NCL Sun - stateroom 0266

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Cabin Selection Tips
Help on how to choose a cabin on a cruise ship.

How To Choose A Cabin from Cruise Critic
Offer up your opinions on selecting the best cabin.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:32 PM.
GA
289 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I posted this on the Norwegian board to no avail - thought I might have better luck here!

I am booked on the Sun in room 0266 (Feb '11 W. Caribbean - can't wait!!!), and I was looking for some info (or even pictures) of either that room or its sister rooms, 0066/9077/9277. What I'd like to know (and can't seem to find despite looking) is 1) is there a room size/balcony size trade-off: smaller room, but bigger balcony and 2) does the balcony have chairs or a lounger (I've heard the regular balcony aft rooms sometimes have loungers because they're longer.

I went back and forth on this room for about a week - I love the idea of the aft location, and I've seen the posts about the downsides like soot and stray napkins. I booked it as a BD, but I noticed after April 23, 2011, it's being called a B1, and is MORE expensive than the BA! I had a chance to save a little money and change to a mid-ship BB, but I was kind of thrilled with the thought of watching the wake behind us...so I kept it as is!
Weston, WV
186 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
My TA suggested sister cabin, 0066. She says the balcony is twice as deep and I seem to recall that there is no trade off for room space. I will double back with her and get back to you.
I, too , would appreciate any photos that are out there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Vision of the Seas Jan 2=11, 2016

Grandeur of the Seas July 2016

NCL Dawn Jan 12=19, 2014

Oasis of the Seas Nov 29-Dec 5, 2014

NCL Sun Jan 6-16, 2013

NCL Sun Jan 1-8, 2011

Enchantment of the Sea
Nov 25-30, 2006
5 Night Western Caribbean

Norwegian Sky