Will Explore 4 be offered again for 2018 Alaska Cruises?

dmg1956

My wife and I are booked on the July 28, 2018 sailing on the Eurodam and made our booking a month ago. We received the Explore 4 package as part of the deal. We have friends that are thinking about joining us for this cruise but I don't think the booked yet, thereby missing the Explore 4 offer (which expired last Friday, Nov 17).

Does anyone know if Explore will be offered again for the 2018 Alaskan cruises? Any thoughts will be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

dmg1956

The Explore 4 promo usually starts in August each year. It only “runs”’once a year to the best of my knowledge. Other promos run at different times of the year.

So no. It will begin next August if they decide to do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Others have responded about Explore 4, but I wanted to mention that Ready Set Sail is a promo they have done in the springtime. Depending on the cruise and the cabin booked it can be a very attractive offer.

Others have responded about Explore 4, but I wanted to mention that Ready Set Sail is a promo they have done in the springtime. Depending on the cruise and the cabin booked it can be a very attractive offer.

Thanks so much. I'll let my friends know and make a note of it myself.

It's kind of like the old weather saying I heard in Texas- "If you don't line the weather wait 10 minutes and it will change". Maybe not 10 minutes but pretty confident that many promos will be coming (possibly better than E4). Last year we were able to get SBP, 2 PG dinners, $400 pp OBC, and shore excursion credit with our NS on an 11 night cruise. Right now NCL is offering Free bar, specialty dining package, shore excursion credit, and internet package with suite booking. Celebrity is giving beverage package, unlimited internet, prepaid gratuities, and $300 OBC.

Stay tuned- promos will be coming out to keep up with the neighbors.

This is the second year in a row that I’ve re-fared my cruise as soon as explore 4 ends. It sounds good in theory, but often the price without it is much more appealing.

We considered doing that this year when we saw the price drop when E4 ended. But I crunched the numbers, and we're still coming out ahead (in value) keeping the E4. :)