Booking under 6 months to sail date

IMKTDQT810

I was wondering, for those who book early saver or research and see price drops (OBC) did you seem to see any around the 6 month mark? We are planning to sail July 2014 and I will not be able to book until Jan or Feb. Since this would be around a 6 month timeframe I was wondering if I would get a better rate because of price drops. Can't wait until we are booked and set. But fun reading everything in the meantime =-)

I was wondering, for those who book early saver or research and see price drops (OBC) did you seem to see any around the 6 month mark? We are planning to sail July 2014 and I will not be able to book until Jan or Feb. Since this would be around a 6 month timeframe I was wondering if I would get a better rate because of price drops. Can't wait until we are booked and set. But fun reading everything in the meantime =-)

You know, it really depends on how well your particular sail is selling. There will be price drops if there are many cabins available. If it selling like hotcakes, that will drives prices up.

Don't forget, even if you don't book early saver, you can still get price drops UP UNTIL FINAL PAYMENT, this will reduce your final payment. If you do book early saver, you can get price drops up until 2 days before sailing (in the form of OBC).

Summer cruises usually don't have a problem selling. May I ask what ship?

We've normally had to book within 6 months. Heads up - summer prices tend to rise from what you're seeing today. Peak time when kids are out - which is why we've had to pay premium or try for military rate.

@Fun..we are either going to go on Fantasy or Pride. Goal is July for DH 40th BD. Prolly the week after the 4th. Unless DS (9) starts year round school in 2014-2015, we will go as close to DH BD as possible with the itinerary we like to best and which ship has the better price. Was hoping Pride would have the 2.0 by then but they pushed that off until after the FL transition....but that is fine too....a cruise is a cruise is a cruise in my book =-)

@Cocoa- I know we will be paying more for that time frame. But it will be DH's BD cruise and since I've been begging to go on a cruise since our honeymoon in 2010 I did not take one single SECOND of hesitation when I took a shot in the dark and said "how about a 40th bd cruise and he said yes....I seriously kept asking him over and over for the next few days if he was pulling my leg or can we really do it. Plus it will be DS's first cruise...so I'm really excited about it.

@Lost- we might be under 6 months due to DH work. Not sure he will know if he can have off that week in July yet or not. So I guess we shall see about that also. =-)

We booked ES for both of our B2B cruises for January 2014. We've had 7 prices so far on our 1st cruise & 8 price drops on our 2nd cruise.

The first couple of price drops was matching to Fall & Winter Sale, PG and now we've had 3 Military Savings price drops on one & 4 Military Savings price drops on the 2nd one.

Our final payment due date is 11/4 & 11/11.

ES closes at 5 months on 7 day cruises and 3 months on short cruises.

I booked right at about 91 days on Triumph for 5 days and booked ES, so not sure why you have a issue with 6 months as no matter which date, ES is generally still open?

The first cruise I took last year we booked almost 300 plus days out and I had one price drop still months out. It wasn't until almost the last two months before the cruise did we get any other drops. In total I had 4 with the last two weeks before we left.

This time I booked with 4 months to go and have had no price drops but one "upgrade" from an interior to a porthole. I am hoping the closer it gets like last time the more drops there are.

Archived