Eurodam or Volendam

Tiggipaws

We have sailed on Both ships -- it has been quite a while since we were on the Volendam.

But if I had to choose, I would go on the Eurodam. She has the Tamarind restaurant which we love.

The Volendam's Pinnacle Grill is inside the ship -- only 3 windows looking into the hallway. No windows to look outside.

Eurodam is often used by large groups - check the schedule posted on this HAL board which tries to track many of the large group cruises, and see if this particular date and ship is affected. Or the Volendam for that matter too, but chances are much higher for the Eurodam sharing space with large groups.

I think a Panama itinerary is better on the smaller ship since it is easier to move from side to side, front to back so you can take in all views. But there are plenty of open viewing spots on the Eurodam too - just takes longer to reach them.

Agree, the Tamarind restaurant gives the Eurodam an edge.

Location of the interior Pinnacle on the Volendam is of no concern for us since it is dark in the evenings anyway - no window views and the overall space and graciousness of the setting works just fine for us. But the Volendam is such a classic "old" HAL ship my own choice would be to keep sailing them as long as they are still with us.

Final answer: either. Great help, right? Are the itineraries the same?

However, I put the Voldendam right up there with the Zaandam as our two most favorite HAL ships.

Eurodam is often used by large groups - check the schedule posted on this HAL board which tries to track many of the large group cruises, and see if this particular date and ship is affected. Or the Volendam for that matter too, but chances are much higher for the Eurodam sharing space with large groups.

I think a Panama itinerary is better on the smaller ship since it is easier to move from side to side, front to back so you can take in all views. But there are plenty of open viewing spots on the Eurodam too - just takes longer to reach them.

Agree, the Tamarind restaurant gives the Eurodam an edge.

Location of the interior Pinnacle on the Volendam is of no concern for us since it is dark in the evenings anyway - no window views and the overall space and graciousness of the setting works just fine for us. But the Volendam is such a classic "old" HAL ship my own choice would be to keep sailing them as long as they are still with us.

Final answer: either. Great help, right? Are the itineraries the same?

However, I put the Voldendam right up there with the Zaandam as our two most favorite HAL ships.

Itinaries the same except Volendam has an extra day at Aruba

• 1 month later...