Brilliance Deck 7 Obstructed View Balcony

• 4 weeks later...
The upwards arrow of the shot below marks the balcony for cabin 7108 on Brilliance's sister ship Serenade. As one can from this from this shot taken from a higher position, the wedge shaped end of the lifeboat cover just to the rear of the centrum elevators windows partially blocks the downward view from that cabin's balcony which is just one deck above the front of the first port side lifeboat behind the centrum. .

attachment.php?attachmentid=391324&d=1470183209

I have a friend in 7112 - accessible cabin. Is the view obstructed or is it similar to the photos?

• 2 weeks later...

We were in 7084. It was classed as obstructed because we were over the lifeboats, but there was nothing missing from the views. Only if you wanted to look straight down. Which was basically either the sea, or the port gangway.

Sitting out there at night watching the world go by and the sun coming up, or going down, was just magical.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a friend in 7112 - accessible cabin. Is the view obstructed or is it similar to the photos?

The balcony for cabin 7112 is two balconies to the right of cabin 7108, indicated by the arrow this shot so it's the lower right one above the center of the lifeboat below.

Its view will be over the full width of the rear port side lifeboat cover or similar to the shots at the beginning of this thread as it is the first balcony aft of the hump and the wedge portion of that cover.

attachment.php?attachmentid=391324&d=1470183209

Edited by robtulipe

• 2 weeks later...

We have just come back from our first cruise. We were in 7582 on Brilliance and the lifeboat cannopies didn't really cause us much angst.

We booked our Eastern Caribbean cruise on Oasis while on board and have opted for a middle of the hump stateroom D2-11202 but this only so I can look fore and aft.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are on Brilliance in cabin 7108 and Bob is right, there is a slightly obstructed view from that balcony. It is the lifeboat cover when looking straight down. The extra room on the balcony is great! The extended length means the sun does not shine directly into the cabin, which is nice.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
We are on Brilliance in cabin 7108 and Bob is right, there is a slightly obstructed view from that balcony. It is the lifeboat cover when looking straight down. The extra room on the balcony is great! The extended length means the sun does not shine directly into the cabin, which is nice.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

Hi Chris - we will be sailing in same cabin this summer. Could you tell me if there was noise from elevators or the restaurants downstairs? Thank you.

Hi Chris - we will be sailing in same cabin this summer. Could you tell me if there was noise from elevators or the restaurants downstairs? Thank you.

Hi Michelle,

There was no noise at all from the elevators or the restaurants - none. We could hear the music from the Centrum (or whatever the middle thing is called!) though, quite loud at times. But it's all over before 11 pm. We loved that cabin and the big deck was beautiful. Enjoy your cruise.