Excursions on Mediterranean Island trip

marco2111

We are booked on the Mediterranean Island Mosaic from Barcelona to Rome on May 6. There isn't a roll call for the trip but I wondered if anyone had any info on tours in Palma, Mahon, Calvi, Bastia, and Portoferraio? Hope to get some advice from previous cruisers!

Thanks,

Karen

Husband and I are also on this cruise as the 2nd week in the Star Collector. We have only booked a few days' excursions ourselves. Here is what info I can offer. We have had excellent experiences on the shore excursions and always enjoy hearing the experiences of other passengers who chose a different trip for the day.

PALMA DE MALLORCA - Decided on Valldemosa & Chopin because we have enjoyed past trips to mountain villages. The Bellver Castle on the City Sights tour will be closed that day. Possibly the Soller Train Ride but the views always seem to pass to quickly

MAHON Hiking in Menorca, the island is known for hiking https://www.descobreixmenorca.com/en/cami-de-cavalls-3/

CALVI just can't make up our minds, they all look interesting but nothing is standing out right now.

BASTIA thinking of Cap Corse but not sure of a "bus ride", may look into a private tour for this.

PORTOFERRAIO have been to Forte Falcone and Napoleon's Summer Residence so this year we plan to walk up to Forte Stella and/or go to Winter Residence Napoleon's Residence Palazzina dei Mulini.

Hello!

My husband and I are also on this cruise and are interested in the excursions. We have just started to research them. Many look interesting. Thinking we would like the hiking excursion in Mahon.

Hoping more travelers share their experiences with us!

Thank you, Karen, for starting this thread!

I started a Rollcall for this cruise hoping we might find a few more! Right now there are 6 of us. I just started trying to decide what we should do. I will post under the roll call if I find small group tours,if you are interested in joining. Please let me know if you find anything besides what the boat offers.

Thanks,

Karen & Andrew