Glory Review 02/24/18 out of Miami

EngineCo52

February 23rd & 24th:

We flew into Fort Lauderdale a day early from Baltimore, and took an UBER ($47) to the Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami International Airport ($270) where we stayed the night. Nice Hotel and convenient to the Port. Continental breakfast was good, and they had omelettes to order. We sat with a local Police Sargent during breakfast. I thought this was really cool because the Hotel extends free breakfast to the local police department. When heading to the port it was a $10 fee to use their shuttle. (totally worth it)

Boarding the Carnival Glory- We arrived around 11:30am. We had FTTF, and one of the people with our group didn't have her Boarding Pass because another person hadn't arrived with it yet. Well Carnival staff was on top of it, they got her name and printed it off right there at the line, or lack there of line. Getting on board was very easy and took no time at all. We literally walked through their maze and got right on the ship. They said the room wouldn't be ready until after 1:30pm. We went and checked and the room was ready around 1pm (Room 1027 Balcony Panorama) with our S&S cards in the mailbox. Everyone seemed to be in regular cruise spirit happy go lucky. Our bags arrived a few hours later approx 5pm. We did our thing changed unpacked got ready for dinner. The rest of the evening was enjoyable with good friends. One thing i do have to point out, I stopped at the Alchemy bar that evening and one of the Bartenders Tijana Remembered me and my name. I was on a cruise on another ship almost 1 year prior to the date and she remembered me and my favorite drink!!! i just thought that was awesome!! and she asked about the group i had traveled with and by their names as well. Huge kudos to her for that!!!

Day 2 -Sea Day

As any other sea day people got out bright and early to save their chairs. We didn't. When we got out there we were able to find 1 chair, and approx an hour and a half later took over 3 more (the people didnt come back to their chairs for almost 2 hours so we happily took them over). There were plenty of activities on the ship for everyone to do we chose to lay out and enjoy the weather as we headed to our first port. Lunch was good on the Lido deck. Guys Burgers ;).yuuuumm. That evening we went to Formal Dinner and after went to the comedy shows, they are always great.

Day 3 Grand Caymen:

A few of us did the Stingray city and Starfish island Excursion through carnival, two of my group had never been and i haven't been in about 15 years. It was a nice slow boat ride out and the water was crystal clear. When we arrived at Stingray city it was PACKED!!! there must have been 200 people there on a little sandbar. Yes we go to feed touch and take pictures with the stingrays but it was wayyyyy to many people there. then over to starfish island we were able to find some starfish but it also had become packed. I wasn't really a fan of the excursion, but my friends with me seems to like it. The crew was fantastic who we had and made the time more enjoyable. Evening time was about the same, dinner, drinks, at the Alchemy bar and comedy show.

Day 4 Mahogany Bay Roatan:

I was up and out early to take a bus for Carnival booked excursion for a Certified 2 tank Dive. The company they used was Anothony's Key Resort. Our crew was Johhny, David, and Elwis. I cant say enough good things about their operation. they were all friendly fun and safety cautious when it came to boating and diving. if i could rate more then 5 stars i would. we did dive site 14&15 which was about a 5 minute boat ride. All the gear was good and in proper working form. We got to see a lot of marine life and i enjoyed every second i was below and above water. The evening time was about the same.

Day 5 Belize:

I did another scuba diving excursion this trip. The company was Aqua Scuba Belize. from the time they picked us up off the glory they were very disorganized and the a lot of the equipment was wrong with sizes etc. They even had us fill out paperwork the first day of the cruise so it could be sent to them for preparation of what equipment we and they needed. They crew was very friendly and willing to help out anyway needed. The dive sites were approx 1 hour boat ride from the Ship. The sites were decent areas there was a good amount of marine life, but everything seemed to be the same to me. when we were on our dives we went out and when we returned to the anchor there were a few of us who hadn't even used half a tank, but they let us explore the area close to the anchor so we got some more down time. The boat ride back was nice and relaxing. Evening time about the same

Day 6 Cozumel:

Ok to start off here. When i first got into my room I had a green piece of paper stating that my dive excursion was cancelled due to operational issues. I asked Shore Excursions desk what that meant, and they wouldn't give me an answer! You know good and well they knew a good time prior to this cruise setting sail that it was cancelled. Well good thing is i had a back up. I was given info on another company to use while in Cozumel El Clavado Dive Shop. I messaged the owner via Facebook the night before (Gilmer F. Helguera) he was very responsive and I had everything set up with him very quickly. Let me just say i couldnt have been happier going with him!! I took a 5 min cab ride over to the Marina where i met one of his Dive masters Alex, and Boat Captain Benji. They had everything set up by the time i got there and we did an overview of the equipment and boat. We went to Santa Rosa Wall (Drift Dive) and Cedral Pass (Drift Dive) WOW is all that i can say. Both were amazing dives and i couldnt have been happier with Carnival cancelling my excursion. Evening time about the same as before.

Day 7 Sea Day:

Not much to say about this day as most of us were pooped from doing things the past week. It was a nice day and time for some relaxation. We did the comedy shows and piano bar which was also awesome.

Day 8: Getting off the boat

It was the same process as before except this time we didn't fill out customs forms and were out pretty quick.

Ever since Carnival has gone to American Dining menu i really havent been that impressed with it all.

The cruise was definitely a blast and if anyone has any specific questions im happy to answer

Thanks for your review! Sounds like you had an enjoyable time! You were embarking on the Glory the day we disembarked. :)

Did you see Clay in the piano bar? We really enjoyed that. And the Latin music group in the Ivory room was pretty fantastic!

Did you go to the serenity area? If so how crowded was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did venture back to the Serenity Deck it wasnt bad at all this cruise!! but every cruise is different. A few people in my group were back there more often then i, and they never had a problem getting a spot or hammock

Thanks for your review! Sounds like you had an enjoyable time! You were embarking on the Glory the day we disembarked. :)

Did you see Clay in the piano bar? We really enjoyed that. And the Latin music group in the Ivory room was pretty fantastic!

never know we may have passed you haha... YES he was great!! he sure does love it Jack Daniels haha. i really like how the piano bar was an actual room and not just tucked away in some corner!

going on the Glory in 5 weeks, so I take it they still have the chair hogs at the pool

haha that's every cruise. if you are ones to get out there early and grab chairs i would highly suggest getting Towel clips/clamps that way to hold your towel down and makes it easier to spot

yeah they stated this, however when we got on all the doors to the hallways were closed, but being me i opened them and walked right in haha

As you should have. Diamond/Platinum/FTTF can go through the doors. They keep them shut to keep everyone else out. Did you get the card at check in that tells you when the cabins are ready?

As you should have. Diamond/Platinum/FTTF can go through the doors. They keep them shut to keep everyone else out. Did you get the card at check in that tells you when the cabins are ready?

some of the others in my group that weren't Diamond/Platinum or FTTF went right through and weren't to far behind us. No we didn't even have to do a check in, we literally walked right onto the ship and went to the Lido

We are on the Glory in May and just wondering which Playlist Performer shows they are doing now. Do you still have your Fun Times? We like to do a show or two in the evenings, then a Comedy club or two other nights.

We are on the Glory in May and just wondering which Playlist Performer shows they are doing now. Do you still have your Fun Times? We like to do a show or two in the evenings, then a Comedy club or two other nights.

i dont know how often they switch or do different itineraries. i remember one guys name is Killa Beez. They were all absolutely hysterical

i dont know how often they switch or do different itineraries. i remember one guys name is Killa Beez. They were all absolutely hysterical

That sounds like a Comedy show, not the Playlist. Yes, the comedians switch off with another ship during the week, that way you have 2 diff groups of Comedians on a cruise. Playlist is one group of singers and dancers who do shows in the main theatre every night. Guess you didn't see any of their shows. Thanks anyway.

That sounds like a Comedy show, not the Playlist. Yes, the comedians switch off with another ship during the week, that way you have 2 diff groups of Comedians on a cruise. Playlist is one group of singers and dancers who do shows in the main theatre every night. Guess you didn't see any of their shows. Thanks anyway.

haha my apologies, no i dont know what the current playlist if for performances, and i dont have any of the daily fun time papers, sorry for the confusion

• 2 weeks later...
Jo I didn't forget about you with the pictures. most of my files are to large to post :loudcry:
Hi all!

EngineCo52 - thanks so much for remembering! The pictures are lovely.

I find it hard to post pictures on CC as I always get a message about resizing, something I don't know how to do.

Jo

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app