Grandeur unscheduled stop

What I heard from the hostess in Chops is that something is broken with the steering and that we need a part that they're trying to get to Grand Bahama and that it'll be 4pm today before we get there. She also said that they didn't have any idea when we'd be back to Baltimore.

Take this all with a grain of salt as there seems to be a lot of rumor-mill right now and not a lot of facts.

What I heard from the hostess in Chops is that something is broken with the steering and that we need a part that they're trying to get to Grand Bahama and that it'll be 4pm today before we get there. She also said that they didn't have any idea when we'd be back to Baltimore.

Take this all with a grain of salt as there seems to be a lot of rumor-mill right now and not a lot of facts.

We are going 10 knots right now according to the TV. I’ll be anxious to see where we dock when we get there.

Doing some math..... Baltimore is 901 nautical miles from PC. If we do 22 knots (supposedly our fastest speed) that's 40+ hours which means we'd be in Baltimore Friday afternoon/evening.

Weather in PC tomorrow is 72 and raining. I was hoping for sun, oh well.

Doing some math..... Baltimore is 901 nautical miles from PC. If we do 22 knots (supposedly our fastest speed) that's 40+ hours which means we'd be in Baltimore Friday afternoon/evening.

She does much less than top speed while in the Bay, so add a couple hours.:p

If Grandeur boarding is delayed by a day for the 1/11/18 cruise, will they refund some amount for the loss of a day, and skip a port or two, or will they cancel the cruise outright? This is our second attempt at a 25th anniversary trip (the first being cancelled by hurricanes), so I am really praying we get some days cruising instead of an outright cancellation.

If Grandeur boarding is delayed by a day for the 1/11/18 cruise, will they refund some amount for the loss of a day, and skip a port or two, or will they cancel the cruise outright?

Unlikely anything will be decided before they find out if the fix in PC will work.

Hope everything works out okay....at best, you'll get a bonus cruise day. At worst, they would have to terminate the cruise there if repairs can't be accomplished....

I wonder if terminating the cruise in PC is the reason we aren’t going for repairs in the Bahamas. It would be easier to transport us all home from the US.

I wonder if terminating the cruise in PC is the reason we aren’t going for repairs in the Bahamas. It would be easier to transport us all home from the US.

That's what I was thinking, and I wonder if the situation would warrant an exemption from the PVSA.

Just got this:

S: Royal Caribbean Update:

Grandeur of the Seas is currently experiencing a technical issue which limits the operation of one of the two rudders used to steer the ship. While the ship is fully operational, in an abundance of safety, we will be making the repairs immediately. As a result, the new departure date for your cruise is Saturday, January 13th. We are actively working through the details and will have another update for you today at 12:30 PM EST. This update will include boarding times on Saturday, compensation details and all other necessary information. We are very sorry for this impact to your vacation and thank you for your patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citymom: Wow...were you planning on arriving a day before or same day?

Fortunately we are in DC so easy drive to port. Just bummed out since we were really looking forward to a 9 day cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk