Pick up and Car service from San Pedro questions

marti2282

We will be arriving mid December on NCL Star and spending a few days with my son and his wife before heading home to Florida.

PART I — They have offered to pick us up, but is at least an hour drive from their home. So in order to keep them from circling while waiting for us, we thought we would have them arrive at 9:30. Fairly sure we will be off well ahead of that, is there a place outside the terminal where we can wait comfortably for them? Just a bench will do.

PART II — Uber or Lyft? We’ve never been to San Pedro before, but have encountered surge pricing and Uber apps that won’t connect (blocked?) at east coast ports. Your experience, please?

PART III — please recommend a car service.

Thanks!

We have only been to San Pedro as a day stop on our coastal cruise last fall. There were lots of taxis waiting there and the parking area was huge. There was free wifi in the building, that we had no trouble connecting to.

This time we will be getting off the Island Princess at San Pedro on Sept 26th and were hoping to get an uber to LAX so hopefully it all works as planned. I will try and remember to post back with our experience when we return. Hoping that the surge pricing you mentioned isn’t a problem for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have only been to San Pedro as a day stop on our coastal cruise last fall. There were lots of taxis waiting there and the parking area was huge. There was free wifi in the building, that we had no trouble connecting to.

This time we will be getting off the Island Princess at San Pedro on Sept 26th and were hoping to get an uber to LAX so hopefully it all works as planned. I will try and remember to post back with our experience when we return. Hoping that the surge pricing you mentioned isn’t a problem for us.

Thanks —will watch for your post cruise report. Have a great time!

There are benches outside the San Pedro terminal.

We call our ride as we’re being called to debark. Last time out of San Pedro it took about 45 minutes to get from the ship to the outside benches. YMMV. An hour drive is no problem for Angelenos.

Uber and Lyft are very similar.

Look at Execucar.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks —will watch for your post cruise report. Have a great time!

Off the ship this morning at San Pedro, used the Uber app and got a ride to LAX. Driver was there in less than 5 min and cost was about half what a cab would be. Lots of Uber and Lyft cars picking people up right outside the terminal door. No issues with the app. There is wifi at the port too if that makes any difference to you.

Off the ship this morning at San Pedro, used the Uber app and got a ride to LAX. Driver was there in less than 5 min and cost was about half what a cab would be. Lots of Uber and Lyft cars picking people up right outside the terminal door. No issues with the app. There is wifi at the port too if that makes any difference to you.

Appreciate the report. So glad to hear this!

We will be arriving mid December on NCL Star and spending a few days with my son and his wife before heading home to Florida. PART I — They have offered to pick us up, but is at least an hour drive from their home. So in order to keep them from circling while waiting for us, we thought we would have them arrive at 9:30. Fairly sure we will be off well ahead of that, is there a place outside the terminal where we can wait comfortably for them? Just a bench will do.

When I pick up my parents I wait at the Starbucks in San Pedro. It is very close to the WCP.

PART II — Uber or Lyft? We’ve never been to San Pedro before, but have encountered surge pricing and Uber apps that won’t connect (blocked?) at east coast ports. Your experience, please?

I can't speak to surge pricing, but it certainly isn't blocked.

PART III — please recommend a car service.

ExecuCar would be my first pick. I hate SuperShuttle, but their ExecuCar division is great.

When I pick up my parents I wait at the Starbucks in San Pedro. It is very close to the WCP.

I can't speak to surge pricing, but it certainly isn't blocked.

ExecuCar would be my first pick. I hate SuperShuttle, but their ExecuCar division is great.

Thanks! Great info on the Starbucks if they pick us up.