus