Captain's Voice from the Bridge, Can people be quie for ten minutes??

sail7seas

Bolding is mine..

Hmmmmm.., is the term 'rocket surgery' a new hybrid metaphor derived from combining 'rocket science' and 'brain surgery' by chance? LoL..:)

Lol! My nephew is in college to be a rocket scientist. His goal? To perform surgery on rockets.. fix the engineering issues on a malfunctioning rocket.

Personally I wish he would’ve picked cruise ship engineering!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember one cruise when the Captain had to come on the intercom during the life boat/safety drill. The Cruise Director had no luck in getting folks quiet, so the skipper became quite stern ... obviously irritated that chitter-chatter was still going on while roll was being taken and instructions given.

Other ideas to get the Captain's message out there: Semaphore? Sign language?smoke signals? ��

What do the deaf do? If there's no workaround solution for them to hear it, then there's no hope for those who won't choose a solution so they CAN hear it. In fact, there's no hope. I'd stop sailing. ;p

OK, since you bravely risked putting your foot in it, I’ll join you. Are posts like these really intended to find a solution or just a way of having something to write?

I think that applies to the thread itself. However, solutions have been offered, recognising that you cannot change everyone around you. Those solutions have been shot down. So what is your suggestion?

I think the same could be said of many threads on CC. It also seems as soon as the op starts ANY thread put downs from 4 or 5 of the same posters (not you) quickly follow, over and over, saying the same thing. I'd hate to go through life being that miserable.

THANK you for noticing and saying so. :) I have observed similar.

Went on the island escape and one of the best times of the day was at the captains speech in the evening when the whole ship fell silent because of his story’s From his use of sailing on the high seas from being shipped wrecked to Pirates absolutely hilarious always got a round of applause

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If the "solution" to not being able to hear what one wants to hear is to go somewhere else, would the "solution" to food deemed unsatisfactory in the MDR be to eat somewhere else?

:confused:

Yes. If I found the dining room to be not to my liking I'd go to the Lido Market or the Pinnacle Grill. If none of them met my expectations, I'd choose another cruise line ... or just stick to land-based vacations and restaurants.

Yes. If I found the dining room to be not to my liking I'd go to the Lido Market or the Pinnacle Grill. If none of them met my expectations, I'd choose another cruise line ... or just stick to land-based vacations and restaurants.

I see. Now, would you ever comment on CC about unsatisfactory food? Lots of people do that. What's the purpose of such complaining, if a "solution" is at hand?

Captains daily announcements are broadcast in public areas only, not in staterooms. Only announcements in a stateroom are those of an emergency nature, at least that’s our past experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

put your cabin TV on to the bridge cam channel (or one of the others - ask onboard for the channel number).. Announcements can indeed be heard in the cabin

put your cabin TV on to the bridge cam channel (or one of the others - ask onboard for the channel number).. Announcements can indeed be heard in the cabin

I don't know about the rest of the HAL fleet, but announcements were not able to be heard in the staterooms on Koningsdam....including on the bridge cam channel.

Perhaps you would like to list the ships where you can do this for the captain's noon time announcements, because of the ones I have been on that simply does not work. As has been noted by several posters in this thread.

Not all ships have Lido Market, MDR is not open every day for lunch nor is Pinnacle.

Not all ships have Lido Market, MDR is not open every day for lunch nor is Pinnacle.

A sampling of dining options available on various HAL ships, depending on specific ship of course..

MDR

PG

Canaletto

Tamarind

Sel de Mer

Lido Market

Dive-in

NY Pizza

In Room Dining

There is no shortage of alternative dining options if the MDR is not to one's liking for some reason.

Where is it hidden on Veendam?: I never saw it. : :D Where did You find it?

Lido deck - deck 11 - pretty hard to miss if you go there ;)

It's where the food is and takes up a fair bit of space.

Lido deck - deck 11 - pretty hard to miss if you go there ;)

It's where the food is and takes up a fair bit of space.

Do you mean where they havve New York Pizza? that and a bar is all there isi in ghat area on Veendam, aside from those ridiculous tubs that block the view. :D

I didn't know that is what it is called, Never saw a sign if there was one. :) I did think the pizza was way better than what they used to serve in Lido.

I thought an area called Lido Market would be IN Lido.......

Do you mean where they havve New York Pizza? that and a bar is all there isi in ghat area on Veendam, aside from those ridiculous tubs that block the view. :D

I didn't know that is what it is called, Never saw a sign if there was one. :) I did think the pizza was way better than what they used to serve in Lido.

I thought an area called Lido Market would be IN Lido.......

Did you forget that the Lido has been renamed the Lido Market?

The place you just described is the Retreat.

The Lido Market is what USED to be called the Lido.