Receiving emails from R.C.I

You would not believe how many months and how many emails I have sent to R.C.I requesting to have promotional and advertising material sent to my email address. I have ticked the boxes on my cruise planner that many times to receive emails. I have phoned Crown & Anchor. Every time I get a reply email saying they have added my email address and that I will now receive all material. Well I have not received one email. I know they have my correct email address, it is on my cruise planner for my next cruise. My daughter has also booked on the same cruise and has just received an email offering 30% off a refreshment package I once again have received nothing. When I booked my cruise, all information was emailed to me so why is it that R.C.I can not sort it out. I have checked my incoming spam and they are not appearing there. I think I will just give up.

Your emails could possibly be getting blocked at the server level by your internet service provider. This happened to me with my ISP Internode. All of a sudden emails from a particular sender started to be blocked. I could go to Internode’s Webpage and log in and change the spam settings to allow mail from this sender. If you aren’t able to do this, maybe give your ISP a call and have a chat with them and see if your RCI mail might be getting blocked by their security systems. Hope this helps.

Regards

Melissa

Your emails could possibly be getting blocked at the server level by your internet service provider. This happened to me with my ISP Internode. All of a sudden emails from a particular sender started to be blocked. I could go to Internode’s Webpage and log in and change the spam settings to allow mail from this sender. If you aren’t able to do this, maybe give your ISP a call and have a chat with them and see if your RCI mail might be getting blocked by their security systems. Hope this helps.

Regards

Melissa

Thank you Melissa, I will check it all out.

Thank you Melissa, I will check it all out.

Hi Melissa, thinking more about your post,I have been receiving replies back from R.C.I Crown & Anchor every time I have emailed them regarding not receiving their mail, so I guess they are not being blocked by Google Mail. I have also checked on my mail settings and R.C.I are not blocked on there. Another point is, that before my last cruise in January 2018, I thankfully did receive all mail regarding my actual cruise, it is only the mail for promotions that I am not receiving. :)I do like to keep my eye on future cruises offered.:)

In that case I have no idea. Although, I guess the email address they are replying to you from might be seen as safe, given it is probably only used for direct communciation. Whereas the email they use for their advertising etc, which would be unmonitored, eg you can’t reply to it, might somehow be associated with spam by Google Mail. I haven’t used Google Mail so I’m not sure about their spam settings etc. I know with internode there is a held Mail option once I log into my account on their home page and that was where all my blocked Mail was found. Coincidentally, the person I wasn’t receiving mail from was using GMail as well and I had previously been receiving his mail ok, so not sure what had changed. If only you could turn it off at the plug and back on again to fix the problem.:)

Regards

Melissa

In that case I have no idea. Although, I guess the email address they are replying to you from might be seen as safe, given it is probably only used for direct communciation. Whereas the email they use for their advertising etc, which would be unmonitored, eg you can’t reply to it, might somehow be associated with spam by Google Mail. I haven’t used Google Mail so I’m not sure about their spam settings etc. I know with internode there is a held Mail option once I log into my account on their home page and that was where all my blocked Mail was found. Coincidentally, the person I wasn’t receiving mail from was using GMail as well and I had previously been receiving his mail ok, so not sure what had changed. If only you could turn it off at the plug and back on again to fix the problem.:)

Regards

Melissa

Thank you Melissa, will still check out your Suggestions.

I have never had the issue with RCI but have with other emails, particularly with attachments being blocked. I would definitely check your spam settings as some thing get blocked while others are let through but sent to the junk box.

Presumably you are checking your email client spam folder.

Hi, yes checking it all the time plus all my mail settings, ie blocked mail & spam settings. All other mail getting through. What I do not understand is RCI mail replies to my queries come through fine.

Hi, yes checking it all the time plus all my mail settings, ie blocked mail & spam settings. All other mail getting through. What I do not understand is RCI mail replies to my queries come through fine.

Have you tried changing the notification settings on your new C&A page?

Have you tried changing the notification settings on your new C&A page?

Hi, Yes I actually did that the other day, I set the preferences for Royal Caribbean & Celebrity cruises & then saved. Seeing I only did it the other day when I managed to eventually sign in to the new site, there is the possibility I could get the emails from now on. Here's hoping.

Hi, Yes I actually did that the other day, I set the preferences for Royal Caribbean & Celebrity cruises & then saved. Seeing I only did it the other day when I managed to eventually sign in to the new site, there is the possibility I could get the emails from now on. Here's hoping.

Hope springs eternal. :D

Hope springs eternal. :D

Thank you, Some time ago I even went onto the Royal Caribbean Site where you log in, scrolled to the bottom of the page where they ask if you would like notifications, and signed in there.:(

Niceman

RC only send garbage and false advertising.

All the big sales and special deals just for you,that have absolutely no savings.

They seem to think people are like sharks,we smell blood and bit anything that comes along.

Your not missing anything.

Niceman

RC only send garbage and false advertising.

All the big sales and special deals just for you,that have absolutely no savings.

They seem to think people are like sharks,we smell blood and bit anything that comes along.

Your not missing anything.

You are probably right, although it is nice to receive an email to let you know that on a cruise you have booked there is 30% of your drinks package.

I noticed you said you have Gmail, so I am wondering have you checked the Promotions folder? I find all my advertising goes in there.

Now That is interesting. Where do I find that as I can not see a promotions folder on my Gmail, only my Inbox, Sent mail, Drafts, All mail, Spam & Trash. All the rest are my private ones I installed.

You are probably right, although it is nice to receive an email to let you know that on a cruise you have booked there is 30% of your drinks package.

They send a flash sale regarding your next cruise and you go the cruise planner and there’s just the regular prices.

I read somewhere that RC now has a policy of not discount on Cruise planner.

They send a flash sale regarding your next cruise and you go the cruise planner and there’s just the regular prices.

I read somewhere that RC now has a policy of not discount on Cruise planner.

Thank you.:D

I noticed you said you have Gmail, so I am wondering have you checked the Promotions folder? I find all my advertising goes in there.

Adding to my last post I found configure post boxes and noticed only primary box is ticked. Does this mean all mail apart from spam should go in there, or should I have promotions box ticked ?

Adding to my last post I found configure post boxes and noticed only primary box is ticked. Does this mean all mail apart from spam should go in there, or should I have promotions box ticked ?

Edit. Found the answer, if only primary box ticked and not the others all mail will go into inbox.

Thank you all for your suggestions. It is still a mystery but I will see what happens now I have signed again and also emailed Crown & Anchor.(yn)

It's been a long-standing issue that whether you get email, and what email you get from RCL (and also Celebrity), is inconsistent. Some couples have similar problems with one getting it and not the other. I get some, but not all the email that others report getting.

You're not the only one.

It's been a long-standing issue that whether you get email, and what email you get from RCL (and also Celebrity), is inconsistent. Some couples have similar problems with one getting it and not the other. I get some, but not all the email that others report getting.

You're not the only one.

Thanks Big M, nice to know it is not just me.

Now That is interesting. Where do I find that as I can not see a promotions folder on my Gmail, only my Inbox, Sent mail, Drafts, All mail, Spam & Trash. All the rest are my private ones I installed.

My Gmail has Primary underneath which is Social and underneath that is Promotions. That is where I find all my commercial subscriptions are automatically placed:cool:.

If you can't see Promotions try going into Settings - > select your email address - > manage labels.

Maybe you need to sync Promotions with inbox?

Edited by ilikeanswers

My Gmail has Primary underneath which is Social and underneath that is Promotions. That is where I find all my commercial subscriptions are automatically placed:cool:.

If you can't see Promotions try going into Settings - > select your email address - > manage labels.

Maybe you need to sync Promotions with inbox?

Thank you, I have been into my mail settings and there is a place where I can tick a box for promotions. I will try that to see if it makes a difference. I did read that with promotions not ticked all mail would go into primary but I will give it a go. Thanks for your help.