2019 Schedule

surmy555

The last cruise listed is actually a ten day itin Lisbon/Lisbon departing on 11/18/18. We had an itin on one of the cruisers a couple years ago that ended in Lisbon and she was then headed to Cadiz for some dry dock work. This is my guess. Or, this is Windstar, the schedule could emerge tomorrow. You never know.

They are looking at NZ and Australia. Would be winter for us so that might be the itineraries that they are working on. Or not!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They are looking at NZ and Australia. Would be winter for us so that might be the itineraries that they are working on. Or not!

Now we're talking. It would be very interesting if they do a reposition from LA or SF (or even Vancouver or Seattle) to New Zealand! I suspect they'd find a receptive market in either New Zealand or Australia.

I think the Windsurf itineraries for summer 2019 have already been posted for a while now - but still nothing for the motor yachts.

Awhile ago, I received a survey from Windstar focused on future cruise itineraries. I wonder if they're using that data to determine cruise locations. FWIW, I've been on 2 motor yacht cruises, but not a sailing cruise...yet.:D

They have posted some more of the 2019 itineraries for Star Legend (Alaska ones and now have some for Star Breeze (Caribbean, late February through March). The last 2018 itinerary posted for Star Breeze ends Dec 22 in Costa Rica and the first 2019 one posted departs from Colon so there should be Costa Rica / Panama Canal cruises in between.

We want to do a Costa Rica / Panama Canal cruise in January and would like to see the Star Breeze itineraries before deciding between Star Breeze and Wind Star (or maybe UnCruise). So I hope those will follow soon.

There is also a gap (26 days) between the last Asia cruise posted for Star Legend and the 5 Alaska itineraries. The ocean crossing must be in there along with another Alaska or Asia cruise. The Alaska itineraries all have the same name, Alaskan Splendors, but some are 11 days and some are 12. Even amongst ones of the same length, there are differences in the ports; e.g. some go to Prince Rupert and some to Ketchican. Seems like that could confuse people who may look at one itinerary, decide to book a different date without noticing that the itinerary is a bit different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They have Star Pride Athens to Rome on 13/06/19 for 7 days and then nothing more. Where does she go from here? I do hope WS are not planning on selling these ships - but you do wonder why they have full itineraries for Wind Star and Windsurf published for summer 2019 and not Star Pride. Perhaps it is only a refit.

They have Star Pride Athens to Rome on 13/06/19 for 7 days and then nothing more. Where does she go from here? I do hope WS are not planning on selling these ships - but you do wonder why they have full itineraries for Wind Star and Windsurf published for summer 2019 and not Star Pride. Perhaps it is only a refit.

While I did not take a look at everything; there are a whole lot of later 2019 sailings on the Windstar website.

"Yachtsman's Harbors of the Riviera" on the Star Pride, Star Breeze and Wind Surf, shows sail dates for all three vessels into late October 2019. Star Breeze shows a November 2019 sailing for "Classic Italy and the Dalmatian Coast".

Since the drop down menus on the Windstar website always give you the soonest dates first, you sometimes need to carefully scroll down to find the dates the furthest out.

Although there are still rumors about the Breeze/legend/pride being lengthened at some point, I'm now hearing from fairly good authority that this won't happen in 2019. In reality all the ships except the Spirit which is just all Tahiti, none of the ships have a full schedule posted:

Breeze - online through mid-November

Legend - drops after August

Pride - drops after June 20

Star - drops after 11/10

Surf - online through mid-october

Part of this I just call typical Wind Star difficulty in getting things lined up and information posted.

The Pride with nothing after June is the one I find most mysterious. Del Rio - I'm not seeing those later dates for the pride that you list.

I also saw the dates on line for the Pride and I was very curious as well.

Makes one wonder. I sincerely hope all is well. I was hoping that WS was going to be in my future for years to come. Happy Sailing.

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Surf. On our sea day we sat down with a Windstar trip planning assistant (not sure that was his actual title) to discuss future itineraries. We were told that the 2019 schedules are not full because each of the 6 ships will be out of commission for approx. 6wks to do renovations (mostly cosmetic). I was pretty surprised that they would do all of them in the same year but he said that is the plan.

I am so disappointed. I called Windstar asking about the Belles of the British Isles cruise which is the specific on I wanted to do next year. Well, they are offering it but the timing does not work for me.:(……...fooey!:eek:

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Surf. On our sea day we sat down with a Windstar trip planning assistant (not sure that was his actual title) to discuss future itineraries. We were told that the 2019 schedules are not full because each of the 6 ships will be out of commission for approx. 6wks to do renovations (mostly cosmetic). I was pretty surprised that they would do all of them in the same year but he said that is the plan.

Thank you for sharing the information!