Constellation OV--Deck 3

Blue_Flame

I just discovered that Constellation has seven OV cabins (3115-3127) on the port side between the glass elevators and Qsine. I cannot find any information on them, however.

Are they exactly like the newer OV cabins on the starboard side (i.e. larger windows)? I see that the 3115, closest to the elevators, is available on a cruise I'm interested in, but wonder if the elevator creates much noise for this cabin.

Also, for those going to Qsine on Constellation, do you walk down the hallway of these cabins to get there?

Thanks for any information on these unique cabins.

I just discovered that Constellation has seven OV cabins (3115-3127) on the port side between the glass elevators and Qsine. I cannot find any information on them, however.

Are they exactly like the newer OV cabins on the starboard side (i.e. larger windows)? I see that the 3115, closest to the elevators, is available on a cruise I'm interested in, but wonder if the elevator creates much noise for this cabin.

Also, for those going to Qsine on Constellation, do you walk down the hallway of these cabins to get there?

Thanks for any information on these unique cabins.

Wow, those are new since we've last sailed Constellation a little less than 2 years ago. Must have been put in during a refurb when they took out the larger specialty restaurant and put in the smaller Qsine.

To answer your question, they are definitely the same as the ones on the Starboard side, because the windows in that area are the same.

When they first put in those cabins on Summit, we sailed in 3112, which is the first one right next to the ladies restroom. I had visions of hearing toilets flush throughout the night. Come to find out that it was extremely quiet and well insulated, and ended up sailing in that stateroom 2 additional times, and have it booked for a transatlantic on Infinity in 2019.

My best guess is that passageway is cordoned off from the rest of the ship, like the ones on the Starboard side, and they have an outside entrance into Qsine like they do for the conference rooms on the Starboard side.

I wouldn't hesitate in booking that stateroom. I'm sure it is very well insulated, and you shouldn't hear any noise from the elevators.

Wow, those are new since we've last sailed Constellation a little less than 2 years ago. Must have been put in during a refurb when they took out the larger specialty restaurant and put in the smaller Qsine.

To answer your question, they are definitely the same as the ones on the Starboard side, because the windows in that area are the same.

When they first put in those cabins on Summit, we sailed in 3112, which is the first one right next to the ladies restroom. I had visions of hearing toilets flush throughout the night. Come to find out that it was extremely quiet and well insulated, and ended up sailing in that stateroom 2 additional times, and have it booked for a transatlantic on Infinity in 2019.

My best guess is that passageway is cordoned off from the rest of the ship, like the ones on the Starboard side, and they have an outside entrance into Qsine like they do for the conference rooms on the Starboard side.

I wouldn't hesitate in booking that stateroom. I'm sure it is very well insulated, and you shouldn't hear any noise from the elevators.

Thanks for your insight and input. I have 3114 booked as it is the only one available on the starboard side right now, but 3115 opened up and I wasn't sure if I should move or not. It's tempting as those cabins are even newer than the starboard ones.

Thanks for your insight and input. I have 3114 booked as it is the only one available on the starboard side right now, but 3115 opened up and I wasn't sure if I should move or not. It's tempting as those cabins are even newer than the starboard ones.

Good luck with your decision. Personally, I just might give it a shot and go for 3115. :)

Good luck with your decision. Personally, I just might give it a shot and go for 3115. :)

Thanks for the "push!" I think I'll try it.

I did a search and found that the cabins adjacent to these elevators on other decks haven't reported noise problems, so hoping the same for 3115.

• 1 year later...

How was the cabin? We are booked at the end of the hall in 3127. Worried about noise from Tuscan Grill or from Rendezvous below. Like the idea of the secluded hall and nice window. Excited to see update to the ship! It's been a few years and first time with our 4 1/2 year old!

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 11:50 PM, Pinnick said:

How was the cabin? We are booked at the end of the hall in 3127. Worried about noise from Tuscan Grill or from Rendezvous below. Like the idea of the secluded hall and nice window. Excited to see update to the ship! It's been a few years and first time with our 4 1/2 year old!

Cabin 3115 was booked by us for our daughter and her husband. They reported that it was excellent with no noise whatsoever from elevators, Qsine (this was Constellation), or the lounge above. They loved the large window. The hallway was private so no other foot traffic down the hallway. Your 4-year old will no doubt love looking out the large window.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 11:11 AM, Blue_Flame said:

Here is a photo of Constellation 3115, taken in June 2018, showing the large window. 

5C492E53-BCE4-4820-B6D2-D60C8FEAF7D5.jpeg

I'm hoping to revive this older post ... but for the Summit.  I imagine they are very similar.  

A cruise we are interested in has the following availability: 3115, 3117 and 3127 

I thought that 3127 would be the quietest cabin of those three although was worried about noise from the Tuscan Grille.  3117 has the door leading to the promenade deck right above it so not sure if that would be the best choice.  If you had to make a choice between 3115 and 3127, which would you choose?  Also, can you give me any idea where the entrance (or door) to that private hallway is?  thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Currently on board Millennium and had the opportunity to check out those 7 new staterooms on the Port side.  All of those staterooms are in their own quiet section of the ship.  The entrance to Tuscan Grill has been moved.  That whole area is blocked off, and it is a very quiet section of the ship.  The entrance to Tuscan moved to the back of the ship by the aft elevators on Deck 3.  

My assessment -- 3115, 3117, and 3119 are the most private of the 7 with 3121 being the least private as you enter into that area facing directly at 3121, so if you were to open the door with others entering the space, they could see directly into your stateroom.  The same applies to 3140 on the Starboard side of the ship with people walking off the elevators to enter into that passageway, they would be looking directly at 3140.

The remainder of the staterooms, 3123, 3125, and 3127 all have crew doors across from them  If you walked out of 3127 into the crew door, it would take you into Tuscan Grill.  I don't know about the other two crew doors -- probably stateroom supplies, I would guess.

There is an exit door across from 3115 that leads you out to the centrum, but it appears to be closed all of the time.   Of the 7, I would think 3115 would be my first choice.

All of the staterooms are the same size as those on the Starboard side.  3112 being the best of the lot in my opinion.  🍷

Just came off the Summit and was in 3123.  Very quiet with very little foot traffic. Loved the location too with easy access to the mid-ship elevator and stairwell.The only time we used the elevators were to go up to the buffet and pool. To get to the Tuscan Grill or aft elevator you need to walk across at mid ship and use the starboard corridor where 3112 to  3140 are.

Just now, bkbarrym said:

Just came off the Summit and was in 3123.  Very quiet with very little foot traffic. Loved the location too with easy access to the mid-ship elevator and stairwell.The only time we used the elevators were to go up to the buffet and pool. To get to the Tuscan Grill or aft elevator you need to walk across at mid ship and use the starboard corridor where 3112 to  3140 are.

Better yet, enter Tuscan thru the door right across from 3127.   I did check this afternoon, and the other two crew doors were for supplies/bedding.  They were open, so I peaked in.  🍷

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Better yet, enter Tuscan thru the door right across from 3127.   I did check this afternoon, and the other two crew doors were for supplies/bedding.  They were open, so I peaked in.  🍷

Wine-O  - we are booked in 3132 - do you think we would be better moving to 3115 from this previously quiet corridor now that Tuscan guests (and Elite breakfast) have to use that area?

10 hours ago, waggie said:

Wine-O  - we are booked in 3132 - do you think we would be better moving to 3115 from this previously quiet corridor now that Tuscan guests (and Elite breakfast) have to use that area?

I would appreciate Wine-O's thoughts but I didn't find this corridor that busy though we did use it to get to and from Tuscan for Elite breakfast or from the aft elevator. There were never that many people at the Elite breakfast at any time and some may have used the aft elevator. However, there are more cabins in this corridor vs. the port side (7).

The corridors for the OVs forward from guest relations are far busier as more cabins including insides. It would also depend on whether you prefer port or starboard side of the ship.

Edited by bkbarrym

Thank you bkbarrym - CC folk are so good at sharing ideas.

We are not worried about port or starboard as we have no idea which direction the ship will berth each day on our port intensive cruise! 

We will make a decision tonight before this topic gets everyone moving cabin!

Just now, waggie said:

I would move to 3115.  The corridor is now not that quiet as before since they moved the entrance to Tuscan back aft.  🍷

On 7/7/2019 at 3:40 PM, Wine-O said:

Currently on board Millennium and had the opportunity to check out those 7 new staterooms on the Port side.  All of those staterooms are in their own quiet section of the ship.  The entrance to Tuscan Grill has been moved.  That whole area is blocked off, and it is a very quiet section of the ship.  The entrance to Tuscan moved to the back of the ship by the aft elevators on Deck 3.  

My assessment -- 3115, 3117, and 3119 are the most private of the 7 with 3121 being the least private as you enter into that area facing directly at 3121, so if you were to open the door with others entering the space, they could see directly into your stateroom.  The same applies to 3140 on the Starboard side of the ship with people walking off the elevators to enter into that passageway, they would be looking directly at 3140.

The remainder of the staterooms, 3123, 3125, and 3127 all have crew doors across from them  If you walked out of 3127 into the crew door, it would take you into Tuscan Grill.  I don't know about the other two crew doors -- probably stateroom supplies, I would guess.

There is an exit door across from 3115 that leads you out to the centrum, but it appears to be closed all of the time.   Of the 7, I would think 3115 would be my first choice.

All of the staterooms are the same size as those on the Starboard side.  3112 being the best of the lot in my opinion.  🍷

So good to know.  Cabin 3119 just opened up so think I will nab that one instead of being right across from a crew door.  Thank you so much for checking this out!!  

6 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

So good to know.  Cabin 3119 just opened up so think I will nab that one instead of being right across from a crew door.  Thank you so much for checking this out!!  

We were in 3119 in May. Very quiet and private-loved it!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I would move to 3115.  The corridor is now not that quiet as before since they moved the entrance to Tuscan back aft.  🍷

We have moved. -thank you so much for taking the time on your own vacation to help!

The UK website still shows the restaurant in  the deck plan - thank goodness for CC,

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, BSinPNS said:

There have been reports that these cabins are smaller than the ones on the starboard side. True/False?? Thanks.

False.  They are the exact same size.  I walked thru all of them when we got on board to check them out.  🍷

17 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

Agree. We've stayed in both (port and starboard) and the size is identical. 

We have stayed in the Starboard ones many times, but now with the new refit, the entrance to the Tuscan Grill is back aft by the aft elevators.  You can only get there by using the aft elevator (of course) or from Deck 3 down the starboard passageway where 3112-3144 are located.  It just makes it a tad less private.  Other than 3112, I think 3115-3127 are more desirable, in my opinion.    🍷

• Like 1