New passenger guidelines

NOVICE WELSH CRUISERS

I've no intention of being drawn into the debate on the new regulations due to be implemented Feb 2019. That has been dealt with in numerous threads already.

However, whilst some passengers certainly need to look at their anti social attitude and demeanour, surely, crew need to do likewise ?

Two years ago I visited a private garden resort in St Kitts hoping to spend an idyllic day using the facilities there. However, the day was soured somewhat when a group of the Britannia entertainment staff arrived and displayed the most appalling behaviour. Their foul language, disregard of the poolside rules, anti-social attitude, overly loud screeching and total oblivion to the fact they were preventing the small amount of guests enjoying the pool area was akin to hooliganism. I even witnessed one throwing an empty bottle into the manicured gardens below.

I will be at this resort next Tuesday. I am hoping that if the entertainment staff from the Azura are there, their behaviour will be more in keeping with what P&O expect of their staff.

I made a complaint on returning to the Ship but am unaware if any action was taken. I'm all for young adults enjoying themselves but this was way beyond that.

So, P&O, you are quite right to request that passengers comply with standards. Here's hoping your staff do likewise. Paul Farrow

I thought it was FEB 2018 that the new regulations on alcohol came in and Jan 2018 for dress codes.???

You're correct with expecting the staff to behave in a reasonable manner even though they are on their days off.

We were in Barbados and were coming back from the Boatyard Beach in their free mini bus. A few of the "entertainment" staff got in the bus wearing only swimwear which was damp and sandy etc. The driver asked them to change and he got a load of abuse from them, particularly the girls. They refused to cover up and refused to get off the mini-bus. The driver gave up and took them back to the ship. Not a pleasant experience.

Entertainment staff unruly? Why would that surprise anyone. They get paid peanuts (and are mostly over paid at that) so course they then act like monkeys. It’s all a sign of the steady decline of a once good cruise line. As for some passengers, all they seem to be interested is how much booze they can neck for the lowest cost.

One day one of those bottles is going to explode in the cargo bay. That would take a bit of explaining.

David

I've no intention of being drawn into the debate on the new regulations due to be implemented Feb 2019. That has been dealt with in numerous threads already.

However, whilst some passengers certainly need to look at their anti social attitude and demeanour, surely, crew need to do likewise ?

Two years ago I visited a private garden resort in St Kitts hoping to spend an idyllic day using the facilities there. However, the day was soured somewhat when a group of the Britannia entertainment staff arrived and displayed the most appalling behaviour. Their foul language, disregard of the poolside rules, anti-social attitude, overly loud screeching and total oblivion to the fact they were preventing the small amount of guests enjoying the pool area was akin to hooliganism. I even witnessed one throwing an empty bottle into the manicured gardens below.

I will be at this resort next Tuesday. I am hoping that if the entertainment staff from the Azura are there, their behaviour will be more in keeping with what P&O expect of their staff.

I made a complaint on returning to the Ship but am unaware if any action was taken. I'm all for young adults enjoying themselves but this was way beyond that.

So, P&O, you are quite right to request that passengers comply with standards. Here's hoping your staff do likewise. Paul Farrow

.............Hi. we will be there in Jan on Azura,cant find what resort you are talking about, could you let me know please? we are Welsh also....thanks

Hi there, we are on the Azura in January,. Could dgs1956 let me know a bit more about the free mini bus in Barbados as we haven’t booked any tours yet but would like to try this if it’s still available.

I was just relating a story about going to the Boatyard in Barbados. Its basically a beach bar with sunbeds etc within walking distance or an inexpensive taxi ride and they offer a free mini bus service back to the ship at the end of your day.

We don't do many excursions now as we've been to the Caribbean so many times. We just take a taxi to a beach.

If you want advice on trips etc then why not start a new thread?

Hi there, we are on the Azura in January,. Could dgs1956 let me know a bit more about the free mini bus in Barbados as we haven’t booked any tours yet but would like to try this if it’s still available.

Hi when in Barbados, they have local buses called REGAE buses...bright yellow. it costs ...or it did last year...$1 US or £2 ecd to go virtually anywhere, they are brilliant....Last time we were there on a cruise all the other passengers paid 25-30$ for the ship tour to take them to a beach.....we went across the road and caught a bus for $1...just ask driver to drop you at a nice beach...easy

WE are there an AZURA in jan as well

Yes it would be Palms Court gardens......luckily it was very quiet and peaceful when we went !! Lovely spot round the bay from the port at St Kitts, walk to the left until you get to a memorial on a road junction, then walk a 100 yards or so inland up a slight hill and it is on the left. Lovely garden to wander and infinity pool area looking back to ships across the bay.