Eurodam Neptune Lounge and alcohol

kokopelli-az

No, there isn't a bar in the Neptune Lounge. There is a cocktail cart set up in which you mix your own drink and sign that you have mixed it. The drink will be charged to your onboard account.

The Neptune Lounge is an area on the inside of the ship that actually serves little purpose, imo. The Concierges are located there. You will discover that very few other passengers hang out in the lounge. Most use it to grab a quick bite to eat or drink and to simply ask questions of the concierge. We found the atmosphere very dull and uninviting, of course your opinion may very well be different.

Here is a link to a HAL blog posting on the lounge: https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/destinations/alaska/a-suite-perk-the-neptune-lounge-on-holland-america-line/.

Is there a bar in the Neptune Lounge on the Eurodam? Or do you just bring your own drink from one of the other bars?

There is a small selection of liquor and mixes. You can mix your own beverage and sign a list of what you've taken. There is no bar tender. There maybe beer and some wine as well. Think of it more like the alcohol selection found in your room fridge.

There is a small selection of liquor and mixes. You can mix your own beverage and sign a list of what you've taken. There is no bar tender. There maybe beer and some wine as well. Think of it more like the alcohol selection found in your room fridge.

There are a few bottles of wine but I never cared enough to look and see what they were. :D

No, there isn't a bar in the Neptune Lounge. There is a cocktail cart set up in which you mix your own drink and sign that you have mixed it. The drink will be charged to your onboard account.

Mix our own drinks? Now that sounds dangerous:evilsmile:

And we have the beverage package so I assume we don't get charged for making a drink in the Neptune Lounge?

And we have the beverage package so I assume we don't get charged for making a drink in the Neptune Lounge?

I'm pretty sure the beverage package doesn't apply because the drink isn't charged into the computer system. The same is true of bottles of water at the table by the gangway and also drinks bought on HMC.

The system may have changed, so as Sail said, check with the concierge.

The concierges have no way of scanning your ID card to take advantage of the Signature Beverage Card.

Also there is no Happy Hour here so that you can buy 1 drink and get a second one for $2.

Good points on the drinks in the Neptune Lounge.

I have heard some say they could use Explore4/Signature package there and others not.

Not sure how you could use it unless the concierges are doing something.

I think this is one where you mileage may vary but overall, I would not expect to be able to use it. I don't think cards can be scanned there?

Seeing it it is available close to our cab in and you c an take your drink o your verandah, Yes, I think that a perk. I enjoy a glass of wine but don't want a whole bottle in my ca in. I can go into Neptune, get my glass of wine and enjoy it in my cabin or in Neptune Lounge. wihtout having to go ddown to a bar to get t i or bother with room service. I like the convenience of havin g it nearby No one needs to touch it if they don' t wish.

Seeing it it is available close to our cab in and you c an take your drink o your verandah, Yes, I think that a perk. I enjoy a glass of wine but don't want a whole bottle in my ca in. I can go into Neptune, get my glass of wine and enjoy it in my cabin or in Neptune Lounge. wihtout having to go ddown to a bar to get t i or bother with room service. I like the convenience of havin g it nearby No one needs to touch it if they don' t wish.

What are the wines by the glass that they offer in the Neptune Lounge?

I just read the info about the cocktail cart and signing for it out loud to my huband and he was gobsmacked. Me too. For the price paid for a Neptune Suite, he was stunned that you can't enjoy a complimentary cocktail each evening.

Plus, not all Neptune Suites are located so close to the Neptune Lounge, making that "perk" even less attractive (to us). To each his own but how cheap can they be?

Edited by ithaca gal
add info

I just read the info about the cocktail cart and signing for it out loud to my huband and he was gobsmacked. Me too. For the price paid for a Neptune Suite, he was stunned that you can't enjoy a complimentary cocktail each evening.

I agree! HAL really needs to step up their suite perks to compete with other cruise lines. Celebrity suite benefits are fantastic. I mentioned this very thing to my PCC and her response was that HAL is typically behind the curve.

I agree! HAL really needs to step up their suite perks to compete with other cruise lines. Celebrity suite benefits are fantastic. I mentioned this very thing to my PCC and her response was that HAL is typically behind the curve.

We've mentioned on our post-cruise surveys that HAL should add suites lounges (with cocktails) and suites only dining similar to Celebrity and some ships on RCI and Princess. Celebrity is becoming more tempting...

Plus, not all Neptune Suites are located so close to the Neptune Lounge, making that "perk" even less attractive (to us). To each his own but how cheap can they be?

I agree -- if we ever paid retail for a Neptune Suite, I would think it is reasonable to expect a complimentary drink each day.

We are currently booked in a SY for our upcoming Alaska cruise. If we should get an upsell, I am not willing to pay much. IMO, the "perks" don't warrant it. I suspect we will be sailing in our booked SY.

I've seen decent pricing on upsells from Sig Suites to Neptunes. Usually the offers are good value (for us), to get the perks that come with the Neptunes. Comp laundry and drycleaning, breakfasts in the Pinnacle, use of the Neptune Lounge and the concierges, and the noticeably-better service when you pull out your gold coloured room key ;) I hope you get an offer that works for you (y)

We are currently booked in a SY for our upcoming Alaska cruise. If we should get an upsell, I am not willing to pay much. IMO, the "perks" don't warrant it. I suspect we will be sailing in our booked SY.

Whenever we have booked an SS (similar to an SY, I think) we have gotten a decent upsell to Neptune, so you never know. I've never actually booked a Neptune, but have had one for almost all my cruises. I don't care for the PG breakfast perk, nor the Neptune Lounge, but the king size bed is nice.:)

Whenever we have booked an SS (similar to an SY, I think) we have gotten a decent upsell to Neptune, so you never know. I've never actually booked a Neptune, but have had one for almost all my cruises. I don't care for the PG breakfast perk, nor the Neptune Lounge, but the king size bed is nice.:)

Interesting. Can you tell us how many times you have paid for an up sell/ended up in a Neptune Suite? I remember when they used to sellout early. Maybe not any more but are you primarily cruising in the Caribbean?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting. Can you tell us how many times you have paid for an up sell/ended up in a Neptune Suite? I remember when they used to sellout early. Maybe not any more but are you primarily cruising in the Caribbean?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not Caribbean, seldom do those - Alaska, Panama transits etc. Mostly longer cruises. Last year transferred to a Neptune after one week Caribbean for the remaining 3 weeks onboard. Just turned down an upsell offer for my April 17 day cruise - the offers are coming early on that one. I'm not sure why how many times I have gotten an upsell makes an difference to anyone now?

I agree -- if we ever paid retail for a Neptune Suite, I would think it is reasonable to expect a complimentary drink each day.

I have paid, 'retail' each and every time we were in a Neptune Suite. Not once, not ever an upsell. And we havve been in Neptune suites a huge number of times.

Complimentary drink was not high on my 'wish list.'

I think it’s reasonable to expect multiple complimentary drinks each day in a Neptune. Seriously, there don’t seem to be a lot of perks for the money spent. But that’s me, I guess. I’m a Yankee, through and through! 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk