How do you carry your cruise card?

GoldieJ

Mine goes in my wallet. Not a lanyard fan although I understand why many people are. I believe they will punch a hole for you at the front desk (vaguely recall that this might not be the case on Koningsdam with new card technology but someone else would have to confirm/dispute that).

Can you still punch a hole in the room cards?

As long as they are not the new more sophisticated electronic ones issued on Konigsdam (etc), you can still get them punched. Always have mine punched on all older HAL ship cruises. I get it punched first thing at the front desk and put it on a wrist coil.

I bought a lanyard for my next cruise...
We find it very freeing to not have to carry wallets and such.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

In the evenings I carry a small purse on a strap to hold my cruise card and just a couple of small items... most of my evening clothes don't have pockets, and I don't like to wear the lanyard to dinner. Otherwise I use the lanyard during the day. m--

My view is that those folks who sport their cards on a lanyard are into something where I don't want to mention here.

My card goes in my pocket. Just like my pen and lip gloss and a couple of dollars for those who deserve it.

Jim

Since I carry a pair of glasses, lipgloss and hanky anyway, I just put the card in my little purse......or if I'm taking a book/journal/pen/sunglasses/daily planner/hat/jacket, I carry a small tote. In the evening, it's just a small purse. I think a lanyard around my neck would drive me crazy. At work I clipped my ID to a lapel or pocket flap.

I didn't think that I would be someone who would wear a lanyard. But I took everyone's advice and have used them on our past two cruises, and plan to wear it on our upcoming cruise in March. My husband, son and I all wear them and find them to be incredibly convenient. Everything is tied to your room card, so I have that along with my driver's license (so we can get back on the ship) and a credit card (if we're going into port). It's been especially great for my 10 year old to have a lanyard -- the room card is with him at all times and no chance of it getting lost. I do use a small clutch for nicer dinners and leave the lanyard in the room in the evenings, but otherwise you'll see us with them on. For reference, I wear a Vera Bradley lanyard with matching ID Case. My husband uses a super plain black 'leather' one, and my son is just old enough where he's aged out of the fun Star Wars or Ninja Turtles ones, so I've gotten him one similar to my husband's, but in blue.

Link to Vera Bradley Lanyard (similar style to mine): https://smile.amazon.com/Vera-Bradley-Lanyard-Tutti-Frutti/dp/B00FPC1V42/ref=pd_sim_309_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00FPC1V42&pd_rd_r=B8KV2SYDPXXNG45VJWYH&pd_rd_w=GLj9F&pd_rd_wg=NnQ3K&psc=1&refRID=B8KV2SYDPXXNG45VJWYH

Link to my husband's lanyard: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B015PAYR1C/ref=sxr_rr_xsim_4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3008523062&pd_rd_wg=lWN3I&pf_rd_r=1QC3011WA3R75B9Y0ZG9&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhs-carousels&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B015PAYR1C&pd_rd_w=Shzjz&pf_rd_i=black+lanyard+with+id+holder&pd_rd_r=b3c9ea81-f3ca-4263-b123-3251a0e9c2c7&ie=UTF8&qid=1515971107&sr=4

Link to my son's lanyard: https://smile.amazon.com/Bird-Fiy-Vertical-Leather-Lanyard/dp/B01CGQA852/ref=sr_1_4?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1515971107&sr=1-4&keywords=black%2Blanyard%2Bwith%2Bid%2Bholder&th=1

I tried using a lanyard, but found it dropped into my salad, my soup, my - you get the picture. I moved over to a retractable badge reel and love it. I clip it on to my pocket or waistband and my card is always handy. When we go on shore, I tuck the card inside the pocket and it's out of sight, but available when I return to the ship.

https://www.staples.ca/en/avery-retractable-reel-clips-30-12-pack-74711/product_962754_1-CA_1_20001

The link is for a pack of 12, but I bought one at the dollar store that works just fine.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

The problem with keeping it loose in a pocket/in a bag is that(for me when it's in my bag it's been close enough to my camera to get demagentised .

A lanyard is going to solve a lot of those problems for me.As for it getting in food, etc. just tuck it into my shirt/dress, etc. Easy peasy.