Carnival Sunshine Handicap Cabin

Hello, everyone...I am trying to find out if anyone has cruised in a handicap cabin on the Carnival Sunshine. I have one booked for a December cruise and I am bringing my mobility scooter. (It Is smaller kind and I am sure it will fit thru doorway.) My question is because my sister wants to rent a scooter and we are trying to find out if two scooters will fit in the room. I was told there is no 'turn around room" and that is fine....we can drive it in and back it out but I need to know if we can even get the two scooters into the room. As with a lot of things with any cruise line, when you call it all depends on who you get on the phone at any given time. I almost always get a different answer with every phone call. ;)

So, I am hoping to hear from anyone who has actually stayed in an Ocean View Handicap Cabin. Please share your experience if you have.

Thank you all very much for reading this post.

Happy Cruising! :cool:

Do not know know about storing two in cabin. Not handicapped but was in a handicap room on the Sunshine in Nov. Be very careful in the shower as there are no ledges to stop the water and it continously wet the carpet in my room. Guest services know about the problem and said there was nothing they could do. They did come each time i called and i had my own personal floor fan for the cruise. It was a 4J in the front. Seemed large enough . Hope you have a great cruise

Hello, everyone...I am trying to find out if anyone has cruised in a handicap cabin on the Carnival Sunshine. I have one booked for a December cruise and I am bringing my mobility scooter. (It Is smaller kind and I am sure it will fit thru doorway.) My question is because my sister wants to rent a scooter and we are trying to find out if two scooters will fit in the room. I was told there is no 'turn around room" and that is fine....we can drive it in and back it out but I need to know if we can even get the two scooters into the room. As with a lot of things with any cruise line, when you call it all depends on who you get on the phone at any given time. I almost always get a different answer with every phone call. ;)

So, I am hoping to hear from anyone who has actually stayed in an Ocean View Handicap Cabin. Please share your experience if you have.

Thank you all very much for reading this post.

Happy Cruising! :cool:

We have stayed in a handicapped interior on the Sunshine. 1 scooter in the room was fairly cramped, two would be very much so. Can you get them in there? I would think so. Do you want to? That would be an entirely different question. Would the two of you have enough mobility to maneuver around these obstacles? It may help if you have the beds in a twin configuration (we did not).

Do not know know about storing two in cabin. Not handicapped but was in a handicap room on the Sunshine in Nov. Be very careful in the shower as there are no ledges to stop the water and it continously wet the carpet in my room. Guest services know about the problem and said there was nothing they could do. They did come each time i called and i had my own personal floor fan for the cruise. It was a 4J in the front. Seemed large enough . Hope you have a great cruise

Do you happen to remember the cabin number? I know there are a couple cabins that have a very weird configuration and offer extra room. We had one of those on the Conquest. (We had enough room to have scooter races if we wanted! LOL) We will be in a aft cabin on the Sunshine.

Thanks for your help. :)

We did not sail the Sunshine but did have a handicapped ocean view on Fascination. I would think the two cabins would be similar. Iknow you can get the scooter in the cabin but you have to back it out, no turn around. Because of the larger bathroom it makes the cabin smaller. If you asked your steward to remove the chair sitting against the wall you might have room to park two small scooters.

I too am concerned how you would be able to get around in the room, there is about one foot of space between the end of the bed and the wall and less than that between the bed and the wall with the window. Not really a lot of maneuver room, especially with two scooters taking up space.

As far as the water running out onto the floor from the shower, I just asked the steward for four extra towels every morning and evening and rolled them up and put them on the floor at the edge of the shower. Worked great. After our showers I just left the wet towels in the shower and the steward replaced them

Have a great cruise.

Thanks, everyone, for the replies. I appreciate the help. I am going to try to find someone who is going on the Sunshine before December who would be willing to look at the cabin (2341) to see if the two scooters will fit.

Thanks again.......Cruise Critic people are the BEST source for helpful information! :)

Happy Cruising!

We had an aft extended balcony accessible cabin (5344) on Sunshine in November and it was HUGE but again, it was an aft extended balcony. I highly recommend upgrading, if you can.

I think we got the last accessible cabin available on that cruise. We are really 'locked in'.....we booked the airfare so we are going. :) The difference is in whether or not my sister and I will be able to venture very far off the ship or not. We can get around fine with our walkers but for any kind of distance the scooter is the only way we can see and do everything. I used a scooter for the first time last year on a cruise and was AMAZED at the difference it made! I thought I was all done cruising but the scooter let me enjoy so much more of the cruise than I had in the past several cruises. (I actually think I have a few more cruises in me! Alaska is

back on my bucket list :D:D:D)

Thanks for your suggestion!

• 2 months later...
Thanks, everyone, for the replies. I appreciate the help. I am going to try to find someone who is going on the Sunshine before December who would be willing to look at the cabin (2341) to see if the two scooters will fit.

Thanks again.......Cruise Critic people are the BEST source for helpful information! :)

Happy Cruising!

We had cabin 2341 last year on the Sunshine and I think 2 scooters will fit and be able to turn around. This is an OV accessible and has 2 nice windows and a sofa. The door is extra wide and there is a long hallway when you enter. I don't know how to upload photos, but if you would email me at amv1321 at verizon dot net I can send them to you. If you can get this room I would grab it. The cabin is located aft on deck 2 (check the deck plan)

Theresa

• 1 year later...

We are booked in cabin 3102 for January 2021 - trying to find out if this cabin has the wider entry door as well.  The information on Carnival's website seem to indicate that there are NO fully accessible cabins on this ship - every list of door width I've been able to find shows 22" entry doors - we need a wider entry  door as my scooter is wider.  

We've also looked at 7105 and 7106 - these are corner cabins with a view to the outside walkway - again, they show on the site as AAC, nor FAC.

Anyone have any input?

1 hour ago, cruisinagain1960 said:

We are booked in cabin 3102 for January 2021 - trying to find out if this cabin has the wider entry door as well.  The information on Carnival's website seem to indicate that there are NO fully accessible cabins on this ship - every list of door width I've been able to find shows 22" entry doors - we need a wider entry  door as my scooter is wider.  

We've also looked at 7105 and 7106 - these are corner cabins with a view to the outside walkway - again, they show on the site as AAC, nor FAC.

Anyone have any input?

Which ship, please?  Oops, you certainly mean the Sunshine 🙂

This is NOT an accessible cabin, although I can tell you from experience that there ARE fully accessible cabins on the Sunshine.  There just may not be any available for your cruise.

EDIT:  Looking at the accessibility charts, it appears that all of the previously designated accessible cabins have been converted to AA cabins 😞  You also might want to think through keeping your cabin.  It it right underneath the Liquid Lounge (super noisy).

Edited by Schoifmom

18 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

Which ship, please?  Oops, you certainly mean the Sunshine 🙂

This is NOT an accessible cabin, although I can tell you from experience that there ARE fully accessible cabins on the Sunshine.  There just may not be any available for your cruise.

EDIT:  Looking at the accessibility charts, it appears that all of the previously designated accessible cabins have been converted to AA cabins 😞  You also might want to think through keeping your cabin.  It it right underneath the Liquid Lounge (super noisy).

If there are no FAC's, I'm actually rethinking the entire cruise - how does Carnival get away with not having any FAC's?  This is horribly frustrating - we love sailing out of Carnival (it's our home port), but we need a cabin with a wider entry door...Taking apart my scooter every time I want to come in to the room, is going to be darned frustrating.

And thanks for the heads up on room location - they use the Liquid Lounge late at night as a nightclub, right?

24 minutes ago, cruisinagain1960 said:

If there are no FAC's, I'm actually rethinking the entire cruise - how does Carnival get away with not having any FAC's?  This is horribly frustrating - we love sailing out of Carnival (it's our home port), but we need a cabin with a wider entry door...Taking apart my scooter every time I want to come in to the room, is going to be darned frustrating.

And thanks for the heads up on room location - they use the Liquid Lounge late at night as a nightclub, right?

Obviously, I mean Charleston : )))