Sunwing vacation cruise

You are asking this question on the Marella ex Thomson board and I would think most of the readers/posters are British and will therefore not have used Sunwing flights from Toronto to Montego Bay to go on a Marella cruise. There have been Canadian posters but it was a couple of years ago when the cruises first started. can I suggest you do a search 'Sunwing' and see if you can find a Canadian by name and then search if they are posting on other boards and ask them the question

Cuban Fusion is a fabulous cruise I've done it 3 times and will be doing it again in April and then the Transatlantic repositioning cruise back to Blighty

Good Luck

HI this is a Marelia cruise (formerly Thomson vacations) on Discovery 2 Cuban fusion April 3/18. The Canadian travel supplier this cruise is booked thru is Sunwing Vacations/Airlines. I was hoping there was a Canadian traveller who is also doing this cruise thru Sunwing and has used them before could answer my question.

I will try and repost on another site.

Thanks

Hi addicted cruiser

I have searched the old posts and have found a Canadian contributor who has cruised on Thomson Dream to Cuba and is also cruising on Discovery 2 next April

I have posted a message on Norwegian cruise lines board asking them to look at your post and reply to you

Hopefully this works The posters name is 'retiring soon'.

As well as NCL they have cruised with Celebrity too

Good luck

It would appear retiring soon went on a cruise on 14th Oct NCL and another on on 22nd October Carnival so it maybe a while before you get a reply
Hi all!

I'm sitting waiting to disembark Conquest.

I did do Thomson Dream Pride of Panama Feb 2016 & will do it again on Discovery 2 in Feb. With Sunwing.

There were no problems that I recall & we liked it so much we would have done it again last Feb. but Sunwing didn't offer it 'til Sept & by then we had already booked another trip.

It's an even better deal this time with drinks included!

Hope this helps.

Jo

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app

Hi Jo thanks so much for replying so promptly and hopefully addicted cruiser will note your info

Have a great cruise - hope the weathers good

We are on Discovery 2 for Cuban Fusion which we've done 3 times in April

we've also done Pride of Panama twice and loved it

Hi Jo thanks so much for replying so promptly and hopefully addicted cruiser will note your info

Have a great cruise - hope the weathers good

We are on Discovery 2 for Cuban Fusion which we've done 3 times in April

we've also done Pride of Panama twice and loved it

Hi Vitalsign

i see you have cruised the pride of panama twice, could you please tell me little about the port,s of call i am aiming to book this for march 2019 with a stay in Jamaica first thank,s in advance P.S is the weather pretty settled that far south thank you.

Hi So'ton Saint

Without looking back a couple of years I hope this helps

Limon Costa Rica - we got a taxi in the port and went on a canal trip in a small boat organised by the driver who waited for us and took us back to the port There is a Thomson trip in a much larger boat We saw small alligators, sloths, emerald green iguanas and loads of birds very good

Another time we just walked around the port market

Colon Panama we have done the Thomson canal trip by boat twice - fabulous There are two boats would recommend the wide low one as you get a real feel of the size when in the locks The other boat is more like a pleasure boat with two decks There is a railway trip which i heard was good too I would not organise your own trip here It takes 1.5 hrs to get back to Colon from Panama City and on our last trip we were very late getting back but of course the boat waited for us

Cartegna- Colombia - first time we walked all round the fort and then into town but it was very tiring The second time we got a taxi - lovely town

Sorry haven't been to Santa Marta so can't help there we went to Belize

The weather is very warm if not always sunny and yes you can get heavy rain showers but it's well worth it imo We were there both times in Feb so maybe less rain in March Check on line for weather conditions in each port that month

Hope this helps

Hi So'ton Saint

Without looking back a couple of years I hope this helps

Limon Costa Rica - we got a taxi in the port and went on a canal trip in a small boat organised by the driver who waited for us and took us back to the port There is a Thomson trip in a much larger boat We saw small alligators, sloths, emerald green iguanas and loads of birds very good

Another time we just walked around the port market

Colon Panama we have done the Thomson canal trip by boat twice - fabulous There are two boats would recommend the wide low one as you get a real feel of the size when in the locks The other boat is more like a pleasure boat with two decks There is a railway trip which i heard was good too I would not organise your own trip here It takes 1.5 hrs to get back to Colon from Panama City and on our last trip we were very late getting back but of course the boat waited for us

Cartegna- Colombia - first time we walked all round the fort and then into town but it was very tiring The second time we got a taxi - lovely town

Sorry haven't been to Santa Marta so can't help there we went to Belize

The weather is very warm if not always sunny and yes you can get heavy rain showers but it's well worth it imo We were there both times in Feb so maybe less rain in March Check on line for weather conditions in each port that month

Hope this helps

Hi vitalsign

thank,s for coming back so early, very helpful we also did Belize and cozumel ect.on the dream in 2015 the weather then was very good but very choppy coming back to Jamaica, we are doing the seven shore,s in march 2018 up as far as San Juan hoping for a meet up with P.C. thanks again . Howard

Glad to read this as I'm considering booking Sunwing for the Pride of Panama.

Do you know when Sunwing will have the 2019 cruised available?

Thanks!

Hello Mrs Oz

have just found sunwing cruise,s flight,s from Toronto to Jamaica for up to April 2018 only you have a choice with MARELLA CRUISES or M.S.C an Italian company .

We will fly Sunwing from Toronto to Montego Bay on January 16th for a destination wedding. Being retired, we schemed about forfeiting the return flight back to Toronto (January 23rd) and heading over to Florida to pick up a cruise or stay on the beach for an extra week.

While scouring cruise travel sites for any opportunity, I noticed a Sunwing ad in the Toronto Star - for the Marella Discovery 2 and coincidentally sailing on January 23rd from Montego Bay. It's taken the full three weeks to get it booked but Sunwing finally extended our paid-for return flight to January 30th. We've just now paid for the cruise only portion.

The difficult part is that the destination wedding is a group booking and every extra transaction MUST go through the group leader (in this case, the bride) and her Sunwing group coordinator. It's a terrible system and by now I'm sure the bride hates me.

Glad to read this as I'm considering booking Sunwing for the Pride of Panama.

Do you know when Sunwing will have the 2019 cruised available?

Thanks!

Hi Mrs Oz

have booked my march 2019 cruise already Pride of Panama with a stay at the hotel Royal Decameron (Cornwall Beach) Mo Bay, the cruise,s were released two week,s early normally mid November, the reason i book early is for the cabin i would prefer this time mid ship,s deck six next to the coffee shop number balc cabin 6558 . I do hope you can pick a cruise on Discovery 2 if she is any thing like Discovery 1 a very nice ship you will be very pleased this year we are doing seven shore,s from Barbados up as far as San Juan.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all!

Wefewee ~ looks like you're going first so it'll be interesting to hear how you made out. Hope all your plans are coming together without too much aggravation.

VitalSign~ I did go to Santa Marta on our Thomson cruise & chose the "History,Gold & Colour of Santa Marta". This time I'll do "The WIld Beauty of Tayrona National Park" if it's available. Our boat through the 2 locks was also late by almost 3 hours!

Nice to see Canadians from all across the country here.:D Last time there was only about 40 of us on the bus.

We were the 1st booking these Sunwing cruises that our TA ever had. We were also her first doing the Cuba cruise. She's learning a lot with us as her clients.;)

I'm down to double digits now & so looking forward to the cruise.

~ Jo ~ :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Jo!

Looks like you might be near Kingston, Ontario?

We're ex of Pickering, Ontario and this past Summer retired to Lunenburg, NS to be close to the Grandkids.

I suspect that when our week at the Hotel in Jamaica is over, we'll have to travel on the Sunwing bus back to the airport with the rest of the gang and then pick up the bus from the airport to the cruise port.

Hi all!

Wefewee ~ yes, about an hour & a half west of Kingston. We're outside of Picton where we moved from Toronto, East York in fact. Lunenburg is a lovely place, we stopped there on a trip to the Maritimes. Our DD just moved from Fredericton to St John's NL but neither of our DDs has kids so we'll stay here.;)

Lucky you only a month away from your vacation!

Will you come back & let us know how the cruise was please?

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~:)

Hi all!

Wefewee ~ yes, about an hour & a half west of Kingston. We're outside of Picton where we moved from Toronto, East York in fact. Lunenburg is a lovely place, we stopped there on a trip to the Maritimes. Our DD just moved from Fredericton to St John's NL but neither of our DDs has kids so we'll stay here.;)

Lucky you only a month away from your vacation!

Will you come back & let us know how the cruise was please?

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~:)

Yes, Jo I will indeed report back!

We are veterans of attending to your neighbourhood in The County - Our favourites are Angeline's in Bloomfield, The Waring House and Lake On The Mountain.

And yes, we head to Jamaica one month from today - good thing as we're getting our first dose of Maritime snow today!