Allegro all-inclusive Resort

camtran

Has anyone tried the Allegro All-Inclusive Day Pass booked through Cozumel Cruise Excursions? Are they reliable? If you have been what is your opinion? Is it family friendly?Would you go back? There will be 6 adults and 5 kids (14, 12, 11, 5, and 2). We will be there in July and are trying to find an all-inclusive that isn't crowded that we would all enjoy.

Thank you for your help!

Brenda

Edited by camtran

Has anyone tried the Allegro All-Inclusive Day Pass booked through Cozumel Cruise Excursions? Are they reliable? If you have been what is your opinion? Is it family friendly?Would you go back? There will be 6 adults and 5 kids (14, 12, 11, 5, and 2). We will be there in July and are trying to find an all-inclusive that isn't crowded that we would all enjoy.

Thank you for your help!

Brenda

We have been for a day pass. Booking was fine, paid deposit in advance and balance direct on the day.

The day we went the weather was very cold and windy so not a beach or pool day. Unfortunately the kiddie pool (the main reason we chose it) was closed for maintenance but since the weather was so bad it didn't matter - had it been good it would have been a disappointment but it is one of those things that can happen anywhere. Because of the weather I cannot give a proper review of facilities and it was a few years ago.

The food was average buffet style as I recall. Drinks and service were good. We have also stayed at Occidental (almost next door). I would say food and drinks were better at Occidental but it is more suited to adults. I think your younger ones would have more to do at Allegra. The 5 year old could probably go to kids club, not sure about activities for teens.

We chose it because we had a 2 year old grand child and wanted a quieter splash ground than Playa Mia. I haven't been to Playa Mia but there may be more to do there for your age range but I have no idea how busy it gets in July, although there are a lot less ships at that time of year.

It really depends on what activities you are looking for, for the kids

Since we went to Allegra and Occidental both have been bought out by Barceló so I have no experience with current policies.