Enrichment Journeys / Sea Explorer--info?

sueswny

There is a company we used last year that will look after your travel from Greenock if you want to go to St Andrews and Edinburgh. It can be done in a day. Gordon at G & S Tours (formerly G & S Cabs) picked us up at the pier, and the drive to st Andrews was about 2 and a bit hours. We spent the morning there, and then drove the 55 miles or so, to Edinburgh to see the Castle, before heading back to the ship. I would recommend contacting him, he's personable, reliable and kept pretty busy.

We just got home today from the 'combo' cruise(all 22 days of the journey from Dublin to Iceland)with Enrichment Journeys. This is a new business adventure for OnlineVacationCenter, their very first experience in chartering a cruise and combining it with pre-post land portions. As with any new product, the first exposure will have its issues. We truly expect the "kinks" that we experienced at the beginning will not happen again with them.(they were all minor from our perspective anyway)

The reason I say this is because the approach the Enrichment Journey's staff used to remedy the issues when brought to their attention was more accommodating and passenger oriented than ANY other cruise line or travel company we have ever had the opportunity to do business with!(we have 40 years of travel behind us) When this company was met with problems/issues, they accepted them as challenges to do better immediately. They could have chosen to make their decisions based on only cost to their company(like most large agencies do), but they chose to put their clients/passengers wants first!(sometimes at quite a financial cost) The reps that traveled with us were great...working behind the scenes to ensure our enjoyment, available for questions, planning/replanning, organizing and always receptive to suggestions/comments/complaints. A long response to your short question, but I think you will enjoy your experience if you go with them:).

Hi, my wife and I were think of taking the Ireland-Scotland cruise package next year and would appreciate if those of you that were on Enrichment Journeys vacation could please provide us (and anyone else thing about using Enrichment Journeys) your feedback?

Jmho was very uncomplimentary, I wonder if the cruise that he took was an anomaly or what you should expect from Enrichment Journeys?

Thanks,

Bob

what did you think of the Enrichment Journeys cruise (the ship, accommodations, food, staff,....)?

Thanks,

Bob

Ship: well-mantained. refurbished. previously Rennaissance small ship. Beautiful.

Cabins: were great, good size too.

Food: Very good. Variety. Chef was better than many larger ships. Buffets at breakfast and lunch with special orders accepted and a daily special. also BBQ lunch.

Staff: Efficient and friendly.

Thanks Sparky, that sounds like a very interesting trip and am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for the feedback,

Bob

No problem. Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer.

We probably won't be doing this until next spring so I doubt if you'll be monitoring this thread next year but you gave us a good comfort level for Enrichment Journeys that we'll probably use them.

Thanks again for your help Sparty,

Bob

• 3 months later...

Trainguyga, we recently got the china , Vietnam, etc info. We are thinking about doing the 2014 fall trip. Would love to get your thoughts on the company and the trip. If you could email hubby and I at concertma@ charter.net. I was raised in Powder Springs and we are now in Greenville SC. :-) Thanks for any info. We are avid cruisers and this offer looked too good to turn down, but I wanted to do some CC homework first since we have never heard of this company before.

• 6 months later...

My wife and I are booked on the Enrichment Journeys cruise tour of Ireland, Scotland and transAtlantic cruise on the Queen Mary 2 on June 15. This is the itinerary.

http://www.enrichmentjourneys.com/ireland-scotland-queen-mary/#itinerary

Thus, far we have been pleased. We got our airfare with sufficient time to gain control of the booking and improve our seating. Very important.

We are interested in their Danube cruise for next year. Has anyone done the Danube cruise with Enrichment Journeys? The 2014 Danube itinerary looks exceptional.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a great trip! We really thought they did a nice job! :)We took the first trip that Enrichment Journeys offered on a chartered ship to many of the islands of Ireland, Scotland, Britain and Iceland. We were very pleased!(and that was their first experience). There were some things to work out as a first offering, but the company went out of there way to not only make adjustments, but to provide additional perks/compensation. They were under the 'umbrella' of OnlineVacationCenter. Cheyney was our travel agent, and Christy was our on-site co-ordinator(an administrator with the company) We would take another trip with them, but have not found the right itinerary yet. We found both OVC and Enrichment Journeys very conscientious. Enjoy. (I just checked back here to see if Boblink had posted again with a trip. Glad I did...I'll check again later to see if anyone has questions maybe I could help with)

QUOTE=yellowjacketborn;42404155]My wife and I are booked on the Enrichment Journeys cruise tour of Ireland, Scotland and transAtlantic cruise on the Queen Mary 2 on June 15. This is the itinerary.

http://www.enrichmentjourneys.com/ireland-scotland-queen-mary/#itinerary

Thus, far we have been pleased. We got our airfare with sufficient time to gain control of the booking and improve our seating. Very important.

We are interested in their Danube cruise for next year. Has anyone done the Danube cruise with Enrichment Journeys? The 2014 Danube itinerary looks exceptional.

• 3 months later...

We just returned from a combination land Tour of Ireland (4 days) and Scotland (4 days) with a six day return on the Queen Mary 2 in July 2014. We were very happy with Enrichment Journeys.

The land tour was excellent. The guide, Erwin, an Irishman, was very articulate and knowledgeable. We stayed at 4 star hotels. They even tweaked the itinerary so we were in Limerick for the first two days rather than Dublin. This worked out very well since we were visiting the Cliffs of Mohr on the west coast. The drive from Limerick was much closer than Dublin. Good call, Enrichment Journeys.

We were in Glasglow for the Scottish leg of the land tour. Declan, our bus driver was adept at negotiating tight situatiosn. On the last day, Enrichment Journeys treated us to a free dinner for the group with complimentary wine as well. The food was good and it was a good way for us to say good bye to Declan and Erwin as well as our time as a group.

We enjoyed all of the excursions on the land tour phase. It was an ambitious excursion itinerary and at times I felt it was too ambitious. But you can't fault Enrichment Journeys for trying to pack the value into the activity.

Upon boarding the Queen Mary 2, we all went our separate ways except for occasional hallway greetings. Regarding the Queen Mary 2, what can you say? She is an elegant grand lady and Cunard does a great job. The cabin was spacious for the price and the food in the main dining room was the best 'main dining room' food I have encountered in my cruising experience (Norwegian, Holland America, and Celebrity). A couple of the wines in the package I chose were not very good, but I have to accept some of that responsibility.

Since it was a bundle of air, land excursions, hotel, transfers, and cruise, my wife and I found it to be an excellent value, so much so that we have booked Enrichment Journeys land tour/river cruise of the Danube next year. Here is the link:

http://www.enrichmentjourneys.com/castles-capitals-danube/

Wow! What an itinerary!

Was everything perfect? No. My wife and I encountered three glitches, but Enrichment Journeys worked with us and resolved the issues to our satisfaction.

It was one of our best travel experiences ever. And I got to watch the much of the World Cup on the QM2. What a treat!

Edited by yellowjacketborn