What is your all time favorite ship that no longer exists?

What is your all time favorite ship that doesn't exist today??

My 1st of over 50 cruises was 40 years ago, so many of the ships are no longer sailing, but to pick one it would have to be SS Norway which I cruised 7 times in 80's and 90's including my honeymoon in 1991, was the largest cruise ship when I 1st sailed her and now would be small or mid-sized at 75,000 tons or so

• 3 weeks later...
TSS Fairsea (Sitmar) / Fair Princess (Princess).

I think She was melted down for razor blades - - elegant lady She was!

Loved that ship and her sister the Fairwind./became the first Dawn Princess. I remember the Fairsea sailaway with Bobby McFarrin singing "Don't Worry, Be Happy" which set just the right tone for the cruise. It was the recording, of course, because sailaway was at 1:00am from San Juan and not too many people stayed up that late. At least on the Fair Sea we had a live band playing the Love Boat theme as we sailed away from Long Beach, CA in the late afternoon.

Rotterdam V is my favorite.

Royal Viking Sky shares many fond memories for many different reasons with S. S. Montery of Pacific Far East Lines (she was a former Matson ship) as a number 2. Both are drastically different ships with quite different cruise experiences. Both were "gems" in their own right.

Seabreeze..............She had a cabin for 1. Back then I would call my favorite TA and ask her when that cabin was available. Then I would sign up for my vacations. It was $199.00 for a 7 day cruise.

2nd is the SS Norway. Cruised her in the 80's. The balcony cabins had a curtain you could use to divide the bed from the "living" room.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So hard to choose just one. Meridian. Our cabin attendants on last X cruise were both onboard when she sank. All aboard were rescued.

Regal Empress.

SeaBreeze, OceanBreeze, IslandBreeze, Rembrandt.

Norway.

Caronia.

All wonderful.

Sigh.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...