Drink menu on Grandeur, October 2017

DaisyL

So there is no sparkling wine included in the beverage package?

Any drink or wine under $12 is included in the drink package. I copied the only drink menu that I have not seen posted before. There's an extensive wine list, that my husband ordered from nightly at dinner, I just didn't take pix of it.

If you order an alcoholic beverage over $12, they will charge you the difference. And the restaurant or any bar will make any drink you want! The menu I posted here is a sampling of drinks/wines they offer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any drink or wine under $12 is included in the drink package. I copied the only drink menu that I have not seen posted before. There's an extensive wine list, that my husband ordered from nightly at dinner, I just didn't take pix of it.

If you order an alcoholic beverage over $12 and you have the package, they will charge you the difference. And the restaurant or any bar, will make any drink you want! The menu I posted here is a sampling of drinks/wines they offer.

While they list Leblon Cachaca and Caipirihna, on our cruise in August, they had less than 2 bottles on board, and ran out. And did not restock.

Yes and some beer too until they were able to restock at a port. Our group drank so many B-52s in the Schooner that the bar waiter would tease us when he had to get Kahlua or Baily's from another bar.

Every.Night.12 Days. ...Lol...

75649284ddc33008252d7439a002048a.jpg

Thanks!

Always think its weird how they don't include the Johnnie Walker and Glenfiddich in the "Scotch" section. Its not single malts v. blends since Dewars and Chivas are blends and Glenfiddich is a single malt.

I know nothing about whiskey or scotch or single v. Blends or the differences, only that a few days after the fancy cocktails I had to switch to 'clean' drinking -Jack Daniels and club soda. Then the bar waiter brought me a surprise one night...Johnnie Walker Black w soda water. Wow, used to drink it over ice, a hundred years ago. That was my after dinner drink(s) for the rest of the cruise...

I know nothing about whiskey or scotch or single v. Blends or the differences, only that a few days after the fancy cocktails I had to switch to 'clean' drinking -Jack Daniels and club soda. Then the bar waiter brought me a surprise one night...Johnnie Walker Black w soda water. Wow, used to drink it over ice, a hundred years ago. That was my after dinner drink(s) for the rest of the cruise...

Nice. Johnnie Black will probably be my fall back on our cruise as the menu you posted didn't have a ton of selection. You probably weren't looking, but did you see much variance in the whiskey selection from bar to bar? Or did it seem like all the bars carried pretty much all the same things?

Nice. Johnnie Black will probably be my fall back on our cruise as the menu you posted didn't have a ton of selection. You probably weren't looking, but did you see much variance in the whiskey selection from bar to bar? Or did it seem like all the bars carried pretty much all the same things?

Sorry, I didn't look at the whiskey selection but would just order what I like, Beefeater and tonic, Tanqueray martini, shaken, straight up with olives and the previously mentioned Jack or Black.

In contrast, Anthem has a fabulous Pub that not only has a variety of beers but every liquor imaginable. We would get a before dinner drink there every night to try a different gin martini (hubby) and bourbon (me) recommended by the bartender. They also made a fantastic featured Manhattan with Bulleit...wow. Also tried Jack Honey, Fire and Gentleman's Jack for the first time last year. Grandeur didn't serve Honey or Fire.

Because Grandeurs shops are not open the first night, they held a liquor tasting instead...many different varieties too, excellent!

The whisky (spelled PROPERLY :D ) selection, was not great, but they did have some much better than Johnny Black.

What are those better than Johnnie (spelled PROPERLY [emoji5]) Black on the Grandeur that's under the $12 package max? I'm trying to learn...thanks.

What are those better than Johnnie (spelled PROPERLY [emoji5]) Black on the Grandeur that's under the $12 package max? I'm trying to learn...thanks.

I don't drink their swill, so I never learned how to spell it. :D

Actually Green is pretty good stuff/

There are a few very nice blended whiskies, but I tend to single malts.

I don't drink their swill, so I never learned how to spell it. :D

Actually Green is pretty good stuff/

There are a few very nice blended whiskies, but I tend to single malts.

LOL... Bought a bottle of Green for our son that he requested, when he was drinking, but never tried it. But then again he drank Makers Mark too which I don't like.

Ok, recommend a few so I can try them when we're back on Anthem, where the pub has a better selection than any cruise ship we've been on. Especially getting the deluxe drink package now and I don't mind spending a little more for quality. [emoji57]

Let me know what they have, and I will recommend.

I avoid Speysides (Macallan, Glen Fiddich, and many others), due to a harsh after taste. It is an individual thing, as many do not get that taste.

I am a Highlands and Islands person. I will drink anything from Glenmorangie without a second thought. Talisker is good. Anything Ardbeg or Laphroaig, but these two tend to be VERY peaty.

Johnnie Green is a Blended Malt (formerly Vatted Malt), which is a mixture of malt whiskies from several distilleries. A Single malt is all malt whisky from a single distillery. A Blended whisky, is malt whisky and grain whisky blended together. Famous Grouse is a pretty good Blended whisky.

Let me know what they have, and I will recommend.

I avoid Speysides (Macallan, Glen Fiddich, and many others), due to a harsh after taste. It is an individual thing, as many do not get that taste.

I am a Highlands and Islands person. I will drink anything from Glenmorangie without a second thought. Talisker is good. Anything Ardbeg or Laphroaig, but these two tend to be VERY peaty.

Johnnie Green is a Blended Malt (formerly Vatted Malt), which is a mixture of malt whiskies from several distilleries. A Single malt is all malt whisky from a single distillery. A Blended whisky, is malt whisky and grain whisky blended together. Famous Grouse is a pretty good Blended whisky.

Thanks so much for getting back to me...SRF. I'll be sure to try other whisky offerings next time on Grandeur and (somewhat dreaded) cruise on NCL Escape, in 2018.

I'll certainly come back to list what the ships offer and post my opinion, from the viewpoint of an amateur.

Bottom line, if you like it, it is good. :D

It is up to YOUR taste. But I do find many people like the ones I have recommended. Except the Ardbeg and Laphroaig. They are a bit much for some people.

• 3 months later...

DaisyL,

Thank you so much for posting this! I saw your post in the roll call for our upcoming cruise on the Grandeur and then searched through your posts for your review of the previous sailing and stumbled across this gem -- thanks!

DaisyL,

Thank you so much for posting this! I saw your post in the roll call for our upcoming cruise on the Grandeur and then searched through your posts for your review of the previous sailing and stumbled across this gem -- thanks!

Your welcome, glad it helped! I’ll take photos next week if there’s an updated drink menu. I’ll try to take pix of the wine menu too.