1st B2B on Eurodam - Turnaround on Easter 4/1

Seafoam Green

I'm just hoping for some info on the procedure for getting off the ship while in port on turnaround day. I haven't noticed much mentioned about how it works on HAL. I'm not interested in the Fort Lauderdale excursions offered and I have verified that Total Wine IS open on Easter Sunday (closing early at 6PM, not an issue as we will have sailed out again by then.) :)

I would appreciate input from those who have been through it before. Should we just do our errands and get back onboard, or are there any other ideas?

Thank you.

On the last full day of the first segment you will get a letter explaining what you should do on turn-around day. You will also be given an In Transit card(s).

You will have to go through immigration -- so get your passports ready the morning of turn-around day.

You will be given a time and place to meet to go off the ship as a group -- usually happens around 9:30 - 10 AM. IF there is a large number of you staying on for the second cruise, then immigration may happen on the ship.

Once you leave the ship and go through immigration in the terminal, then you will go back upstairs and wait for the ship to go down to "zero" count.

Sometimes everything goes well and we have been able to get back on the ship within 1/2 hour. Other times there have been a few people who think that they do not have to go through immigration and ignore getting off the ship. We have waited nearly 2 hours a couple of times to get back on the ship. Not even new passengers can get on the ship.

If you do decide to go somewhere to shop, once you get back to the ship, you will go through security but all you need to do is show your In Transit cards and get back on the ship.

On Koningsdam in January, the "In Transit" passengers did not have to disembark as a group - but we did have to get in the long line with the passengers who were doing their final disembarkation, so it was quite slow. Once in the terminal, we were able to "jump" the lines there because we had our Nexus cards, but I don't remember an "In transit" line at all. It was pretty chaotic. Then, once outside, we were in competition with all those people getting taxis to go to the airport, while we wanted to go to the Galleria.

BTW, we were really disappointed this time with the Galleria, some stores closed, and the food court depleted of the interesting food places they had before. I did manage to do a bit of shopping, of course!:eek:

As KK said, getting back on board was easy.

On the last full day of the first segment you will get a letter explaining what you should do on turn-around day. You will also be given an In Transit card(s).

You will have to go through immigration -- so get your passports ready the morning of turn-around day.

You will be given a time and place to meet to go off the ship as a group -- usually happens around 9:30 - 10 AM. IF there is a large number of you staying on for the second cruise, then immigration may happen on the ship.

Thank you so much for explaining this. It's always good to have an idea of the timeframe to expect paperwork in case it doesn't arrive.

On Koningsdam in January, the "In Transit" passengers did not have to disembark as a group - but we did have to get in the long line with the passengers who were doing their final disembarkation, so it was quite slow. Once in the terminal, we were able to "jump" the lines there because we had our Nexus cards, but I don't remember an "In transit" line at all. It was pretty chaotic. Then, once outside, we were in competition with all those people getting taxis to go to the airport, while we wanted to go to the Galleria.

BTW, we were really disappointed this time with the Galleria, some stores closed, and the food court depleted of the interesting food places they had before. I did manage to do a bit of shopping, of course!:eek:

As KK said, getting back on board was easy.

Thanks for sharing this. We usually leave the ship very early for final disembarkation, so we really have no concept of how long the process can be.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise. :D