Computer Experts FTTF

villagenut

Has anyone tried to use a web change monitoring service to alert you when FTTF becomes available? Did it work? Which did you use? Any info appreciated.

Since FTTF is listed and sold as an excursion on Carnival's Excursions page for your cruise, I'm not sure exactly how a web change monitoring service would help. Regardless of which web service you use, you would still need to be logged into your "Manage My Booking" page on Carnival to see if and when Carnival makes more FTTF's available for your cruise. I think most people simply log into their "Manage My Booking" page, keep the page minimized, and periodically check it throughout the day.

I signed up for a free trial of one web monitor and their software allowed me to get thru the password screen and click on "book excursions". In order to get to the FTTF screen i needed a second click to filter the list. The service i was testing allowed for the first click but not the second. After some research, it appears that these type services monitor i two ways. One is to take a screen shot and compare pixels from the previous shot and determine changes. So that means when "sold out" changes to "Available" the service will notify. The other way is to monitor the code behind the webpage. Most of that is not offered as a free service so i didn't research it much. I am going to try a few more and services and see what happens...

Has anyone tried to use a web change monitoring service to alert you when FTTF becomes available? Did it work? Which did you use? Any info appreciated.

Just check 20x a day like I did. I was able to snag it. Just make it part of your daily routine. Get up—check—shower—check.....Lol! Seriously , though, I was obsessed until I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The few times FTTF hasn't been available at the time I booked, I checked 3 times a day until I eventually was successful.

Early morning (most frequently found it), mid-day, and last thing before bedtime.

Since it is specific to a particular cruise, I am not tech savvy enough to see how an automated check would work.

I am still lamenting the loss of the fare viewer system Carnival formerly offered!

I, too, have been trying to devise ways to get a notification when FTTF is available — great to see someone else thinking about it!

And, as to the person that scoffs at the strong interest in FTTF, I am sailing with a family of 7 (including kids), one of whom has special needs. You better believe I’m willing to fork over extra so that we can get to our rooms and have almost immediate access to the guest service desk.

It added a little. Now I know I’m not the only one that thinks this is flat stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't understand why people have to make comments like that. Carnival also has the Cheers program, Bubbles program, Bingo, Steakhouse, etc. We don't buy any of that because for us, it's a waste of money. That doesn't mean that it's stupid for someone else to buy into any of them. There are many reasons why people think FTTF is worth it. It's no one else's business what people feel is worth while for them. If you don't like FTTF, don't buy it but don't condemn others for buying it.

I like your innovative outside the box thinking. I may not go to your lengths to find FTTF, but I applaud your creativity.

Those who are poo pooing your thinking are probably related to those who poo pooed getting a telephone installed in the house, who needs a car, or even those who didn't need that damn electricity in the house.

Just check 20x a day like I did. I was able to snag it. Just make it part of your daily routine. Get up—check—shower—check.....Lol! Seriously , though, I was obsessed until I got it.

I did that too and it worked! Have a meeting reminder on my work computer lol

Last edited by jma624; Yesterday at 11:27 AM Reason: Spelling

The only thing that sticks out to me here is he spelled "wow" wrong the first time?

Maybe he was originally going to type *** but decided against it....I know that was my first reaction.