Coffee Maker Grandeur Jr Suite

Greeting All,

Silly question that I did not find an answer to on recent searches. What kind of coffee maker is in the Junior Suites on Grandeur? In a review I read recently someone was complaining about the coffee in the room. If its K-cup machine, I'll just pack a box of my preferred liquid awake.

I am splurging on my 2019 Cruise. Booked solo in a jr suite! Cost about about what taking my Mother 5N on Indy in an aft corner balcony this past Nov, so not too bad. (but about 3X my Anthem 5N Studio Balcony this Sept/Oct. Ah well, think of all the room!)

Smiles,

Vicki

On the Horizon:

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas Sept 29, 2018

Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Sept 19, 2019

Happy Memories:

Carnival Ecstasy (HL Clan Cruise II) Nov 1998

Royal Caribbean Viking Serenade (HL Clan Cruise III) Nov 1999

Disney Magic Oct 14, 2015

Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas Nov 27, 2017

Curses, foiled again! Nice thought while it lasted. Guess, I'll have to order room service coffee if I want Balcony PJ time in morning.

Thanks for the update, Bob.

Happy Daze,

Vicki

On the Horizon:

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas Sept 29, 2018

Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Sept 19, 2019

Happy Memories:

Carnival Ecstasy (HL Clan Cruise II) Nov 1998

Royal Caribbean Viking Serenade (HL Clan Cruise III) Nov 1999

Disney Magic Oct 14, 2015

Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas Nov 27, 2017

Curses, foiled again! Nice thought while it lasted. Guess, I'll have to order room service coffee if I want Balcony PJ time in morning.

Thanks for the update, Bob.

Happy Daze,

Vicki

You're welcome Vicki. The room service coffee will probably be better anyhow.

I was on the Grandeur last month in a junior suite. The coffee pods they provide are Starbucks and while they are too much coffee for a single cup, they also provide a hot pot that heats up very, very fast and you can put some water in it and dilute your cup a bit. We had room service coffee the first day because they had been doing Norovirus cleaning and we had no pot the first day. I certainly thought the coffee we made ourselves in the room was better than that awful room service offering. It was way too strong and not hot.

The cookies were good on that ship (IMO) and they went great with a cup of coffee in the morning. I wish I had one of those cookies now!

Not a K cup machine.

If uses an ill-fitting single-cup filter packet that usually makes a mess.

Totally agree! Tried to use it once. Made terrible coffee and a mess. Save yourself the frustration and have it delivered or take a walk down to cafe. I wish the RC suites would get the lavazza coffee/espresso machines that NCL has in their suites. 🤞🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same on radiance, when in the diamond lounge last July, I mentioned it to the hotel director, and he said he’d look for 2-cup filters. Never heard of two cup filters.

I came up with a crude fix. Cut a narrow slice off one side of filter. Dump out some of the grounds, double fold the edge to secure it, put it in grounds basket, and brew as normal. If you bring some extra one cup filters, you should be able to use the extra grounds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Let me start by saying that I don’t like coffee. However, I drink a lot of tea and bring my own teabags. I noticed they make coffee bags. Would this be something you might want to use instead of the messy machine maybe?

We stay in JS almost exclusively and have never made coffee in the room. I don't even look at it anymore. We just stash the whole setup in a cabinet. Last time I did look they had a coffee packet that made way more than the capacity of the maker. It was comical. Too easy to have room service or go grab a cup in the DL or CL, or WJ. I don't understand why they even put them in the suites. Almost no one uses them.