Back to Back cruises with stops in Barcelona & Civitavecchia

barnhand

Looking for advice. In Oct we are going Athens to Lisbon with stops in the above ports to allow to depart and arrive of passengers for the next leg of the trip. Has anyone ever booked a tour especially to Rome that will get you back to ship by 4. I think we arrive a 8 Barcelona we can probably catch the hop on and off bus thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most likely the ship will offer a tour for those staying on. If I remember correctly it will be combined with dropping passengers leaving at their hotel, doing a driving tour, and then returning late in the day. We booked a private tour in Rome with pickup and return to ship but I got sick and had to cancel. I would recommend Tours By Locals as they have a guarantee to get you back to ship on time and also honored our cancellation insurance as we notified them the day before. Otherwise Trip Advisor had some good guides listed. Remember it's a good drive back and forth, lots of traffic so take it all into consideration.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SB44 is correct Rome traffic is awful. We have used Rome Cabs for drivers and guides. They were great. I would research and perhaps there is an interesting place to go on the outskirts of Rome with a great non touristy restaurant. Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

For Barcelona, we found that there was often a line for the hoho bus long enough that it took two or three busses to get to the head of the line. And we we're there on the first Windstar cruise in spring, not peak summer.

It wasn't a time efficient method of travel and we ended up switching to taxis.

If you want to see Park Guell or Sagrada Familia, you should get tickets on line ahead of time as times sell out.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...