Are they crazy with these prices??

champagne123

I am not one to complain about cruise pricing in general as I usually always end up with a good deal. But, I am looking at a few sailings for the fall of 2019 and they are crazy! I am sure, well, at least hoping, these prices will drop. If not, I can no longer afford to cruise. I see what you mean about the Edge ... crazy is right!!

Money is not a problem, at least to us, the value you receive for the product must be inline with the cost. The pricing listed is not even close to the value you receive. The way things are now, that could be said about 90% of the cruises offered. You can complain, and still pay, or sit back and see if it changes, like some of us. If it doesn’t change, no big deal.

I imagine the people who booked the Edge when it first came out, hoping to get on the maiden voyages, can’t be too happy.

I wonder how the folks who booked the "Original Inaugural Cruise" December 16, feel about the "New Inaugural 7 day Cruise", December 9?

I think there are going to be some unhappy campers there.

"Thanks to the amazing work of the STX France shipyard team, the industry-changing Celebrity Edge is now scheduled to arrive much earlier than anticipated, which gave us the opportunity to offer not one, but two maiden voyages," said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises in a news release.

Two maiden voyages!

You can't make this stuff up!

Edited by bookitdanno
additional information

I wonder how the folks who booked the "Original Inaugural Cruise" December 16, feel about the "New Inaugural 7 day Cruise", December 9?

"Thanks to the amazing work of the STX France shipyard team, the industry-changing Celebrity Edge is now scheduled to arrive much earlier than anticipated, which gave us the opportunity to offer not one, but two maiden voyages," said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises in a news release.

Two maiden voyages!

They can move it...

Two maiden voyages!

Bookitdanno,

I was on December 16 and had a chance to change to the 9th. Actually, the 9th did work better for us and I had previously booked the 16th during the first hour, but since I am also on the TA in April with a fantastic suite, price and deck, I decided to cancel and put my refund on that cruise. I am very happy and hope those who moved or booked are happy too!:cool: I was just not interested in Mexican ports and my DH felt exactly the same...my interest in inaugurals is on hold for now! However, I am excited to see photos and hear about experiences on the new Edge!

We booked the Edge in March 2017. 7 nights Western Caribbean in a S1 for $3000 pp for March 2019. I just looked at the prices for same cruise in Dec 2018 for $4500 pp. Yes prices seem a little high, but you cant take your money with you.

I booked the first and second 3 night preview sailings (at least they are the first and second ones today ;)) with the idea that this would be a unique experience. We have never done an inaugural cruise so the excitement and discovery of an unknown ship will be worth the extra cost for us, I think.

We booked an aft S1 for the first leg so can explore The Retreat and all that has to offer and booked AQ for the second leg to experience the infinite balcony and enjoy the AQ experience on this ship (hopefully will have Blu and Persian Garden or something equivalent or better).

LLP's description of the preview cruises and the 2 maiden voyage cruises:

"Both of these maiden voyages, plus the taste of luxury preview sailings, will have all of the festivities one would expect from the launch of such a revolutionary new ship, and now even more guests will have the chance to experience these one-of-a-kind inaugural sailings."

We are not expecting perfection because they will need to work out the kinks and will have low expectations about "all the festivities", but plan to kick back and enjoy the ride. :D

I booked the first and second 3 night preview sailings (at least they are the first and second ones today ;)) with the idea that this would be a unique experience. We have never done an inaugural cruise so the excitement and discovery of an unknown ship will be worth the extra cost for us, I think.

We booked an aft S1 for the first leg so can explore The Retreat and all that has to offer and booked AQ for the second leg to experience the infinite balcony and enjoy the AQ experience on this ship (hopefully will have Blu and Persian Garden or something equivalent or better).

LLP's description of the preview cruises and the 2 maiden voyage cruises:

"Both of these maiden voyages, plus the taste of luxury preview sailings, will have all of the festivities one would expect from the launch of such a revolutionary new ship, and now even more guests will have the chance to experience these one-of-a-kind inaugural sailings."

We are not expecting perfection because they will need to work out the kinks and will have low expectations about "all the festivities", but plan to kick back and enjoy the ride. :D

I was looking at the Edge cruises and can't see Blu mentioned in the inclusions etc. Is Blu going to be on The Edge?

I was looking at the Edge cruises and can't see Blu mentioned in the inclusions etc. Is Blu going to be on The Edge?

I'm not sure, but if you look at the description of the AQ category for Edge, it says:

"The ultimate in spa-inspired experiences, these staterooms are designed to indulge at every turn. From the Infinite VerandaSM that takes the whole room right to the water’s edge to Blu, the exclusive restaurant featuring favorite dishes reimagined with a healthier twist. Nestled close to the spa, where you have complimentary access to The Persian Garden and The Relaxation Room, along with a dedicated Spa Concierge who’ll be happy to make reservations for you—or create a whole spa regimen for you to follow during your cruise."

Sure is a nice ship. But with so many other cruise choices, I'm in no hurry to try Edge at the price it costs to be among the first. I'm very content to wait a couple more years. With many new ships coming soon and the inevitable recession hitting eventually, the bargains will be there in time.

I'm not sure, but if you look at the description of the AQ category for Edge, it says:

"The ultimate in spa-inspired experiences, these staterooms are designed to indulge at every turn. From the Infinite VerandaSM that takes the whole room right to the water’s edge to Blu, the exclusive restaurant featuring favorite dishes reimagined with a healthier twist. Nestled close to the spa, where you have complimentary access to The Persian Garden and The Relaxation Room, along with a dedicated Spa Concierge who’ll be happy to make reservations for you—or create a whole spa regimen for you to follow during your cruise."

Typical Celebrity website!!

I started a booking and it showed 6pm traditional dining as being the only option rather than anytime. I also got this as the description.

AquaClass® Staterooms

• Grohe® spa shower, aromatherapy diffuser
  • Expanded room service breakfast menu
  • Pillow menu to customize your night’s sleep
  • Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room
  • Pillow menu
  • Plush bathrobes
  • On-demand wellness programming
  • Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm
  • Slippers

Typical Celebrity website!!

I started a booking and it showed 6pm traditional dining as being the only option rather than anytime. I also got this as the description.

AquaClass® Staterooms

• Grohe® spa shower, aromatherapy diffuser
  • Expanded room service breakfast menu
  • Pillow menu to customize your night’s sleep
  • Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room
  • Pillow menu
  • Plush bathrobes
  • On-demand wellness programming
  • Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm
  • Slippers

That's why I said that I wasn't sure - the website doesn't always match the experience. Hopefully will have a small dining venue of some sort for AQ. :D