Photo of Milford sound NewZealand

Hi all, just wanted to try out Imgur that I use on another forum to post photos. This is one I took when I was on the Radiance of the Seas in Feb 2018 of Milford Sounds. Here's hoping it shows.

John.

Thanks Madnsnaeaky.

Did not show so back to the drawing board. Is there anyway you can delete a post ? it would have been handy to have deleted this one, also is there anywhere that I can test sending photos on this forum.

Edited by JohnGc

Thanks guys . I have edited my original post perhaps you can answer the couple of questions I asked there. Don't want to keep sending post if imgur is not going to work on this forum. It does save the photo in bbc code for forums perhaps that is not working on this forum. I will try it once more on this post. Another edit, ok guys found an old post that states imgur does not allow hosting on this site. Will look at other ways.

John

No not going to work.

Edited by JohnGc

I am really hoping that we get into Milford sound on radiance in 2 weeks times. With her glass viewing right around the ship, this will hopefully be a highlight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We missed Fiordland last December on Ovation due to weather. About a week ago on Solstice we missed again due to a medical evacuation after leaving Melbourne and having to return, losing about 11-12 hours. There were a lot of disappointed cruisers.

Thanks guys . I have edited my original post perhaps you can answer the couple of questions I asked there. Don't want to keep sending post if imgur is not going to work on this forum. It does save the photo in bbc code for forums perhaps that is not working on this forum. I will try it once more on this post. Another edit, ok guys found an old post that states imgur does not allow hosting on this site. Will look at other ways.

John

No not going to work.

I use this one ....https://imgbb.com/

We missed Fiordland last December on Ovation due to weather. About a week ago on Solstice we missed again due to a medical evacuation after leaving Melbourne and having to return, losing about 11-12 hours. There were a lot of disappointed cruisers.

That would have been disappointing to miss the fjords twice, within five months.

I am really hoping that we get into Milford sound on radiance in 2 weeks times. With her glass viewing right around the ship, this will hopefully be a highlight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We really did not expect to be able to get into Milford Sound as the sea was rough the night before but the sea was smooth when we got there. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. (yn)

We really did not expect to be able to get into Milford Sound as the sea was rough the night before but the sea was smooth when we got there. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. (yn)

Thank you! If we miss Milford sound this time will have to book another cruise back

Gorgeous. We sailed the sounds January 2017 and loved it. Hope the weather is kind to us in January 2019 when we are booked on again.

Yes it is nature at its best. We were very lucky we had the sun & no mist. We expected the worse

as N/Z had weather warnings. We made up our minds we would enjoy the cruise no matter what but somehow we escaped the bad weather. We only had one rainy day in Auckland. Bay of Islands was pouring with rain & misty when we got there but rain stopped when we got off the ship. Akaroa was my favourite port, it was so warm we were hunting for shade. As I said we left Sydney on the 31st January and arrived at the Sounds on the 3rd Feb, sounds like that is a good time of year to go. Fingers crossed.

John.

I love Akaroa (my husband not as much as it has a very nice jewellery shop), Napier is lovely too. We had mist and rain through the sounds but it was still lovely, just not as lovely as your photographs. We missed Bay of Islands through bad weather but we will be visiting by land in January 2019, just to guarantee we will see it.

I love Akaroa (my husband not as much as it has a very nice jewellery shop), Napier is lovely too. We had mist and rain through the sounds but it was still lovely, just not as lovely as your photographs. We missed Bay of Islands through bad weather but we will be visiting by land in January 2019, just to guarantee we will see it.

Ha ha, I know how your husband feels,my wife was quite keen on the jewellery shop. Glad you got to see the sounds, many people are not so lucky. Have to make sure Napier is on our list next time we cruise to New Zealand.

John.