The Lea's go Cruising on Queen Elizabeth to the Canaries

Tangoqueen

Tangoqueen,

Just started reading your post today of your 2016 Canary Island cruise on the QE but it appears you have left us hanging...could not find your posting of the last day and disembarkation. Even checked out your blog but no luck. Is a recap of your last day available. Your writing is excellent and really transports one to the voyage.

Thanks

Harold

Tangoqueen,

Just started reading your post today of your 2016 Canary Island cruise on the QE but it appears you have left us hanging...could not find your posting of the last day and disembarkation. Even checked out your blog but no luck. Is a recap of your last day available. Your writing is excellent and really transports one to the voyage.

Thanks

Harold

Thank you for your kind words Harold, I’ve just had a look back through my blog but unfortunately it does suddenly finish. I enjoy writing the blog but never seem to follow it through to the very end. I think I probably run out of internet time towards the end of the Voyage and as soon as I get home life overtakes me and never get chance to finish the tale off and of course depression sets in as the holiday has finished.

I do look at each new cruise as an adventure and enjoy writing about it so its nice to hear that someone has enjoyed reading it, perhaps this will spur me on in the future.

All I can say is we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and we have just returned from a repeat one to the Canaries and planning another for next year.

https://lindalea1.blogspot.co.uk

Harold, I’ve just reposted below with updates of the last few days.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Tangoqueen
additional info

Thank you for your kind words Harold, I’ve just had a look back through my blog but unfortunately it does suddenly finish. I enjoy writing the blog but never seem to follow it through to the very end. I think I probably run out of internet time towards the end of the Voyage and as soon as I get home life overtakes me and never get chance to finish the tale off and of course depression sets in as the holiday has finished.

I do look at each new cruise as an adventure and enjoy writing about it so its nice to hear that someone has enjoyed reading it, perhaps this will spur me on in the future.

All I can say is we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and we have just returned from a repeat one to the Canaries and planning another for next year.

https://lindalea1.blogspot.co.uk

NB. Harold, I’ve just had a further look through my notes and found a draft of the last few days which were never completed........here you are:

Wednesday 16th November 2016

Lisbon

Started the day slightly earlier to watch the sail in to Lisbon which was nice. Had a quick breakfast in the Lido buffet for the first time - best part was freshly prepared omelettes to order.

It was our first time in Lisbon so decided to use the hop on hop off bus to get an overview. There'll be chances in the future to plan our visit more carefully. Although it was a nice enough day it felt quite cool on the open topped bus and felt underdressed for the conditions. It's a good way to see the area but we've had better experiences on hoho buses and didn't think much of the commentary.

At the end of the trip we went for a drink and wifi in a cafe and enjoyed an hour of sunshine. Angela Rippon sat on a nearby table.

After getting back onboard for a late lunch of hotdogs in the Lido deck we sunbathed for a while to get the last of the sunshine but wasn't that warm. We watched the sun go down over the 25th of April Bridge which was lovely.

Sea Days Thursday 17th and Friday 18th November

We went to the Captains talk in the theatre which was a virtual tour of the bridge at 10am. It was an excellent talk and the Captain is one of our favourites both extremely professional but also has a lovely sense of humour and fun. Angela Rippons talk followed on so we stayed for this too.

We strolled quite a few laps on the promenade deck and as we were wrapped up well it was v refreshing.

We had lunch in the Golden Lion and the food was up to its usual excellent standard - and the staff in their are amongst the best onboard.

Thanks Tangoqueen.

My wife and I took our first ever cruise this past May and it was a TA on the QM2 (Lessons learned by a newbie). It so exceeded all of our exceptions. We are now planning a second cruise for 2019 and had only considered either the QM2 or the QV but your posting has us adding the QE to the list.

Harold

Parking at the terminal worked really well - just don't depend on your satnav but follow the road signs. We pulled up right outside the Terminal, luggage taken off us and handed car keys to a lady who gave us a receipt and off we went.

Checking in was swift and uneventful with barely no queues. Straight onboard and to our Inside Deluxe Cabin on Deck 1. The cabin was quite spacious with a large sofa and armchair and a bottle of bubbly. Quick explore of the ship and bite to eat in the Lido Buffet, I had a salad with trout and 2 cakes and David had boiled egg, cheese, ham and cheese butty, chips and minute steak and 2 cakes.

A bit more of an explore and back to the cabin to find cases delivered and now unpacked.

Next is the safety drill before we depart for Madeira on Friday.

David's going to the gym to work off his lunch before dinner and I'm going to have a snooze. Looking forward to G&T time at about 6 followed by the first of many cocktails of the day and a quick dance in the ballroom before dinner at 8.30pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hI, what company did you use for your car parking? Thanks

hI, what company did you use for your car parking? Thanks

Hi Worldly Wanderer, we used CPS, they may be a little more expensive than some but it was very convenient and fabulous service. Here’s the link to the Cunard info page

https://ask.cunard.com/help/before-you-sail/parking_southampton

And this is their website

http://www.cruiseparking.co.uk