Sfo - ppt

Tahitianbigkahuna

• 4 weeks later...
Bingo!

Well here we go! The French Bee English website is up and running ... well sort of ... I think they are working on it but the R/T fare between SFO/PPT is stated as $660

https://us.frenchbee.com/en

Thanks for the url. I priced ours out and they do beat ATN for us at least 900.00 for the two of us from what airfare is being charged to us by PG!

I need to get my travel agent on this asap!

Thanks for the url. I priced ours out and they do beat ATN for us at least 900.00 for the two of us from what airfare is being charged to us by PG!

I need to get my travel agent on this asap!

Keep in mind ATN is a well oiled machine with backup aircraft. Personally I wouldn't book French Bee until they are a proven carrier to FP. Another words on-time and have back up aircraft. If I was to book now I would only do so if I was to flay in days ahead of time on a previous flight on French Bee ;)

It will probably be fine but I don't like testing things out when things are beyond my control.

TBK : Thanks for your input. I am hoping to at least to get some credit from ATN via my Travel Agent as ATN is not competitive. We are looking at French Bee's highest class with all amenities now also. Their highest class of seats are I assume (looking into that also) equal to most airlines first class (?) and are only about (assuming my math is correct) 1000.00 total for (two people )higher than ATN economy class! That is a steal considering how much more ATN want for their best. SO either some kind of credit from ATN or going to best seating with French Bee may be what we do.

I will get back as soon as we get something finalized. By the way : Our reservation shows us paying 3200.00 R/T for two people with ATN.

TBK : Thanks for your input. I am hoping to at least to get some credit from ATN via my Travel Agent as ATN is not competitive. We are looking at French Bee's highest class with all amenities now also. Their highest class of seats are I assume (looking into that also) equal to most airlines first class (?) and are only about (assuming my math is correct) 1000.00 total for (two people )higher than ATN economy class! That is a steal considering how much more ATN want for their best. SO either some kind of credit from ATN or going to best seating with French Bee may be what we do.

I will get back as soon as we get something finalized. By the way : Our reservation shows us paying 3200.00 R/T for two people with ATN.

People forget that the tickets on ATN can be more expensive when there is higher demand ... like when a cruise ship is in port ;)

I'm looking at the French Bee's "Premium" seats here: https://us.frenchbee.com/en/services-fares/classes/premium

They sure don't look like First Class to me. To me it looks like a bare-bones Premium Economy service. Here's the ATN Business Class seat: https://www.airtahitinui.com/us-en/poerava-business-class-0

Not comparable. I agree that ATN Business fares are crazy. I also agree that the FB seats have about 4"s of pitch over the Economy ATN seat.

Have you looked at Premium Economy on Air France? Granted, they do not fly every day so you have to be flexible, but we've enjoyed this service twice now, and it's good value.

Thanks Wendy. I will get back here as soon as our travel agent has recontacted us and PG about ATN airfares. I see now they ATN have lowered their price for when we are going. I may cancel ATN and rebook the reduced airfare or go with the competition. Savings are going to be anywhere from 300 per person up to 900 per person for economy or just cancel and go with a premium seating competition . Last time on ATN our experience with economy was poor.

I think people forget that a large portion of the airfare is taxes, something that effects all airlines the same. I think on AB the taxes at the economy level were 80% of the airfare. Another words the promo airfare will not last long as AB is losing money at the price.

As far as overall expense we've been to FP 18 times and we've never gone anyway other than 'economy'. Sure it's no picnic but it is the way that we've been able to go every year. The 8 hours we endure in economy is well worth it as we get to enjoy paradise once again :)

To you that go business or premium economy enjoy it .... but for us we are just happy to return to paradise ... stick us in the baggage hold if it meant a return to paradise. :)

This is such a help for us planning our first trip to FP! We have to fly either Premium economy or business class - DH is 6'8" and in economy there is no room for his knees! If the person in front reclines their seat - well it gets ugly fast. From the descriptions of FrenchBee it almost sounds like Norwegian Air. While not a luxurious First Class it's almost like a posh Premium Economy. Very doable. Fortunately we have some time so I'll be waiting for the reviews! Thank you all for making my research so much easier!

This is such a help for us planning our first trip to FP!........

Once you get there you will have an incredible time! We are going on our second trip and dreading the economy seats on ATN.

I would not even consider ATN for your husband if I were you. Economy class is terrible unless you are a small person. If I were you I would be looking at all possibilities like we are. We are thinking just for example - Hawaii Air to Hawaii and then Quantas to Papeete for the trip. It is pricing out to about the same for us and yet it breaks up the trip and looks to be very competitive with ATN.

This is such a help for us planning our first trip to FP! We have to fly either Premium economy or business class - DH is 6'8" and in economy there is no room for his knees! If the person in front reclines their seat - well it gets ugly fast. From the descriptions of FrenchBee it almost sounds like Norwegian Air. While not a luxurious First Class it's almost like a posh Premium Economy. Very doable. Fortunately we have some time so I'll be waiting for the reviews! Thank you all for making my research so much easier!

Well, I'll wait and hear from someone who tries French Bee! The seats don't look nearly as "posh" as the PE on Air France. The AF seats have 2" more of pitch, and are 1" wider. Not sure about the distance between seats, but they look about the same. Last trip we did AF over to Papeete in Business, and PE on the way back, since it was a day flight. That was a treat, I'll say.

I just talked to my travel agent and they said that if we cancel the airfare that PG and ATN put into our contract that we would then not have a day room (in our case that would be around 10 hours of room) and also no transfers. For those of you that use different airlines besides ATN is this correct? I always thought that the transfers and day room were part of the actual ship cruise (excluding air) cost quote?

I just talked to my travel agent and they said that if we cancel the airfare that PG and ATN put into our contract that we would then not have a day room (in our case that would be around 10 hours of room) and also no transfers. For those of you that use different airlines besides ATN is this correct? I always thought that the transfers and day room were part of the actual ship cruise (excluding air) cost quote?

Yes, it's correct. You get transfers, and get to stay on the ship longer on the last day, then get transferred to a hotel, with an optional bus tour, then taken back by bus to the airport.

Depending on when you fly, this could be significant. We've given up on it several times. Cabs aren't a big deal, and getting to the airport independently of a busload of pax has its advantages. The dayroom is nice, tough to get independently, if you're flying at night. I think you can buy the dayroom package separately, perhaps only on the ship, not sure.

This isn't an exclusive to ATN .... PG can place you on another airline such as Air France or Hawaiian and you would get the same day room and transfer benefit. The airline is chosen by PG, however, you can pay for a deviation.

When you add all the benefits it is solid value. I like the benefit of staying on-board longer before you whisked off to your day room. Eating lunch on-board is a big plus. The tour is nice if you haven't done it before.

Once you get there you will have an incredible time! We are going on our second trip and dreading the economy seats on ATN.

I would not even consider ATN for your husband if I were you. Economy class is terrible unless you are a small person. If I were you I would be looking at all possibilities like we are. We are thinking just for example - Hawaii Air to Hawaii and then Quantas to Papeete for the trip. It is pricing out to about the same for us and yet it breaks up the trip and looks to be very competitive with ATN.

aslew,

Very rarely do we fly economy anymore - it's just too unbearable for my DH. It's the exit row and up for us. Like you I have been looking at Hawaiian Air, Qantas. It is tempting to break up the flight in Hawaii! The upgrade to Business is quite pricey. We don't sail until 9/7/19 so we have some time to see how things shake out with FrenchBee and now United getting into the picture. Thank you for your suggestions! :D

Actually we are so blessed to have a multitude of airlines that will be flying to FP.

Discounter catering to the thrifty mended traveler: French Bee

In the middle offering something for everyone: Hawaiian, ATN and Air France

Going after the higher end market: United

Could we ask for anything more :)

Actually we are so blessed to have a multitude of airlines that will be flying to FP.

Discounter catering to the thrifty mended traveler: French Bee

In the middle offering something for everyone: Hawaiian, ATN and Air France

Going after the higher end market: United

Could we ask for anything more :)

In what way is United going after the higher end market? Sorry if I missed a reference to this somewhere.

In what way is United going after the higher end market? Sorry if I missed a reference to this somewhere.

I checked again ... ATN and United will have similar configurations .... when both are flying Boeing 787 aircraft.

However, ATN appears to be lowering their prices to initially compete with French Bee, this isn't true of United as of yet ...

Currently ATN is offering a $880 R/T price from LAX or SFO ... this is to compete with French Bee at the economy plus checked bag and meal price.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

I checked again ... ATN and United will have similar configurations .... when both are flying Boeing 787 aircraft.

However, ATN appears to be lowering their prices to initially compete with French Bee, this isn't true of United as of yet ...

Currently ATN is offering a $880 R/T price from LAX or SFO ... this is to compete with French Bee at the economy plus checked bag and meal price.

Where are you finding $880 for ATN? I haven't found anything under $1,500..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where are you finding $880 for ATN? I haven't found anything under $1,500..

TBK is correct. Taken direct from Air Tahiti Website : . Travel to Tahiti from $888 or $1238 is valid for May 06, 2018 - October 25, 2018 departures

CODE : OLPRUS

LAX/SFO

PPT

N/A

888.00 USD

Incredible R/T airfare ! 888.00 USD

Get ahold of your travel agents and save save save!!

Thanks TBK!

Edited by azlew
sp

I had an interesting conversation with my travel agent. They checked with PG. and for us to fly from our home in Phoenix on American Airlines(they are the official airline for ATN flights out of Phoenix) with a connecting flight (connecting is the key here as then our baggage is checked all the way to Tahiti)) to ATN with our airline tickets stating this and also to have the usual PG transfers and day room that is included = it will cost us about 2200.00 each to do this! If I would directly book the airfare out of phoenix for us direct with ATN online (using AA to Lax) it would cost us 1600.00 each (but no day room or transfers). The 888.00 sale for ATN does not cover our dates. I am not sure if this is the thread I should ask for info and help on independent co transfers etc but it certainly is looking like we might be able to save a lot of money somewhere on this?

I had an interesting conversation with my travel agent. They checked with PG. and for us to fly from our home in Phoenix on American Airlines(they are the official airline for ATN flights out of Phoenix) with a connecting flight (connecting is the key here as then our baggage is checked all the way to Tahiti)) to ATN with our airline tickets stating this and also to have the usual PG transfers and day room that is included = it will cost us about 2200.00 each to do this! If I would directly book the airfare out of phoenix for us direct with ATN online (using AA to Lax) it would cost us 1600.00 each (but no day room or transfers). The 888.00 sale for ATN does not cover our dates. I am not sure if this is the thread I should ask for info and help on independent co transfers etc but it certainly is looking like we might be able to save a lot of money somewhere on this?

Wow, that's crazy! Then again, you could book your own flight just to LA from Phoenix and see how that pans out. That way you'd get the ATN "included fare" to PPT and the perks that go with it. I will say that I believe not many PG customers that I've talked to get PG to do their air from their home city to L.A.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Wow, that's crazy! Then again, you could book your own flight just to LA from Phoenix and see how that pans out......

That's what we did two years ago and LAX was a nightmare with baggage. Too much baggage and no skycaps in sight to get our baggage to the international side of the airport. I guess there is no way to reserve with skycap there for meeting us after our phoenix to lax flight.