Glory Review

pjcoach

Just got off the Glory today and figured I would give a quick review. It was my wife and two sons, we had inside cabins on deck six. Some background for context around my review: my wife and I have been on about a dozen cruises (princess, Royal Caribbean and Carnival). We go in with very realistic expectations, for example, I expect the food to be the same as a good diner. Overall, as usual it was a very good time. The service by all of the crew was great as well as all of the food.

We ate all dinners in the main dining room (late seating) and we also ate all except for one breakfast in the main dining room. For lunch, we ate at Guys, BBQ, Deli and Blue Iguana. I also had pizza once as a snack.

Two things in regards to dining, in the future I would probably switch to my time. This is based upon the various activities going on. I also get a little frustrated at the lido buffet for breakfast due to the flow of lines, it seems the omelette station holds the lines up.

I would be more than happy to answer any specific questions about food, entertainment or the ship in general.

As far as shore excursions, here goes:

Half Moon Cay

We rented cabana 8. I would highly recommend getting a cabana if you can. It was well worth it. It included snorkel gear, towels, soft drinks (2 per person), 2 liters of water, tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa and crudités.

Cabana 8 we thought was in a perfect spot. On the map it looks farther from the tender than it actually is, so if you want to be on a little less crowded part of beach go for cabana 8 or higher.

St. Thomas

I rented the Jolly Mon sailboat for a half day sail and lunch. If you google jolly mon you will find them. Jennifer and Chuck were great. It was like spending the day with friends. The lunch and other snacks were fantastic and the painkillers were really good. We sailed right from havensight where we docked (about 10 minute walk from ship) to Buck Island where you can swim and snorkel. The best part is that it was only the four of us on the boat. They will only carry a maximum of six, so if you do not want to be with the crowds, book the Jolly Mon.

San Juan

We did the rainforest horse back riding booked through Carnival. This was a good excursion , the guides were nice and the horses were very responsive. The ride was very relaxing and the scenery was ok.

Grand Turk

We did the ATVs through Carnival. This was very good. Great way to see the island and very fun to ride. The guides were very professional and safety conscious. The ATVs seemed brand new. Highly recommended doing this.

If you have any questions please ask and I will try to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Just got off the Glory today and figured I would give a quick review. It was my wife and two sons, we had inside cabins on deck six. Some background for context around my review: my wife and I have been on about a dozen cruises (princess, Royal Caribbean and Carnival). We go in with very realistic expectations, for example, I expect the food to be the same as a good diner. Overall, as usual it was a very good time. The service by all of the crew was great as well as all of the food.

We ate all dinners in the main dining room (late seating) and we also ate all except for one breakfast in the main dining room. For lunch, we ate at Guys, BBQ, Deli and Blue Iguana. I also had pizza once as a snack.

Two things in regards to dining, in the future I would probably switch to my time. This is based upon the various activities going on. I also get a little frustrated at the lido buffet for breakfast due to the flow of lines, it seems the omelette station holds the lines up.

I would be more than happy to answer any specific questions about food, entertainment or the ship in general.

As far as shore excursions, here goes:

Half Moon Cay

We rented cabana 8. I would highly recommend getting a cabana if you can. It was well worth it. It included snorkel gear, towels, soft drinks (2 per person), 2 liters of water, tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa and crudités.

Cabana 8 we thought was in a perfect spot. On the map it looks farther from the tender than it actually is, so if you want to be on a little less crowded part of beach go for cabana 8 or higher.

St. Thomas

I rented the Jolly Mon sailboat for a half day sail and lunch. If you google jolly mon you will find them. Jennifer and Chuck were great. It was like spending the day with friends. The lunch and other snacks were fantastic and the painkillers were really good. We sailed right from havensight where we docked (about 10 minute walk from ship) to Buck Island where you can swim and snorkel. The best part is that it was only the four of us on the boat. They will only carry a maximum of six, so if you do not want to be with the crowds, book the Jolly Mon.

San Juan

We did the rainforest horse back riding booked through Carnival. This was a good excursion , the guides were nice and the horses were very responsive. The ride was very relaxing and the scenery was ok.

Grand Turk

We did the ATVs through Carnival. This was very good. Great way to see the island and very fun to ride. The guides were very professional and safety conscious. The ATVs seemed brand new. Highly recommended doing this.

If you have any questions please ask and I will try to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interested in the ATV excursion in GT. Says all have be 16 years of age. We have a 15 year old girl. Do they have a 2 person ATV? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the review! There's been talk about the Aft pool Azure not being adult only anymore. Can you please tell me if you know if it was adult only or family?

Also did you happen to eat in the steakhouse?

That has been awhile and since then, that decision has been reversed. It was adult only in October.

That has been awhile and since then, that decision has been reversed. It was adult only in October.

That's what I thought but someone from my group on our next Glory cruise 4/28 said she was just on the Triumph 3 weeks ago and the Aft pool was family. ???

That's what I thought but someone from my group on our next Glory cruise 4/28 said she was just on the Triumph 3 weeks ago and the Aft pool was family. ???

Shouldn't be, but I can tell you in October the sign was up on the pool that said Adults Only and it was being enforced on the Glory. I'll be on 4/7 and will verify once again.