Taxi Tour Questions

vavasmom

When we (party of 3 adults) visit Aruba in March (Navigator of the Seas March 8th port ties 7am - 6pm) we would like to do a tour (thinking a Taxi tour for flexibility) and then be dropped off at a Beach (thinking Eagle). We would then grab a cab back to the port when ready to go back. Please provide feedback/ideas to help me refine this plan

We want to see the the Casibari rock formations, Alto Vista Chapel, Natural Bridge, and the Light House - is that realistic in 3 hours?

My research is that the taxi is $45 per hour (plus tip)

Any recommendations on how to book in advance of our arrival? The posts I found about Bully are multiple years old. There are a few recent but they don't have contact information.

I assume a taxi back from Eagle will be easy to obtain around 3 in the afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in Aruba a few days before you and want to do the exact same thing as you. Three hours touring, then go to the beach. Have you made any arrangements yet?

The best option I have found so far is EL Tours - Aruba Highlights Tour. This is a bus tour which stops at the four places on your list, plus the Aloe Vera factory. The tour leaves at 8:30 AM and finishes at noon, and is $39 per person. The only downside is then you need transportation to the beach at the end of the tour.

You book online in advance, and pay when you book.

Just to clarify, the natural bridge in Aruba is no longer there - it collapsed in 2005. We were very fortunate to have been there and seen it prior its collapse and then again a couple of years later when it was gone. Very interesting and at the same time very sad. But imagine for all the millennia that it stood, we were able to see it both before and after.

BTW, both times we visited it, we rented our own 4x4 and toured Aruba on our own on the off road beach including all the spots you mention. Easily done.

Just to clarify, the natural bridge in Aruba is no longer there - it collapsed in 2005. We were very fortunate to have been there and seen it prior its collapse and then again a couple of years later when it was gone. Very interesting and at the same time very sad. But imagine for all the millennia that it stood, we were able to see it both before and after.

BTW, both times we visited it, we rented our own 4x4 and toured Aruba on our own on the off road beach including all the spots you mention. Easily done.

Most tours go to another area with three smaller bridges now. You can still see where the original natural bridge collapsed. It is very sad.