Eurodam Retreat, anyone?

ZSandy25

We are on the Eurodam in March of 2019, 28 days RT San Diego Hawaii/Tahiti. We have 15 sea days and have been thinking about the Retreat on the Eurodam. Have any of you booked one of the Cabanas? If so do you have a recommendation as to where to like to be?

We were able to book the retreat on the K'dam a year ago on sea days. My DH and I loved the whole experience.

I know the retreat is not for everyone but would appreciate any comments from those of you who have experienced the retreat on the Eurodam.

If you liked the retreat on Kdam, you will love the ones on Eurodam. Much larger and there is a small dining table with chairs so that you can actually sit and eat lunch. Ours faced the back, not a side one. It was lovely. The staff is so accommodating. Very special time for us on Eurodam.

Should go to the roll call for this cruise & ask there. We are also on this cruise. See you on board.

Allan

Thanks Allan but I wanted an opinion from someone who has used the retreat on the Eurodam. Is there some postings on the Roll Call about the retreat that I missed?

A search would get you many threads.

We were on Eurodam for 16 days in Oct/Nov, and had a Retreat cabana. We love them...have had them on 5 HAL ships.

We always get aft facing (as opposed to side facing) cabanas for better air flow.

Do you have specific questions?

We did a Panama Canal transit cruise on the Eurodam last April. Because of the number of non port days, or sea days which we love, we booked a Cabana in The Retreat for the whole cruise. It was worth every $, we were very well looked after. I would say go for it!

A search would get you many threads.

We were on Eurodam for 16 days in Oct/Nov, and had a Retreat cabana. We love them...have had them on 5 HAL ships.

We always get aft facing (as opposed to side facing) cabanas for better air flow.

Do you have specific questions?

Thank you for the advice on the air flow, my first thought was side facing as opposed to aft facing because of the view.

We did a Panama Canal transit cruise on the Eurodam last April. Because of the number of non port days, or sea days which we love, we booked a Cabana in The Retreat for the whole cruise. It was worth every $, we were very well looked after. I would say go for it!

Done....I booked a Cabana for the whole cruise. I know we will love it as much as we did on the K'dam,

• 2 weeks later...
Before you board, you can only book for the entire cruise. Once you board, you can book individual days, if available.

It has to be done thru ships services and payment is up front. It is refundable if you change your mind. Once onboard you can book for certain days if they are available. This is what we did on the K’dam. This cruise I booked the whole cruise because we have a lot of sea days. There is a price increase for sea days vs port days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks All...we are sailing 11 nights from Vancouver in October to Mexico and into San Diego...fairly sure first 3-5 nights not going to be much interested.... but nights 5 to 11 maybe so :)

You may or may NOT find individual availability once onboard. It’s a chance you’ll have to take if not interested in the whole cruise pre-booking.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone used the Retreat Cabanas on the Eurodam on an Alaskan sailing.  We're going in July (2020) and have reserved a family cabana.  Hoping we can get some use out of it!  Thanks!

There have been many discussions about cabana use in Alaska, with the consensus being a cabana would not be too favorable. Having just returned from 14 days sailing in Alaska (on Amsterdam- no cabanas) where for the most part we had pretty nice weather, I can't see we would have used a  cabana...maybe while in port, but certainly not while sailing.

Thanks CruiserBruce.  We are doing a Disney Cruise with our daughter's family the following month after this cruise in the Eastern Caribbean (the cabanas would probably come in handy on that cruise, but not available).  To help keep costs down we did inside rooms on both.  I thought having the Cabana during the day would be nice since we don't have that sea option in our room.  It would be about $1,000 cheaper to have an  inside room and family cabana as compared to getting a balcony this time around.  We were also hoping that July (fingers crossed) would be a little bit better weather.  We'll have to think about this one some more.