Oosterdam Spa

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:26 PM.
660 Posts
Joined May 2010
Is there a spa access pass available on the Oosterdam? I've bought spa passes on ships from other lines (NCL Breakaway and Epic, Carnival Dream) that include access to their thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool, and I'm hoping that something similar is available on the Oosterdam.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
HAL Oosterdam - Alaska (Hubbard Glacier) 08/27/2017
NCL Epic - East-bound Transatlantic 04/07/2018

Past Cruises:
CCL Dream - W. Caribbean 09/11/2016
NCL Epic - West-bound Transatlantic 10/26/2014
CCL Valor - S. Caribbean 02/02/2014
CCL Ecstasy - Bahamas 11/14/2013
NCL Breakaway - Bermuda 07/28/2013
CCL Breeze - E. Caribbean 03/02/2013
CCL Splendor - Mexican Riviera 03/06/2011
CCL Fascination - Bahamas 11/18/2010
107,572 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
On HAL you have to pay for the thermo pool no matter what cabin category you are in.

Nothing is free on HAL in that area.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Stopped counting a few years ago -- have done over 140 cruises.
660 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by Krazy Kruizers
On HAL you have to pay for the thermo pool no matter what cabin category you are in.

Nothing is free on HAL in that area.
I understand that, as nothing is free on any ship that I know of, when it comes to spa access, lol. I just wasn't sure whether there is an actual spa pass available for purchase, or what amenities would be included, if there is one available. The HAL cruise planner site (we've already purchased the cruise) doesn't mention a pass, so I was wondering if there's one available for purchase once onboard.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
HAL Oosterdam - Alaska (Hubbard Glacier) 08/27/2017
NCL Epic - East-bound Transatlantic 04/07/2018

Past Cruises:
CCL Dream - W. Caribbean 09/11/2016
NCL Epic - West-bound Transatlantic 10/26/2014
CCL Valor - S. Caribbean 02/02/2014
CCL Ecstasy - Bahamas 11/14/2013
NCL Breakaway - Bermuda 07/28/2013
CCL Breeze - E. Caribbean 03/02/2013
CCL Splendor - Mexican Riviera 03/06/2011
CCL Fascination - Bahamas 11/18/2010
Olympia,WA
108 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Yes there is and it is quite wonderful. I would recommend going to the Greenhouse spa after you board the ship (and get settled) for options and specials. It allows you access to the heated loungers, hydro pool, and saunas. All spa services such as facials and massages are extra. It is pricey (around $150 pp for the week) but I used the spa daily so it was worth the splurge for me. Hope you enjoy the spa and the Oosterdam as much as I did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/URL.
Ontario, Canada
4,096 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by lilcruiser55
Are there saunas (steam room)free of charge in the spa on this ship? Separate from the pay areas
There are separate men's and ladies' saunas just outside the main spa area. They are located just as you leave the Lido Pool area to enter the Greenhouse Spa area. They are free and, if the door is locked, you can get the key from the Spa attendants.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Louis

January 2018 - 21-day Koningsdam - Southern Caribbean Seafarer / Wayfarer
March 2018 - 7-day Eurodam - Western Caribbean
September 2018 - 22-day Koningsdam - Iberian Adventures & Mediterranean Dream

HAL 18 cruises Princess 3 cruises NCL 2 cruises
Quilcene, Washington
2,341 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Originally posted by taxmantoo
There are separate men's and ladies' saunas just outside the main spa area. They are located just as you leave the Lido Pool area to enter the Greenhouse Spa area. They are free and, if the door is locked, you can get the key from the Spa attendants.
The free saunas appear to be 2 maybe 3 person saunas- very small
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Frank and Loren
Olympic Peninsula, WA
[email protected]l.com
27 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Thank you guys for your responses, the information was very helpful. I hope they will let me purchase a one day greenhouse spa pass, they normally push to sell the week pass. Which is why it's good to know there's a free steam and sauna room ,even if it's small
27 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
What about showers? Any showers in the spa area free of charge? I'm sharing a cabin with three others, I was hoping to be able to possibly use the spa showers so that we aren't all fighting for cabin bathroom time.
Ontario, Canada
4,096 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by lilcruiser55
What about showers? Any showers in the spa area free of charge? I'm sharing a cabin with three others, I was hoping to be able to possibly use the spa showers so that we aren't all fighting for cabin bathroom time.
The change rooms next to the Gym are not locked, are open free to everyone and have showers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Louis

January 2018 - 21-day Koningsdam - Southern Caribbean Seafarer / Wayfarer
March 2018 - 7-day Eurodam - Western Caribbean
September 2018 - 22-day Koningsdam - Iberian Adventures & Mediterranean Dream

HAL 18 cruises Princess 3 cruises NCL 2 cruises
Port Angeles, Washington
135 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
No, the locker rooms on "O" do not have a connected sauna or steam room. The free men's or women's only saunas are across the way as others have said. Too bad they didn't design the wonderful dressing area in the locker room as a sauna. It has great floor to ceiling windows looking out to the ocean!
Indianapolis, IN USA
1,469 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by ldlewis45
Is there a spa access pass available on the Oosterdam? I've bought spa passes on ships from other lines (NCL Breakaway and Epic, Carnival Dream) that include access to their thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool, and I'm hoping that something similar is available on the Oosterdam.
When in doubt about any onboard service availability and pricing, call HAL Ship Services. Go to the HAL site and click "Help" at top of the home page, then "Customer Service" and you'll get the phone number.